Neil Thompson's post-Luton reaction

2 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

With this chairman it would not surprise. Like I say I am speculating. 

What I think may have happened is "can you takeover temporarily?" answer being yes and now the situation is "if you don't feel you can't look after the first team there isn't a position available for you" 

Very much doubt that. 
Who knows. 
Just needs clarification.
Give it to him till

the season end. Players and fans know where they stand. Sadly results haven’t gone his way and some of his selections shall we say questionable. 

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

While I don’t completely blame him, he’s also the one that took the job on. Ultimately what happens on a match day is Thompson’s responsibility and the last few results simply haven’t been good enough. 

Again... Ultimately? Is it, not for me it isn't. 

Please don't misunderstand what I'm getting at. I do not believe Thompson is the man to get us out of this mess. Never have done. Even during his honeymoon period. 

To say it's his ultimate responsibility is simply not true though. 

I'm of the mind to do a Brian the blunt and do a one man protest. This club and us as fans need to wake the fizz up and sharpish. Not only are we going to be relegated we're going to ******** lose the club full stop and pretty soon too. That isn't Thompsons fault, not that that is what you were suggesting, but what happens in the dugout and ultimately the pitch is a symptom of how the club is run. We, us, the fans need to work out a way how to fix the disease that is killing and we need to do it quickly. I don't know how. It make me angry, sad and I'm lashing out at the people I love. It's not right. So let get our acts together and seriously begin TO ACT! 

Getting annoyed at Thompson is like going out to a restaurant and getting mad that your steak has come out mangled because the head chef has fizzed off and the pot washer promoted in his place.

Yeah he know what goes on in the kitchen in a basic way, but he's not a head chef

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Very much doubt that. 
Who knows. 
Just needs clarification.
Give it to him till

the season end. Players and fans know where they stand. Sadly results haven’t gone his way and some of his selections shall we say questionable. 

We'll never get clarity whilst we have an owner who sees us a source of irrelevant money and not the beating heart of a club. A heart which allowed the club to grow and develop into an institution that he saw fit for purpose and buy only to disregard what made it appealing in the first instance. Without us the club doesn't exist. Simple as that. There isn't only Wednesday finding this out during covid. Without fans, and fans in the ground at that, football is unsustainable. 

10 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

We'll never get clarity whilst we have an owner who sees us a source of irrelevant money and not the beating heart of a club. A heart which allowed the club to grow and develop into an institution that he saw fit for purpose and buy only to disregard what made it appealing in the first instance. Without us the club doesn't exist. Simple as that. There isn't only Wednesday finding this out during covid. Without fans, and fans in the ground at that, football is unsustainable. 

Fair point. 

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I know there is a lot of negativity towards Thompson after last few games but I really feel sorry for him. Better, more highly paid managers than him have struggled with this shower of shybo!! 

Been dropped in it big style, shame on Chansiri. 

This demise started with CC running out of ideas and DC. blowing money on players past their best or with no sell on transfer walue.. He then appointed a series of poor managers or ones who were never interested in the club.He has let talented youngsters walk for free out of the door and now has run the squad down so much we only have 1 out of form recognized striker. None of this is Neil Thomsons fault he has been asked to turn water into wine as DC fiddles while Hillsborough burns. I can only see years of struggle being DCs legacy.

3 hours ago, Animis said:

He can't say much can he - he's not a manager; the rest of the management team aren't up to it. They've been thrown to the wolfs by DC on a cheap option.

The players DC's assembled are like him, mentality weak and general absent when it matters.

6 years of DC and we are a empty shell of desperation and apathy across the club. 

I feel sorry for Neil Thompson, he is doing his best but he’s proved he’s not a manager.

The problem I have it that he’s been part of the coaching staff and if their skills are reflective on the teams performance then they are falling short of expectation. Even Weaver our goalkeeping coach must be put to explain just what is he coaching as our keeper is too static, doesn’t command his area and repeatedly lets in loads of goals. It’s about time those who are falling short should stand up and be counted. Apart from the slackers in the team our coaches should just go - you are useless.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, malek said:

Thompson did little wrong today, he set us up to beat Luton and we played one of the best halfs this season. 

Don't think he can be blamed for usbreaking apart after conceding early in 2'ns half. 

But isn't he there to manage both halves. If your going to praise him for the first half he cant be exonerated from blame for the second. Luton were always going to come out in the second half, make changes and have a go. We had the break to prepare for that and obviously didn't 

Just now, bubbleowl said:

But isn't he there to manage both halves. If your going to praise him for the first half he cant be exonerated from blame for the second. Luton were always going to come out in the second half, make changes and have a go. We had the break to prepare for that and obviously didn't 

I understand what you are trying to say, but we didn't lose today because of tactics or bad game management. We lost because players broke down after conceding silly goal early in 2'nd half and no manager would be able to help there. 

3 minutes ago, malek said:

I understand what you are trying to say, but we didn't lose today because of tactics or bad game management. We lost because players broke down after conceding silly goal early in 2'nd half and no manager would be able to help there. 

How can you say that? I could say it was the players who got us 2-0 up and then Thompson might have change tactics or his inexperience failed to see what Luton may do at halftime, so that might have confused or failed to prepare the players and that's why we lost. Now I'm not saying that's what happened because I don't know and that would be making assumptions, so I'm not going to blame one party because they win or lose as a group, but has to be accountable for his part in that shambles as well as the players

7 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

How can you say that? I could say it was the players who got us 2-0 up and then Thompson might have change tactics or his inexperience failed to see what Luton may do at halftime, so that might have confused or failed to prepare the players and that's why we lost. Now I'm not saying that's what happened because I don't know and that would be making assumptions, so I'm not going to blame one party because they win or lose as a group, but has to be accountable for his part in that shambles as well as the players

I fully understand your sentiment, but for life of me I can’t think of anything anyone could have said or could have done to improve us after things started to go wretched in that 2'nd half. 

Again, I fully understand that it is Thompson's duty to react and help us improve. We were set up well, game plan was good, team selection as well. It is just that I believe no one could have helped us once things started to go bad. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Shouting at Neil Thompson right now is about as noble as walking up to a 7 year old who's been made to run a bank and karate kicking them in the face for not knowing how

The little snot-faced sh!t had it coming though

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, malek said:

I fully understand your sentiment, but for life of me I can’t think of anything anyone could have said or could have done to improve us after things started to go wretched in that 2'nd half. 

Again, I fully understand that it is Thompson's duty to react and help us improve. We were set up well, game plan was good, team selection as well. It is just that I believe no one could have helped us once things started to go bad. 

7 minutes ago, malek said:

I'm not blaming Thompson for this situation we find ourselves at all, but to practically saying it's 100% the players fault is wrong. Otherwise what's the point of him being there, if the players are looking tired or not doing their job or a gap needs to be plugged on the field it his job is to react to that. Otherwise you might as well as say Stoke, Birmingham and Brentford had nothing to do with him, but the Preston, Bournemouth and Derby wins were all his tactics because we won and nothing to do with the players but no one would say that, you take the accolades when you win and except the criticism when you lose and today they were all to blame

I still don’t really blame him. How can you blame a manager for that collapse. You’ve only got to look at the bench during the games when the camera shows him, Bullen, Haslam and Weaver. Apart from Weaver who has been with the first team a few years, they’re all development / youth level coaches.