Danny cowley... " I think we showed... errr"

I wanted them before they went to huddersfield and thought they did a good job there, however, I've just moved to the area it's really surprising....

They are really not liked. Even though most people acknowledge they did a decent job they're generally known in the town as being massive n0bheads.it surprised me but there's real vitriol from what I'd call 'normal' fans for people who did a good job..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was interesting that he didn’t think we were the right fit. But then Huddersfield found him to be outdated too. 

One thing that I think he would’ve done, which I wouldn’t mind but can’t see DC going for, is bringing in players from L1 who can step up. 

You can't look at any manager now and think, yeah, they could do a job for us. 

It's purely down to who the players respond to in our position, and at the moment that is Neil Thompson.  

I think he should carry on as manager until it doesn't work anymore.

Maybe it's his experience,  his time spent on the training ground, trust...but he's getting the extra needed out of the players at the moment. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bannofan said:

You can't look at any manager now and think, yeah, they could do a job for us. 

It's purely down to who the players respond to in our position, and at the moment that is Neil Thompson.  

I think he should carry on as manager until it doesn't work anymore.

Maybe it's his experience,  his time spent on the training ground, trust...but he's getting the extra needed out of the players at the moment. 

Not for me.

Yes, six points from the last two games is fantastic, but our most pressing issue is getting things right in the January transfer window, and I don't believe Thompson would be the best man for that.

I'd much rather bring in an experienced manager with an existing network of contacts so we can hope to pull of a coup or two, similar to Bruce signing Iorfa and Aarons.

If not, the danger is that we allow the recruitment team to plough on regardless, recruiting to no particular plan, and bring in a new manager after the window closes, rendering them incapable of adjusting things to their liking.

If we don't get this transfer window right, then I doubt any manager stands much chance of keeping us up with any degree of comfort.

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Not for me.

Yes, six points from the last two games is fantastic, but our most pressing issue is getting things right in the January transfer window, and I don't believe Thompson would be the best man for that.

I'd much rather bring in an experienced manager with an existing network of contacts so we can hope to pull of a coup or two, similar to Bruce signing Iorfa and Aarons.

If not, the danger is that we allow the recruitment team to plough on regardless, recruiting to no particular plan, and bring in a new manager after the window closes, rendering them incapable of adjusting things to their liking.

If we don't get this transfer window right, then I doubt any manager stands much chance of keeping us up with any degree of comfort.

That’s the biggest danger. A recruitment team looking for positions and types without knowing what the new manager will want.

Plus, which good player will come, not knowing which manager they will be playing for?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

That’s the biggest danger. A recruitment team looking for positions and types without knowing what the new manager will want.

Plus, which good player will come, not knowing which manager they will be playing for?

Exactly.

No matter what, this squad doesn't have sufficient depth or balance to see us comfortably through the rest of the season.

It would be the worst of both worlds to recruit players without a particular plan in mind, replace Thompson when results inevitably tail off, and have a new manager who doesn't really fancy the players we just blew our limited funds on.

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Our recruitment team is Bruce's recruitment team...they never left 🤣

Our recruitment team also includes the manager, who has a pretty big say in the style the team plays, the formations we use etc.

Sending the remnants of the recruitment team out to recruit to no particular pattern, plan or system doesn't seem like the best use of our meagre resources to me.

It'd be much better to have a manager in place in order to help define the parameters of the task at hand.