Neil Thompson's post-Luton reaction

He’s not up to the job, however this poor sod will probably end up unemployed as he’ll get sacked and removed from his previous role, hopefully that won’t happen.

Chansiri is an arrogant, incompetent, stubborn fool, however he is not on the pitch. The players are a disgrace, only Hutch takes any credit, Windass perhaps, the rest yet again disgusting. 

I wish to God we could dock wages, albeit a smaller amount now as they are struggling to pay even pay them. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I know there is a lot of negativity towards Thompson after last few games but I really feel sorry for him. Better, more highly paid managers than him have struggled with this shower of shybo!! 

Agree to an extent but after the run we are on there is not much you can say.  

Guest Mcguigan
9 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

He's a professional coach

The tactics second half were crap, the substituations were crap.
You even said so yourself.

He’s a youth team coach, he’s spent his whole career developing youngsters on £40k a year.

Get off his case, he’s the least person we should be critical of.

Just now, Mcguigan said:

He’s a youth team coach, he’s spent his whole career developing youngsters on £40k a year.

Get off his case, he’s the least person we should be critical of.

On his case, ?  lol it's about this game...read the match thread, everyone was questioning the decisions.
Take a read, and then come back

18 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Give over !
His tactics second half were a shambles.

I think his substitutions were including not getting Hutch off but Patterson lost his man for the first and Penny went AWOL for the second 

But subbing Borner for Dunkley was bizarre 

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
Just now, quinnssweetshop said:

On his case, ?  lol it's about this game...read the match thread, everyone was questioning the decisions.
Take a read, and then come back

Then they’re friggin wrong as well.

He’s the youth team coach, he’s been a youth team coach since he stopped playing.

Hes been asked by the club to fill a role that he a) probably didn’t want b) wishes he’d never accepted and c) will probably mean he’s out of job shortly as he’s not a club “legend” like Bullen.

Point fingers elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I will say it again, something doesn’t add up. The alonso / cook toys out of pram suggested to me that DC had something else lined up . Sam Hutchinson signs and a day later Alonso stops advising Wednesday.

This. There are too many strange things happening at the same time that even "SWFC by accident" cannot be applied there.

I did not envy Thompson when he was thrown in and feel sorry for him right now. I hope he can go back to coaching the youngsters, I don't think he had much choice with the first team after Pulis left. Probably a take it or leave threat thrown at him.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I totally agree with this. I’m not apportioning any blame to Tomo really. The club stinks from top to bottom. He’s made mistakes, admittedly but this comes down from  dysfunctional regime which has filtered throughout the club. 

Trouble is now he keeps making them. He’s being exposed sadly. 

22 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Give over !
His tactics second half were a shambles.

True enough. God knows how he couldn’t see Hutchinson was knackered for a start. 
But- he didn’t give himself the job nor has he kept himself in it. The bloke can’t quit either as he’s then unemployed!

Its a complete farce!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Totally unfair to lay any criticism at Tommos door. He didn’t ask to be put in this position and I’m sure he’s doing his best. Don’t blame him for not quitting although I’m sure he feels like it. However like most on here he as a family to look after and he would be stupid to walk. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mcguigan said:

Then they’re friggin wrong as well.

He’s the youth team coach, he’s been a youth team coach since he stopped playing.

Hes been asked by the club to fill a role that he a) probably didn’t want b) wishes he’d never accepted and c) will probably mean he’s out of job shortly as he’s not a club “legend” like Bullen.

Point fingers elsewhere.

When you've calmed down.   Look at the match thread, take a look at the points made by fans who watch games week in week out.
The majority were similar. 

The only thing i'll say is, we have no idea what constraints on choice are put on him during any one game from above or " advisors "
However, if we say that, we are called conspiracy theorists.  We can't win. All we can go on, is this game and the decisions he made second half.

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

True enough. God knows how he couldn’t see Hutchinson was knackered for a start. 
But- he didn’t give himself the job nor has he kept himself in it. The bloke can’t quit either as he’s then unemployed!

Its a complete farce!

Exactly !   Totally agree....    

The problem is, people are picking up on the big issue on this....and not on THIS game, which is what i'm talking about.

I don't think he is manager material and at key moments it shows.

Tbf his second half tactics weren't to do this, for Paterson to shin one out for a corner and us to leave a man free.

That moment drained the confidence in an instant. 

The issue is that the subs are not chaps for the trenches either. 

He’s an easy target for frustration as he’s the only person who comes out and speaks to the press.

I don’t necessarily agree with some of his team decisions and tactics and so what but at the end of the day he’s not the manager. He shouldn’t have been left in this role for as long as he has. 

Utter shambles that in one of our most crucial seasons in years DC saw fit to leave Thompson in charge.

There is only one person to blame for this. 

• Like 3

Just now, quinnssweetshop said:

Exactly !   Totally agree....    

The problem is, people are picking up on the big issue on this....and not on THIS game, which is what i'm talking about.

Truth is I’m so cross and pi55ed off I can’t apply any logic and I assume everyone else feels the same. Thompson must have done something good because he got them revved up for the first half. But a child could have told you they were going to come out a changed side in the second half. I cannot for the life of me tell you why we didn’t respond to the first goal with some changes to respond to their new shape! It’s was totally negligent! Thomson was a decent bloke for a few games. He shouldn’t be thrown under the buss when he’s clearly out of his depth but there’s no point keeping him in charge. 

• Like 1