A lot of this is on Gary Monk

1 minute ago, parajack said:

I have said my piece in enough threads about this team,i have nothing new to add....i have said it over and over in multiple threads.....usually those critiquing our Managers....

Its been there for all to see for some time,right in front of our eyes,week in,week out.................was last night again wasnt it?...and at Luton?..

So you won't name the players you just said are stealing a living?

Fair enough, glad we clarified that. It wouldn't take you any longer to write their names than it would have done to post your previous message but you clearly don't want to, that's fine, I know where we stand now. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair enough, glad we clarified that. It wouldn't take you any longer to write their names than it would have done to post your previous message but you clearly don't want to, that's fine, I know where we stand now. 

Yep they wont. Too easy for people to just throw the stealing a living accusation about for me 

I can absolutely guarantee not one player in that side wants to get relegated. 

Not because of an affinity to Sheffield Wednesday, but for what being part of this shower does for their reputation in the game and future prospects. Both on the pitch and financially. 

I don't see any player not giving a hoot. I see a team that's lost faith in itself and that's a result of the mess of recruitment that landed us without a LB, without adequate replacements for Fletcher/Nuhiu/others and without a plan. 

'Pashun' doesn't keep you up regardless of what anyone says. Not at that level. They're genuinely not good enough as a collective and that's on the management/ownership of the football club. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jamie_W said:

Hapless Hutchinson? Who are you, Donald Trump? Jesus christ... you're trying to gaslight people into believing he hasn't been one of our better players since he came back by making up a childish nickname?

Better players! You must be joking he’s an absolutely woeful midfielder. There’s a reason the likes of Luton and Rotherham are running rings around us in midfield. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Someone's influence on the side is judged by the games they actually play in. 

Shock horror he was frozen out for 12 months then suffers an injury after 2 games in 3 days. 

It's like blaming Dom Iorfa for rupturing his achilles and thus contributing nothing 

No comparison with Iorfa at all. From March last year until Monk left in November every other post on here was about how our poor form was down to Monk and him “freezing out Hutch and Westy” because he couldn’t handle big players.

Monks been gone for 4 months now and both players have been brought back yet our form is still terrible, in fact it’s now even worse but it’s still somehow Monks fault.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You have known where we stand from word one.....i have no intention of going into a blow by blow long drawn out dialogue with you,been there there,convinces no one.....I post what i want to post,not what you want....

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Yep they wont. Too easy for people to just throw the stealing a living accusation about for me 

I can absolutely guarantee not one player in that side wants to get relegated. 

Not because of an affinity to Sheffield Wednesday, but for what being part of this shower does for their reputation in the game and future prospects. Both on the pitch and financially. 

I don't see any player not giving a hoot. I see a team that's lost faith in itself and that's a result of the mess of recruitment that landed us without a LB, without adequate replacements for Fletcher/Nuhiu/others and without a plan. 

'Pashun' doesn't keep you up regardless of what anyone says. Not at that level. They're genuinely not good enough as a collective and that's on the management/ownership of the football club. 

Passionate post in defence of our players,is it your view than,in terms of commitment on the field that your seeing that demonstrated? I agree on your last point but is our squad any worse than say Rotherhams? certainly similar record going into the game,but despite having a man sent off,they manage to outplay in my view and win us.....? just bad luck? same  with Luton? Good enough to go 2-0 up,but not good enough to win?....Birmingham?....

39 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Better players! You must be joking he’s an absolutely woeful midfielder. There’s a reason the likes of Luton and Rotherham are running rings around us in midfield. 

Your wasting your time mate,...nothing convinces them.....

39 minutes ago, parajack said:

Passionate post in defence of our players,is it your view than,in terms of commitment on the field that your seeing that demonstrated? I agree on your last point but is our squad any worse than say Rotherhams? certainly similar record going into the game,but despite having a man sent off,they manage to outplay in my view and win us.....? just bad luck? same  with Luton? Good enough to go 2-0 up,but not good enough to win?....Birmingham?....

I don't think the mental capitulation against Luton, or way we lost against Rotherham was a lack of passion or commitment. 

