A lot of this is on Gary Monk

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

*states players are stealing a wage

*refuses to state which players are stealing a living

I would agree our squad probably isn't worse than Rotherhams overall but I would say our squad is disjointed, unbalanced and has been mismanaged rather than them actively not trying.

You are pushing your own agenda (and its both obvious,crude & tiresome)you and i both know that,NO i wont name Millionaire players on an open forum,one which in fact people have been previously threatened with legal action on...(well there have been several social media platforms that have led to such actually),i am more switched on than that,doesn't detract from my wider point.thats why you asked the Q in the first place isnt it? 

You are not anywhere near as clever my friend as what you think....

16 minutes ago, parajack said:

You are pushing your own agenda (and its both obvious,crude & tiresome)you and i both know that,NO i wont name Millionaire players on an open forum,one which in fact people have been previously threatened with legal action on...(well there have been several social media platforms that have led to such actually),i am more switched on than that,doesn't detract from my wider point.thats why you asked the Q in the first place isnt it? 

You are not anywhere near as clever my friend as what you think....

AGENDA

lol

Have a look around plenty of people have dared to give their opinion on which players they feel haven't been pulling their weight. It is a personal opinion if you feel that way, not making any bold statements, nobody is going to sue you for your opinion on this.

You are probably not as clever as I don't give you credit for. 😉

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

I’m well aware that he’s unavailable for selection. The whole point is that him and Hutchinson being frozen out last year was the main factor to blame for our poor form. The period from November till now has proved this to not be true. 

16 points from the 11 games Westwood has completed this season. We could have done with at the start of the season under Monk but Monk had frozen him out. 

Now he is out injured and our record is even worse.

When Westwood plays Wednesday get a better points return. Those are the facts. Monk chose not to play him. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

calm down with the personal digs lads x

Sorry. I know you love the word agenda though. Apparently I now have an agenda all of my own. Trouble is I'm too think to work out what my own agenda is!  

26 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Sorry. I know you love the word agenda though. Apparently I now have an agenda all of my own. Trouble is I'm too think to work out what my own agenda is!  

Oh have people noticed my love for the 'agenda' word?

lol

I thought I was being subtle in my anger about it when I see it 🤣

Owlstalk Shop

42 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

AGENDA

lol

Have a look around plenty of people have dared to give their opinion on which players they feel haven't been pulling their weight. It is a personal opinion if you feel that way, not making any bold statements, nobody is going to sue you for your opinion on this.

You are probably not as clever as I don't give you credit for. 😉

Likewise.including you eh?...play your games elsewhere...you dont think ime clever,fair enough,take it up with Sheffield Hallam,ask them why they award Honours degree's to thick ********

ALL OF THIS IS ON CHANSIRI

At the end of the day, when and if we go down, our glorious owner has to carry the can. He delayed firing Monk when he should have gone last summer. He appointed Pulis which was a total and massive mistake. He then fires Pulis in record time, to prove to us all how decisive he is. He then renders this pointless by waiting weeks and weeks to appoint a replacement, by which time the transfer window has shut and the new manager has no chance of bringing in any new players. He has to make do with players who have already failed the club and others brought in during a management vacuum, who really should never get even close to wearing a Wednesday shirt. He may have saved a few quid on new signings,  but  dear oh dear, relegation is going to cost so much more. Any chance he had of selling the club for anything remotely even close to his outlay, goes down the River Don with the hopes of the fans. 

22 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

At the end of the season when we all sit down and access where It all went wrong Monk will be high on most people’s lists.

Should have gone pre pandemic and it saved his job. Brentford away 5-0 should have been his last game. 

Signed a load of garbage and that is why we are going down. 

OT will waffle on he didn’t sign them but in next sentence blame Carlos for all his bad signings . 

Westwood starts the season we would have also won more games and Hutchison. We had our best spell under NT when they came back. 

Monk Jos Pulis all have one thing in common - all terrible managers who have the excuse of a chairman. A bad chairman doesn’t mean you have to have terrible tactics, sign no left back or striker. 

A decent managwr can go a long long way.

See Cardiff 

Totally agree with this, looking back the recruitment he had a heavy hand in was abysmal but chansiri is to blame for the total shambles in January.

So when we look back on relegation, keeping monk in pre season was a disaster and not strengthening the squad in January was the fatal blow.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah - it's all Monk's fault OBVS

Please don’t start this argument again. I never said it’s ALL his fault....just MOST!

19 hours ago, 83owl said:

No comparison with Iorfa at all. From March last year until Monk left in November every other post on here was about how our poor form was down to Monk and him “freezing out Hutch and Westy” because he couldn’t handle big players.

Monks been gone for 4 months now and both players have been brought back yet our form is still terrible, in fact it’s now even worse but it’s still somehow Monks fault.

Monks is responsible for the fact we started the season with a squad that scored about 25 goals between them the season before. He is responsible for the fact we have no left back and striker. 
He is responsible for freezing out a keeper that is better than the two he picked instead. He is responsible for the rock bottom morale subsequent managers have had to address. And before anyone starts about Chansiri responsibilty this one is about monk. There’s another two thousand about Chansiri responsibilty 

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Monks is responsible for the fact we started the season with a squad that scored about 25 goals between them the season before. He is responsible for the fact we have no left back and striker. 
If signing a left back and a striker for this squad is such a high priority why then didn’t we sign them in January then? Instead we signed a winger who hasn’t played for 6 months and a midfielder that has the mobility of Jabba the Hut.

He is responsible for freezing out a keeper that is better than the two he picked instead.
Westwood hasn’t been frozen out since November and yet he’s still not playing. What a surprise.

He is responsible for the rock bottom morale subsequent managers have had to address.

You don’t think the players having their wages paid at irregular intervals, Pulis publicly stating the squad is crap and needs new players in January has anything to do with morale but yet you blame a guy who left the club over 4 months ago? Ridiculous.

And before anyone starts about Chansiri responsibilty this one is about monk. There’s another two thousand about Chansiri responsibilty 

11 minutes ago, Plonk said:

He is responsible for freezing out a keeper that is better than the two he picked instead. He is responsible for the rock bottom morale subsequent managers have had to address. And before anyone starts about Chansiri responsibilty this one is about monk. There’s another two thousand about Chansiri responsibilty 

I know you say, 'before anyone starts about Chansiri', but it's him more than Monk who's responsible for the state of our squad.

Monk was on record as wanting to keep Fletcher and Fox, but we seemingly couldn't match Stoke's offer, so they left.

There's no way Monk wanted to lose Fletcher - he was our most important player last season, and Monk was getting more out of him than any of his previous Wednesday managers. Unfortunately, our points deduction and the P&S issues meant that we were a pretty unattractive proposition compared to Stoke City.

As for the recruitment - the chairman's previous actions had created godawful circumstances for our recruitment team to try and operate within - we had to jettison proven quality in order to cut costs, and replace them with cheap signings who'd be willing to join a club starting on minus twelve.

There's no way that Windass, Paterson, Marriott and Kachunga were all Monk's top choices - we were clearly after the likes of Leko and Zahore (among others, I'm sure), but they went elsewhere and our pool of options reduced further still. The notion that he was flicking through a catalogue of strikers and happily picked that bunch out is laughable.

Thanks to our previous overspending and the resultant points deduction, we were in no position to attract higher quality players and must have been among the least attractive Championship teams to join this pre-season.

The old adage 'beggars can't be choosers' rings true here, I'm afraid.

27 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Monk set us up to play 3 at the back, we didn't need a left back. We had players that could cover the left sided midfield place. 

Pulis came in and went 4 at the back, that's when the problematic left back thing started.