It’s So Obvious Who We’re Missing

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I totally blame Pulis for trying to be clever and prove a point and shoving him straight in

I think everyone was shocked when he did that 

In fact I think every single person that said anything about it all said he should have played a few U23 games and sat on the first team bench for a bit until he was sharp

Proper rubbish how it all played out in the end

I’ve always stuck up for Westwood but there was no real need at the time to shove him straight in. Same with Dunkley today, massive gambles.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's too early to judge them though

Apparently

According to some folk who think 7 games is too early to expect a win from a new manager

Countless managers have failed with this lot 

7 games in, 2 of those performances have been unacceptable - and they happened to be this week!  Performances under Monk were as dire as I’ve seen in the last 2 games so all these fans calling back for Monk are absolutely deluded 

The squad is shot to pieces with very little in terms of quality completely at our own doing because our transfer activity has been absolutely dire for years now 

He needs a miracle to get us out of this 

and folk expect him to flip the situation on its head immediately !??? Get real 

1 hour ago, swfc-dan said:

Huge miss, no bite in the midfield now at all.

Also missing Atdhe more than many thought. I never thought we should have let him go without bringing in better- he'd be a regular in this side now.

Hutch and fletcher.. massively missed

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, trev said:

I'd love to see Kieran Lee back in our midfield tbh.

At least he has ability.

This one hundred times.

Some of the players people are missing are crazy. Winnall was never good enough. I'm not sure Nuhiu was ever the answer. Even Hutchinson had his good and bad days.

But we've seen quite a lot now of Pelupessy, Paterson and Dele-Bashiru - combined they don't seem to be half the midfielder Kieran Lee was. Surely we could have kept him and not signed them instead.

Same goes for Fletcher. Yes, he wanted decent money, but I'm sure the combined wages we're paying out to Paterson, Kachunga and Marriott would be more than what Stoke offered him.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Sam Hutchinson A Warrior!?!?! Deary me.

When Wednesday players are described as warriors I think of

Mike Lyons, Nigel Pearson, Peter Shirtliff, Mike Pickering, Mark Smith, Andy McCullough, Lawrie Madden. These blokes were warriors.

Sam Hutchinson not fit to lace these blokes boots.

C47BB042-1C25-46DA-B6E9-C3DE64C88CEE.thumb.png.4e516852e63c439ed390fba7d71a20ec.png

• Love 1

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Sam Hutchinson A Warrior!?!?! Deary me.

When Wednesday players are described as warriors I think of

Mike Lyons, Nigel Pearson, Peter Shirtliff, Mike Pickering, Mark Smith, Andy McCullough, Lawrie Madden. These blokes were warriors.

Sam Hutchinson not fit to lace these blokes boots.

Players from the 80s/90s are hardly relevant though are they. Not sure Mark Smith was ever a warrior either, as good as he was.

At least Lluongo and Pelupessy have stepped up eh?

lol

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Last played in a league game on January 18th - we’ve won 6 league games since then.

A warrior and a winner. 

B98D8DE8-5518-4563-88DF-9B67D767470C.jpeg.787ed508e62452f482b60fde42de42a6.jpeg

Proper leader. 

Miss his influence massively, big character in the dressing room and massive presence on the pitch. Remember him running the show at home when we beat the Dingles two or so years back. 

I wonder how many of those who condemned him on his way out would have him back now? 

OHHHH SAMMY SAMMY.

• Like 1

Just now, Lionel Fessi said:

Proper leader. 

Miss his influence massively, big character in the dressing room and massive presence on the pitch. Remember him running the show at home when we beat the Dingles two or so years back. 

I wonder how many of those who condemned him on his way out would have him back now?  

NOPE

Owlstalk Shop

27 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Countless managers have failed with this lot 

7 games in, 2 of those performances have been unacceptable - and they happened to be this week!  Performances under Monk were as dire as I’ve seen in the last 2 games so all these fans calling back for Monk are absolutely deluded 

The squad is shot to pieces with very little in terms of quality completely at our own doing because our transfer activity has been absolutely dire for years now 

He needs a miracle to get us out of this 

and folk expect him to flip the situation on its head immediately !??? Get real 

Negative tactics with a squad low on morale doesn't help though does it. Been some poor decision making from him aswell.

I am honestly not expecting us to win a game till he has some of his own players. Our lot dont give a damn about Tony Pulis.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Lionel Fessi said:

True, Irofa and Paterson in CM have been SO much better! 

I'd still rather have them in and around my club than Sam 'Hutch' Hutchinson

The issue wasn't getting rid of Hutchinson - it was that we've not yet properly replaced him

Doesn't mean getting rid of 'hutch' was wrong in any way though

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Sam Hutchinson 

A man who hasn't even made Pafos' 20-man squad for the last three consecutive games... in the Cypriot First Division.

If he's the answer, is the question "A waste of space"?

You sure he ain't suspended.

lol

• Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
11 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what attributes Hutchinson has as a midfielder other than the leg breaking tackle and limp off the pitch after 10 minutes.

A presence..it’s as simple as that

3 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

A presence..it’s as simple as that

Talking b0llocks, it’s as simple as that.

Hutchinson would walk/limp into this team, give it 100% and call others out for not giving the same.

Everyone in this thread knows it but it’s now a bit embarrassing to admit it.

• Haha 1