I see it as clear mental fragility and not being up to the standard required (be that physical, ability, mentality etc) to get us out of this situation. 

We had 66% of the ball, 15 shots, yet lose the game. So its not commitment for me, its just not having the necessary requirements as a squad. 

I think our squad in terms of individual players isnt worse. On paper. But we've been here before. 

I think our squad in terms of balance and blend is considerably worse with gaping holes 

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I don't think the mental capitulation against Luton, or way we lost against Rotherham was a lack of passion or commitment. 

I see it as clear mental fragility and not being up to the standard required (be that physical, ability, mentality etc) to get us out of this situation. 

We had 66% of the ball, 15 shots, yet lose the game. So its not commitment for me, its just not having the necessary requirements as a squad. 

I think our squad in terms of individual players isnt worse. On paper. But we've been here before. 

I think our squad in terms of balance and blend is considerably worse with gaping holes 

% of the ball but that would include passing backwards and sideways wouldn't it? thats why these stats are so meaningless? how many of those shots were on target?.....Are players rushing to track back? putting in key tackles? 'taking one for the team' when an opponents through on goal?....#  fair q about commitment i feel...

1 minute ago, parajack said:

% of the ball but that would include passing backwards and sideways wouldn't it? thats why these stats are so meaningless? how many of those shots were on target?.....Are players rushing to track back? putting in key tackles? 'taking one for the team' when an opponents through on goal?....#  fair q about commitment i feel...

We had enough chances to win the game. Big chances. Paterson being the main one on 2/3 occasions. Rotherham would have taken those chances. 

Regarding tracking back etc, I think the likes of Penney for example just aren't defensively minded enough, good enough or switched on enough.  

The fact we've ended up with so many players of that mould (Penney, Reach etc) who wont throw in key tackles etc is again on recruitment for me. They will be the same wherever they go 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

No comparison with Iorfa at all. From March last year until Monk left in November every other post on here was about how our poor form was down to Monk and him “freezing out Hutch and Westy” because he couldn’t handle big players.

Monks been gone for 4 months now and both players have been brought back yet our form is still terrible, in fact it’s now even worse but it’s still somehow Monks fault.

THE FORM WITH WESTWOOD IN THE TEAM IS NOT WORSE!

1 hour ago, parajack said:

You have known where we stand from word one.....i have no intention of going into a blow by blow long drawn out dialogue with you,been there there,convinces no one.....I post what i want to post,not what you want....

*states players are stealing a wage

*refuses to state which players are stealing a living

1 hour ago, parajack said:

I would agree our squad probably isn't worse than Rotherhams overall but I would say our squad is disjointed, unbalanced and has been mismanaged rather than them actively not trying.

10 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

When he's injured it still counts, apparently. 

Because he's 'no longer banished'. 

Van Dijk has been awful during Liverpool's recent bad run. I mean he is out injured but surely that's his fault.  

30 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

THE FORM WITH WESTWOOD IN THE TEAM IS NOT WORSE!

Westwood frozen out at start of season 

10 games 11 points.

Westwood again available for selection

23 games 23 points.

Strange statistic considering him being frozen out was apparently the sole reason for our poor form from Christmas last year.

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

10 games 11 points.

23 games 23 points.

Strange statistic considering him being frozen out was apparently the sole reason for our poor form from Christmas last year.

Him not playing was the problem. He could have played under Monk but Monk chose not to pick him. That is entirely different to being out injured but I'm guessing you are intelligent enough to know that. 

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

10 games 11 points.

23 games 23 points.

Haha absolutely incredible you choose to classify the last 3 defeats as Westwood being available for selection

Despite being injured and therefore unavailable for selection

I’m well aware that he’s unavailable for selection. The whole point is that him and Hutchinson being frozen out last year was the main factor to blame for our poor form. The period from November till now has proved this to not be true. 

12 minutes ago, 83owl said:

I’m well aware that he’s unavailable for selection. The whole point is that him and Hutchinson being frozen out last year was the main factor to blame for our poor form. The period from November till now has proved this to not be true. 

If you can name me another player in the world who can help a sides form when out injured I’m all ears.