100% convinced if Moore had succeded Monk we'd be safe by now.

1 hour ago, Paul.. said:

Huge improvements in terms of tactics/style/mentality etc. etc.

Pulis spell is what cost us in the end, reckon we'll only be going down by 3-6 points max.

Pulis played his part but dropping 27 pts from winning positions is why we're going down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul.. said:

Pulis spell is what cost us in the end, reckon we'll only be going down by 3-6 points max.

But there hasnt been has there? wheres the 'big' improvement in tactics? game management? subs? DM record almost identical to TP and playing out from the back has led us nowhere(with these players) Blackburn had nothing to play for,we are fighting relegation,and it just about saw us over the line,even though(again) we only managed 1 goal......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

We are starting to get near a decent level of football

Why? cos we pass it more? do we score more? win more?..win more once in a winning position? come back when we are behind? answer to all Q is NO apart from  'pass ,pass, pass,.....

Edited by parajack
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

Hence why TP was sacked. DC didn’t want to fork out for one IMO?

In the end it was a false economy. Every time I think about the Jan window coming and going without a striker coming in I grind my teeth. Some people laughed at QPR signing Austin on loan. I wish we had bloomin signed him that’s for sure! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Because under Pulis first couple of games aside we were shapeless, listless, zero attacking threat, players clearly didn't understand the tactics or refused to play to the tactics, our shape was off, everything was just a mess, under Moore even the games we should have got more from and didn't were generally due to individual errors that were costly but over the 90 minutes we were for the most part playing as a team with a style and identity that meant players knew where the other was meant to be at all times.

The issues that Moore hasn't been able to improve are the fact we have so little coming off the bench Harris, Green, Kachunga have all been abysmal for the last few months. Moore is having to rotate a core of about 14 players he knows he can somewhat rely on to do what he expects of them.

Style and identity haven't kept us up we've played a lot of different formations and tactics all season under 4 different people.

There isn't one style of play that fits this team, It's a team that's been broken up over a few seasons with no freshness and it's like putting a jigsaw together that has missing pieces.

I'm by no means disagreeing with you, We do look better under Moore however the notion of playing better football doesn't make it acceptable IF we get relegated.
It's not just Pulis' time here that will have got us relegated they've all made errors this season.

I'm a big fan of Moore but he's not blameless either. 

Whatever happens this season you can see the style Moore wants from us, however currently we don't have players to suit that.

We need to recruit well this summer for a formation and stick with it similar to the Norwich model.

I Trust Moore to rebuild us over any of the managers we've had this season, he needs full control though.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Paul.. said:

Agree.

The blame sits with Chansiri though, he should have sacked Monk in the summer regardless...starting the season with the wrong man and still being in the bottom 3 come Christmas was the biggest indication we were going down. I cannot believe we kept Monk for as long as we did. The damage had already been done before we changed it up. 

Pulis might have been better if he’d had more games and come in at the start of the season. But those 10 games were truly awful, he somehow made us a worse team and there’s no denying that. I actually credit Chansiri for getting rid of him when he did, if we had kept him for longer our season would have been over in February. 

I really like DM, it’s just a shame the poor decisions made by others and our owner have ruined his first season and probably most of next season too. 

13 minutes ago, parajack said:

Why? cos we pass it more? do we score more? win more?..win more once in a winning position? come back when we are behind? answer to all Q is NO apart from  'pass ,pass, pass,.....

We are much more of threat than before Moore came more people hitting the box if you can't see it you may have a problem

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steelman said:

If if if if.....Jesus.

One reason, and one reason alone we're going down and it's that c__t Chansiri. 

End of.

No matter how much you bash DC, once those 11 players cross that white line it's down to them, those spineless bottle jobs are just as much to blame for our probable relegation. That squad of players should easily have been 6pts better off than 3 other teams. 

22 minutes ago, parajack said:

Why? cos we pass it more? 

Yes

do we score more? 

TP: 6 goals in 10 games (0.6 pg)

DM: 13 goals in 11 games (1.2 pg)

Yes

win more?

TP: 10% win rate

DM: 27% win rate

Yes

win more once in a winning position?

Yes (see above)

come back when we are behind? 

No

answer to all Q is NO apart from  'pass ,pass, pass,.....

Actually, the answer to all Q except for one is NO, but close... good try!

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Agree.

The blame sits with Chansiri though, he should have sacked Monk in the summer regardless...starting the season with the wrong man and still being in the bottom 3 come Christmas was the biggest indication we were going down. I cannot believe we kept Monk for as long as we did. The damage had already been done before we changed it up. 

Pulis might have been better if he’d had more games and come in at the start of the season. But those 10 games were truly awful, he somehow made us a worse team and there’s no denying that. I actually credit Chansiri for getting rid of him when he did, if we had kept him for longer our season would have been over in February. 

I really like DM, it’s just a shame the poor decisions made by others and our owner have ruined his first season and probably most of next season too. 

I’m glad we’ve won a game as I was starting to fear for DM. I think he’s got it in him to build a squad for us next season. My big fear is DM gets fired and we spend months with no one in charge and start the season with someone no one has heard of who knows nothing about English football managing a team of kids. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, parajack said:

But there hasnt been has there? wheres the 'big' improvement in tactics? game management?

How many of our matches have you watched this season? I've probably watched at least 90%, maybe more, there's a huge difference in how we're playing now compared to how we were playing under Monk and Pulis.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, striker said:

Sometimes I've enjoyed watching us play football under Moore, that in itself is a monumental improvement on Monk, Pulis.

So refreshing to have a young forward thinking manager who looks to play the game the right way.

Managers like Pulis are yesterday's men and they won't be missed.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Yes

TP: 6 goals in 10 games (0.6 pg)

DM: 13 goals in 11 games (1.2 pg)

Yes

TP: 10% win rate

DM: 27% win rate

Yes

Yes (see above)

No

Actually, the answer to all Q except for one is NO, but close... good try!

giphy.gif

Edited by Paul..

55 minutes ago, Basement Jack said:

Moore has had by far the greatest impact of the managers associated with us this season and what’s more he has been ill for a lot of his short reign 

I like Darren Moore a lot 

Having the numerous managers we have had this season including the temporary stand ins we have done badly. We are now doing better when we don't have a manager because he's sick.

Maybe, just maybe, having a manager is the problem.lol

15 minutes ago, Jim said:

Were we? We re-signed Hutchinson and signed Green.

Pretty sure when you're under an embargo you can sign free transfers if their wages are under x amount and you get it approved or some such gubbins.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

Style and identity haven't kept us up we've played a lot of different formations and tactics all season under 4 different people.

There isn't one style of play that fits this team, It's a team that's been broken up over a few seasons with no freshness and it's like putting a jigsaw together that has missing pieces.

I'm by no means disagreeing with you, We do look better under Moore however the notion of playing better football doesn't make it acceptable IF we get relegated.
It's not just Pulis' time here that will have got us relegated they've all made errors this season.

I'm a big fan of Moore but he's not blameless either. 

Whatever happens this season you can see the style Moore wants from us, however currently we don't have players to suit that.

We need to recruit well this summer for a formation and stick with it similar to the Norwich model.

I Trust Moore to rebuild us over any of the managers we've had this season, he needs full control though.

We were down when Moore arrived. He bears zero responsibility for our relegation in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2