A lot of this is on Gary Monk

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

But many will insist on still paying to watch it,is that helping to put the fire out?or fanning it to burn brighter?

From the look of things I'd say it doesn't matter what the fans do or don't do mate.

Grandad has a thread on here to make your hair curl.

It's just my opinion but it seems there's a crisis behind the scenes that's going to make relegation take a backseat as a concern.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t think Nuhiu wanted to stay. 

He wouldn't do when Monk was picking a half-fit Wickham ahead of him and not even picking him as a starter after lock down when Wickham was injured and Fletcher had gone. Monk picked Da Cruz ahead of Nuhiu which sort of told him where he stood under the failing manager we chose to back.

Monk may not be top of the list of people responsible but for me he wouldn't be too far down that list. 

3 hours ago, 83owl said:

How do you work that out? monk was sacked after the Bournemouth game and Westwood was brought straight back in. Since then we have played 23 games and got 23 points. 

How many points have we won in the games Westwood has played?

I'll give you a clue, its more than we have won in the games that he hasn't. 

25 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How many points have we won in the games Westwood has played?

I'll give you a clue, its more than we have won in the games that he hasn't. 

Yes that’s true. However we can get 3 points every game he plays if you like. No good to us whilst he’s sat at home watching homes under the hammer for weeks on end.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He wouldn't do when Monk was picking a half-fit Wickham ahead of him and not even picking him as a starter after lock down when Wickham was injured and Fletcher had gone. Monk picked Da Cruz ahead of Nuhiu which sort of told him where he stood under the failing manager we chose to back.

Monk may not be top of the list of people responsible but for me he wouldn't be too far down that list. 

Silly....may as well blame the tea lady,how long has GM been gone now? how many points lost since?? games played? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Yes that’s true. However we can get 3 points every game he plays if you like. No good to us whilst he’s sat at home watching homes under the hammer for weeks on end.

He has broke his ribs trying to stop shots for us. Dawson has been out injured for months, is he also to blame for not being available? 

12 minutes ago, parajack said:

Silly....may as well blame the tea lady,how long has GM been gone now? how many points lost since?? games played? 

Ah, you must have missed the bit where I said Monk wasn't at the top of the list of people to blame and just responded to the bit of my post that fits your perspective. 

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He has broke his ribs trying to stop shots for us. Dawson has been out injured for months, is he also to blame for not being available? 

The original point by Jim was that we will be relegated due to monk choosing Dawson and Wildsmith over Westwood. The fact that we have now picked up less points per game since his return shows that with Westwood “frozen out” or not it’s irrelevant as if he’s not frozen out then he’s injured instead, either way he doesn’t play.

How he picked up his latest injury is irrelevant. I don’t care if he picked it up trying to stop shots for us or if he fell down the stairs at home the fact is he’s one of the highest earners at a financially struggling club and contributes nothing.

• Love 2

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Ah, you must have missed the bit where I said Monk wasn't at the top of the list of people to blame and just responded to the bit of my post that fits your perspective. 

I have responded to your comments on GM...'not being too far down the list' .. he and other managers would be way down any list,and would be way behind (as an example) the alleged wage stealers on the pitch....thats my perspective....

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

The original point by Jim was that we will be relegated due to monk choosing Dawson and Wildsmith over Westwood. The fact that we have now picked up less points per game since his return shows that with Westwood “frozen out” or not it’s irrelevant as if he’s not frozen out then he’s injured instead, either way he doesn’t play.

How he picked up his latest injury is irrelevant. I don’t care if he picked it up trying to stop shots for us or if he fell down the stairs at home the fact is he’s one of the highest earners at a financially struggling club and contributes nothing.

He has contributed towards a better points per game record than anyone in the squad. The club decide how much to pay him, that's on them. When the club backed Monk they should have made sure they moved Westwood on, they clearly got it wrong backing Monk as they changed their mind on him after just 11 games this season. 

Just now, parajack said:

I have responded to your comments on GM...'not being too far down the list' .. he and other managers would be way down any list,and would be way behind (as an example) the alleged wage stealers on the pitch....thats my perspective....

Who specifically is stealing a wage by not putting the effort in? 

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

From the look of things I'd say it doesn't matter what the fans do or don't do mate.

Grandad has a thread on here to make your hair curl.

It's just my opinion but it seems there's a crisis behind the scenes that's going to make relegation take a backseat as a concern.

I disagree,fans/supporters who disagree and dont want the current set up to continue,but still turn out in large numbers home and away,will in my view just encourage the current S6  regime to continue unchanged....

DM will no doubt become the latest S6 whipping boy.....lets see what prices are trotted out for watching the Owls in L1.....

9 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Westwood: Played 11. Points 16 

Without Westwood: Played 22. Points 12

*Ive given the point at Swansea to 'without Westwood' btw as he only lasted 10 mins.

Edited by WhiteOwl91
  • Love 1

Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

Westwood: Played 11. Points 16 

Without Westwood: Played 22. Points 12

He was brought back from being “frozen out” as soon as monk left after the Bournemouth game 23 games ago.

We have since picked up 23 points.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Who specifically is stealing a wage by not putting the effort in? 

Really? after the season we have had,and previous seasons you ask that??.....who do you think? or do you feel that the team are all playing out of their skin,and putting in 110% effort every game?

5 minutes ago, 83owl said:

He was brought back from being “frozen out” as soon as monk left after the Bournemouth game 23 games ago.

We have since picked up 23 points.

Someone's influence on the side is judged by the games they actually play in. 

Shock horror he was frozen out for 12 months then suffers an injury after 2 games in 3 days. 

It's like blaming Dom Iorfa for rupturing his achilles and thus contributing nothing 

Edited by WhiteOwl91
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, parajack said:

Really? after the season we have had,and previous seasons you ask that??.....who do you think? or do you feel that the team are all playing out of their skin,and putting in 110% effort every game?

I asked first, you are the one who said it? Put the names out there if that's how you feel. There's a difference between not playing out of your skin every game and actively stealing a living as you suggest. 

9 minutes ago, parajack said:

I disagree,fans/supporters who disagree and dont want the current set up to continue,but still turn out in large numbers home and away,will in my view just encourage the current S6  regime to continue unchanged....

DM will no doubt become the latest S6 whipping boy.....lets see what prices are trotted out for watching the Owls in L1.....

Fair points. Yeah.

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I asked first, you are the one who said it? Put the names out there if that's how you feel. There's a difference between not playing out of your skin every game and actively stealing a living as you suggest. 

I have said my piece in enough threads about this team,i have nothing new to add....i have said it over and over in multiple threads.....usually those critiquing our Managers....

Its been there for all to see for some time,right in front of our eyes,week in,week out.................was last night again wasnt it?...and at Luton?..