Neil Thompson's post-Luton reaction

we know the mess we are in comes from the top but surely everyone involved today and in other games should be accountable. Thomson with his team selections, tactics and substitutions, the players certainly with their lack of commitment and playing to the best of their ability but what baffles me is surely Bullen having been in the position himself and having worked with these players on a daily basis up to last season should be able to help Thomson out more than he appears to do

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

doing a job he never applied for with coaches he didn’t select. A bit like Bullen I feel he cares more than most and yet he’s judged at same standards of people that applied, were selected, were paid more, were better assisted. 

I don't think Thompson is up to it, he should step down and tell DC he can't get the job done with these players and that we are effectively relegated already.

I don't think there are more than 2 or 3 managers who could save us. Colin is one but the fans wouldn't have him. McCarthy might,  Pearson might but neither are available. None of the 3 would work under DC.

I don't blame Thompson for his failure, he's done his best but the squad is rotten to the core. Thompson has been forced into the job and he's been brave enough to try to help in our hour of need.

While ever there is a mathematical chance of survival fans will hope.but in our heart of hearts I think the majority now accept the situation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, farlego said:

we know the mess we are in comes from the top but surely everyone involved today and in other games should be accountable. Thomson with his team selections, tactics and substitutions, the players certainly with their lack of commitment and playing to the best of their ability but what baffles me is surely Bullen having been in the position himself and having worked with these players on a daily basis up to last season should be able to help Thomson out more than he appears to do

What specifically is Bullen not doing/doing wrong in the work he's doing with Thompson or what he's saying to him?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Mcguigan
18 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

lol

really ?  And hutch stays on the pitch when he could hardly walk ?   really ?

£20 says Hutch starts next game, nowt wrong with him.

Guest Mcguigan
17 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Did you actually watch the game ?  Honest question ? And i won't say a word if you didn't.

Watched it all mate.

42 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Trouble is now he keeps making them. He’s being exposed sadly. 

Exposed for what exactly! He's ******** youth team coach! Is he being exposed as not a manager, well whoop did ******** do. What a surprise! He isn't a frigging manager. Never has been. Never will be. He's NOT asked for the job! I'm fuming with the amount of people who keep writing this poo . Yes he's making mistakes. You would make mistakes. I would make mistakes. We frigging might well try not to. The bloke has been sold well short to put it mildly. Sick of this club and even more sick of the ******** that have a go things beyond the control of a man who is probably simply like me and you doing all he can. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, farlego said:

but what baffles me is surely Bullen having been in the position himself and having worked with these players on a daily basis up to last season should be able to help Thomson out more than he appears to do

This is what I don’t get. A few times today I saw the 3 of them barking instructions. I mean collectively surely they have enough to know our best players and the best formations for them? What makes it even easier for them is they’re not even technical players. Just play to their bloody strengths!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Started with the positives.......

THERE WEREN'T ANY !!

WE CAPITULATED !!!      

AGAIN !!!!

Its Saturday, Rotherham game is Wednesday night but we already know what's gunna happen. Our players are not good enough...end of story.

Need a reaction blah blah ...same story after every game.

We do get a reaction...just a pi55 poor one.

Professional footballers my a*hole

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, Animis said:

He can't say much can he - he's not a manager; the rest of the management team aren't up to it. They've been thrown to the wolfs by DC on a cheap option.

The players DC's assembled are like him, mentality weak and general absent when it matters.

6 years of DC and we are a empty shell of desperation and apathy across the club. 

He probably was looking for a new manager in January then Thompson went and won 5 out of 7 so he thought ‘oh might as well leave it now and it will save me some money’. Now it’s gone wrong there’s not enough time to make a difference 

Guest Mcguigan
7 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

So you'd agree Hutch was knackered

You’d have to ask him, I’ve no idea if he was knackered.

I thought, initially, he was injured in our penalty area when they scored, replays suggest he wasn’t. So what do I know.

9 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

You’d have to ask him, I’ve no idea if he was knackered.

I thought, initially, he was injured in our penalty area when they scored, replays suggest he wasn’t. So what do I know.

But you said you'd watched the game ?  It was clear to everyone he was. His play was slow, laboured, he was making mistakes and his passes were going astray  as well as his tackles.   he should have clearly been substituted.  And this is the thing, we all realise how and why it's come to this. But honest and real mistakes being made by any of the stand in staff are now protected under an understandable  CHANSIRI OUT melting pot.

Changes made today at half time and after conceding weren't the best. And to say that wouldn't be wrong.

it doesn't mean I or anyone else is kicking Neil Thompson who has done a superb job after being thrown in at the deep end.
It just means things were wrong TODAY and then only the second half... that's the annoying thing.

UTO