Next season's shirt design - how about this?

Guest Grandad
26 minutes ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

What would they say?

That commercially it made hardly any difference

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What I would say is this

Imagine we brought out an Adidas kit

Now let's say that excites fans in a more positive way than an Elev8 product by let's say just 5%

That's 5% more positive 

Now - let's say we revised our ticket pricing, we did some amazing promotions to bring friends, re-invite lapsed fans, we got rid of the word 'megastore' on our shop and threw away all the tat it sells and replaced with absolute quality stuff and Adidas tops and merchandise and sorted out the online shop so it looked, felt and operated in a really cool innovative exciting way, we sorted out the matchday catering by building some new facilities on the Kop at the very least, and we brought in local brands and companies like Bere's, Twisted Burger Company etc

Let's say we did that and each one added even just a 5% uplift in positivity, buy in, credibility and professionalism

All over the club you'd be having loads of little wins like that

It would all add up to one big big improvement in 'perception' of our club

Perception is how you build trust in a brand, how you get buy-in, how you build PRIDE

Build pride and trust and you don't just sell more Adidas shirts, you also sell more burgers, beers, memberships and tickets

If you do none of that and just bring out an Elev8 shirt then....

I’m in. 

It will never happen but....

I'd drop £50 into an Owlstalk account for a top like that and if we got enough orders then find a factory somewhere in China to make them.

DC can sue me if he wants but at least I'd get a top I'm proud to wear before 2022.

I'd also add that for the last 25 years our club has basically just sat back, opened the doors on matchdays, opened the 'megastore' doors in a morning and just sat and waited for people to turn up.

That's all - just sit and wait to see who turns up

At no point has the club ever done enough/anything to promote a game. It's not done enough to promote the (horrific) stuff in the Megastore

When was the last time you saw a huge effort to shout about a match that wasn't just a single post on the official site and a mention in one of the plethora of emails you get sent when you're on the club's mailing list?

Nobody really reads the official site anymore in general

Fans who stopped going EVER reads the official site anymore

Fans who have stopped going over the last 20 years would never look at the site and won't be on the clubs emailing list

What has the club done to re-engage with them in recent years?

Instead it's open up the doors and just sit and see how many people turn up to the match or the megastore

That's not club bashing by the way - it's wanting things to be better so that we all have a club and operation at SWFC that we can actually be PROUD of and show to other people who might not go to games anymore

Let me finish with another positive - our SWFC media team. The improvement in the last couple of years has been really outstanding. The little videos, the amazing work they did at the start of lockdown where they posted classic games for fans to watch etc - the visuals, the graphics, the video work - really really good. That needs acknowledging and also needs pointing to as the absolute basic least acceptable level of performance for other areas of the club like marketing, exec box sales, facilities, the online shop, the catering and yes - the official replica shirts

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

It will never happen but....

I'd drop £50 into an Owlstalk account for a top like that and if we got enough orders then find a factory somewhere in China to make them.

DC can sue me if he wants but at least I'd get a top I'm proud to wear before 2022.

Not sure he could sue - there's nothing on it that he owns

Adidas could tho

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

Take away the Blue strip and it would sum up our playing staff this season.

A single white stripe on a White back ground ( with a stick, so it can be waved at the 1st possible opportunity)

It's a positive thread this mate 👍

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
51 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd also add that for the last 25 years our club has basically just sat back, opened the doors on matchdays, opened the 'megastore' doors in a morning and just sat and waited for people to turn up.

At no point has the club ever done enough/anything to promote a game. It's not done enough to promote the (horrific) stuff in the Megastore

When was the last time you saw a huge effort to shout about a match that wasn't just a single post on the official site and a mention in one of the plethora of emails you get sent when you're on the club's mailing list?

Fans who have stopped going over the last 20 years would never look at the site and won't be on the clubs emailing list

Instead it's open up the doors and just sit and see how many people turn up to the match or the megastore

That's not club bashing by the way - it's wanting things to be better so that we all have a club and operation at SWFC that we can actually be PROUD of and show to other people who might not go to games anymore

Let me finish with another positive - our SWFC media team. The improvement in the last couple of years has been really outstanding. The little videos, the amazing work they did at the start of lockdown where they posted classic games for fans to watch etc - the visuals, the graphics, the video work - really really good. That needs acknowledging and also needs pointing to as the absolute basic least acceptable level of performance for other areas of the club like marketing, exec box sales, facilities, the online shop, the catering and yes - the official replica shirts

Actually agree with most of that

But with a caveat

Some of the marketing done under Lee Strafford was brilliant. 

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah it was - the best we've had - but I consider that so far in the past I didn't include

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Checks original post

Checks Lee Straffords tenure dates at Hillsborough

Opens spreadsheet and checks how many years ago that was

Checks original post again as was sure it was within the last 25 years

Sees that it was

Walks away confused 

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Checks original post

Checks Lee Straffords tenure dates at Hillsborough

Opens spreadsheet and checks how many years ago that was

Checks original post again as was sure it was within the last 25 years

Sees that it was

Walks away confused 

carey.png

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Exclellent stuff.

I hope someone at the club is taking note.