Neil Thompson's post-Luton reaction

30 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Exposed for what exactly! He's ******** youth team coach! Is he being exposed as not a manager, well whoop did ******** do. What a surprise! He isn't a frigging manager. Never has been. Never will be. He's NOT asked for the job! I'm fuming with the amount of people who keep writing this poo . Yes he's making mistakes. You would make mistakes. I would make mistakes. We frigging might well try not to. The bloke has been sold well short to put it mildly. Sick of this club and even more sick of the ******** that have a go things beyond the control of a man who is probably simply like me and you doing all he can. 

No ones having a go at him pal. 
He has been exposed. He’s made poor decisions. 
Shall we just carry on down this route then ? 
You happy with that ? 
Sure he’s a cracking bloke. 
We are 14 games away from probably the biggest and hardest relegation of the last god knows how long. 
He didn’t have to take the job and could step back now. We all know who’s to blame while he sits on his hands. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Mcguigan
21 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

But you said you'd watched the game ?  It was clear to everyone he was. His play was slow, laboured, he was making mistakes and his passes were going astray  as well as his tackles.   he should have clearly been substituted.  And this is the thing, we all realise how and why it's come to this. But honest and real mistakes being made by any of the stand in staff are now protected under an understandable  CHANSIRI OUT melting pot.

Changes made today at half time and after conceding weren't the best. And to say that wouldn't be wrong.

it doesn't mean I or anyone else is kicking Neil Thompson who has done a superb job after being thrown in at the deep end.
It just means things were wrong TODAY and then only the second half... that's the annoying thing.

UTO

I did watch the game, same as I did midweek when Hutch put in the same kind of performance.

In midfield, he’s past it at this level but who do we replace him with, Pelupessy?

4 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

I did watch the game, same as I did midweek when Hutch put in the same kind of performance.

In midfield, he’s past it at this level but who do we replace him with, Pelupessy?

Damned both ways and on pitches getting faster as the better weather kicks in too. Noticed a lit of water being put down prior against us.. Because we lack fitness..

I really don't know the answer.... I think Hutch  is a liability.. Who came back genuinely thinking he could help save us... It's clearly not working out.. And Pelupessy might be a little fitter.. But couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. 

UTO

Edited by quinnssweetshop

18 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

You happy with that ? 
We are 14 games away from probably the biggest and hardest relegation of the last god knows how long. 
He didn’t have to take the job and could step back now. We all know who’s to blame while he sits on his hands. 

How has he been exposed? Explain that to me and I'll be happy. 

He's not a manager, never wanted to be a manager, and is now being forced to be a manager in order to save his actual job probably. You say he didn't have to take it. I beg to differ but that is obviously open to speculation. 

It is those above that have the responsibility not Thompson which I believe you agree with. 

Just now, TheGaffer said:

He's not a manager, never wanted to be a manager, and is now being forced to be a manager in order to save his actual job probably. You say he didn't have to take it. I beg to differ but that is obviously open to speculation. 

It is those above that have the responsibility not Thompson which I believe you agree with. 

To add. No I'm not happy in the slightest. I don't think it should ever have got to this. It beyond pathetic and whilst that is true I hold Thompson no more accountable than I do the turnstile operator

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Damned both ways and on pitches getting faster as the better weather kicks in too. Noticed a lit of water being put down prior against us.. Because we lack fitness..

I really don't know the answer.... I think Hutch  is a liability.. Who came back genuinely thinking he could help save us... It's clearly not working out.. And Pelupessy might be a little fitter.. But couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. 

UTO

Thompson damned both ways as well then?

Leaves a knackered Hutch on and he gets pelters. Replaces with Pelupessy, bound to get pelters again.

Just now, Mcguigan said:

Thompson damned both ways as well then?

Leaves a knackered Hutch on and he gets pelters. Replaces with Pelupessy, bound to get pelters again.

Don't disagree on the quality of both.... Bit a difference though on starting.... Than fresher legs with 15 to go. That is another altogether decision made in game..as to starting. 

Guest Mcguigan
27 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

You happy with that ? 

So Thompson takes a step back, then what?

He’s clearly been put in a situation that he rather wasn’t in. Bullen must be p!$$ed off as he’s never been left in caretaker charge as long as Thompson has.

I just think there is no one out there who will take the job on and in all fairness, is that really a surprise?

This probably being the case means inevitably this will get worse as no one on the touchline or on the field looks like they want to be here?

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan

Don't disagree on the quality of both.... Bit a difference though on starting.... Than fresher legs with 15 to go. That is another altogether decision made in game..as to starting. 

I’d have fresher legs than Hutch with 15 mins to go but I can’t influence Championship level football matches, much like Pelupessy, so what would be the point.

Guest Mcguigan

I didn't ask for that.. Just said he'd got it wrong this second half..... He's the only one we have any hope with ATM... And as has been correctly said by all... That, is down to the deeper problem of chansiri

I wasn’t replying to your post, get over yourself.

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

So you’re saying he was forced into the job ? 
Never. He’s the U23 coach and a good one at that. Only a few make the step up from that. Not many. He could take a step back. Make DC make a decision. 

3 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

So you’re saying he was forced into the job ? 
Never. He’s the U23 coach and a good one at that. Only a few make the step up from that. Not many. He could take a step back. Make DC make a decision. 

With this chairman it would not surprise. Like I say I am speculating. 

What I think may have happened is "can you takeover temporarily?" answer being yes and now the situation is "if you don't feel you can't look after the first team there isn't a position available for you"