Black goal keepers

Burnsie

On 14/12/2020 at 22:14, torryowl said:

alex williams  at man city is the first one i can recall but there aint been many when compared to outfield players .........going off piste a little ,can anyone tell me why theres no black swimmers of any note ?

Socio economic most likely, costs a lot of money to do regularly and actually a lot of black people proportionally can't actually swim so they are not that interested in taking the kids which has a knock on effect

On 14/12/2020 at 22:14, torryowl said:

alex williams  at man city is the first one i can recall but there aint been many when compared to outfield players .........going off piste a little ,can anyone tell me why theres no black swimmers of any note ?

There are one or two starting to break down. From a physiological point of view the argument used to be about body density due to there are supposed increase muscle mass.

having no black role models in the sport makes it harder for the younger generation to aspire to it.

then poorer countries with a majority black populations such as Africa or less likely to have the facilities. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Burnsie said:

There are one or two starting to break down. From a physiological point of view the argument used to be about body density due to there are supposed increase muscle mass.

having no black role models in the sport makes it harder for the younger generation to aspire to it.

then poorer countries with a majority black populations such as Africa or less likely to have the facilities. 

Bringing me onto the greatest sporting legend of all time.

Eric the Eel

• Like 1