Neil Thompson's post-Luton reaction

Guest Mcguigan
Just now, quinnssweetshop said:

When you've calmed down.   Look at the match thread, take a look at the points made by fans who watch games week in week out.
The majority were similar. 

The only thing i'll say is, we have no idea what constraints on choice are put on him during any one game from above or " advisors "
However, if we say that, we are called conspiracy theorists.  We can't win. All we can go on, is this game and the decisions he made second half.

Quite calm mate, no problems there.

I’m also a realist that wasn’t expecting a lead professional development coach to suddenly provide an upturn in results and turn our, bottom 6 at best, first team squad into 1970 Brazil.

7 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

When you've calmed down.   Look at the match thread, take a look at the points made by fans who watch games week in week out.
The majority were similar. 

The only thing i'll say is, we have no idea what constraints on choice are put on him during any one game from above or " advisors "
However, if we say that, we are called conspiracy theorists.  We can't win. All we can go on, is this game and the decisions he made second half.

Neil Thompson isn't experienced or capable enough to manage Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship

He shouldn't be in the job

Once those two points are acknowledged it's impossible to then start kicking him for any tactics, decisions, substitutions etc

It's like kicking a 17 year old on their first driving lesson because they can't parallel park 

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

The way he snapped back in answer to that first question spoke volumes.

He’s thinking the exact same as the fans are about this set of ‘players’.

Regardless of how well prepared they are etc. the results ultimately come down to whether they can be bothered or not. It’s been clear for 2 years they really couldn’t give two sh*ts about how results affect this football club. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

If it wasn’t for the fact he’s been at the club for years & settled in the area I think he’d walk.

Also you’d look at it and think ‘Why should I walk away from the job I had’ too.

As has been said many times in the last few weeks he’s in a position he didn’t ask to be in. Why should he turn his back on his actual job because the first team are a bunch of wasters. It’s letting them win.

I guess the" give him the job until the end of the season" posters are feeling quite foolish tonight? But saying that i don't blame him for today or the previous shocking performances we all know who's the real culprit, this is what you get when you expect a boy to do a man's job, he should be saying to Thompson thanks and go back to reserve football and then go and see if Ian Holloway would take it until the end of the season as a last throw of the dice( but he wont)

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Neil Thompson isn't experienced or capable enough to manage Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship

He shouldn't be in the job

Once those two points are acknowledged it's impossible to then start kicking him for any tactics, decisions, substitutions etc

It's like kicking a 17 year old on their first driving lesson because they can't parallel park 

many people including yourself could see that decisions needed to be made. Simple and easy to see decisions.
And they weren't made. Noone is being " kicked " as you like to say. Just a honest remark re the substitutions that were baffling.
Again, there may be deeper reason for this...  

People should stop making out he's a bloke off the street who has never seen a football match in his life.

Guest Mcguigan
6 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Any sensible Wednesday fan would feel and say the same. 

Apparently reading the match day thread posts, by people that go week in week out, will change your opinion on that.

The image that stuck in my mind was Weaver and Bullen sat back with arms folded shortly to be joined by Thomson doing the same when we are collapsing - I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’d ring Megson sharpish because he’s the only manager out their who might get this lot motivated and organised just through screaming at them all match 

Edited by Elvin Parsnip
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Don't blame Thompson, who is an U23's coach. 

Blame these two muppets

:Chansiri:  1612037508124_trimmed.png.4bf9ef2d595f55f68896559ffa0ad7d8.png 

OH FFS !!  We know whose at fault for the shambles we are in.

Can noone even look at todays game...just todays game...and see his decisons were wrong....
Whether he should be here or not, or managing a kids under 12 team... today, he was the manager

and got it wrong second half.

18 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Quite calm mate, no problems there.

I’m also a realist that wasn’t expecting a lead professional development coach to suddenly provide an upturn in results and turn our, bottom 6 at best, first team squad into 1970 Brazil.

lol

really ?  And hutch stays on the pitch when he could hardly walk ?   really ?