It’s So Obvious Who We’re Missing

Just checked and the ever sent off Sam got 3 red cards during his 123 league games with us. Yes he amassed a few bookings but given Bannan got booked for shooting his mouth off today thats more of an issue. I'd rather the booking for a mistimed tackle than dissent. 

How we need some steel in the team now, some no nonsense footballer who the opposites won't want to face. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Some rose tinted spectacles here.

Undoubtedly a very good footballer, but he was virtually certain to get booked early in every game, and combined with his general temperament was a red waiting to happen most of the time. I lost count of the times that he got himself an early bath when the team really, really needed him to stay on the pitch.

Add to that his injury record, which kept him from ever playing a full season.

He really shouldn't be missed like he is.

fizz me your maths is rubbish. What happened at primary school - skip counting lessons? 

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I’m wondering why Dawson & Wildsmith are still here in that case. 

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I’m wondering why Dawson & Wildsmith are still here in that case. 

Because dc got goosed by agents yet again..to have wildsmith and Dawson on 5 and 4 year deals is outrageous negligence...imo

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's too early to judge them though

Apparently

According to some folk who think 7 games is too early to expect a win from a new manager

That depends on the players at there disposal. 

We have no left back. Right midfield is light as Harris appears to prefer the left. We have 6 or seven when fit centre halves. Talk about an unbelievably unbalanced squad. 

• Like 1

Meh. 

As much as I’d like to agree, I’m not sure how him and Pulis would ‘get on’. And no, I don’t know all the details about what went on or what didn’t between him and Monk, but we should have moved on. 

The same for Fletcher, Foristeri and Fox.

Is it Monk’s fault that he wasn’t able to replace them? I did have a lot of sympathy because it’s pretty obvious that we weren’t in a position to go and throw money at the season given the likely financial restraints placed upon us. 

We have an absolutely awful squad, we’ve signed players more just to make up numbers and not really adding any particular quality.

Will take one hell of a manager to turn this squad and club around.

8 minutes ago, morganowl said:

westwood ended his own career by his attitude and his appalling keeping last season 

He and Hutch were dropped in December and almost immediately after we plummeted from 3rd to nearly relegated. 

The season before, their inclusion after Jos, turned our season around.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Sam Hutchinson A Warrior!?!?! Deary me.

When Wednesday players are described as warriors I think of

Mike Lyons, Nigel Pearson, Peter Shirtliff, Mike Pickering, Mark Smith, Andy McCullough, Lawrie Madden. These blokes were warriors.

Sam Hutchinson not fit to lace these blokes boots.

Lee Chapman too, that guy had more stitches than Singer!

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He and Hutch were dropped in December and almost immediately after we plummeted from 3rd to nearly relegated. 

The season before, their inclusion after Jos, turned our season around.

To be fair Westwood was given a couple of games this season to show us what we've missed

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Yeh admittedly not great but after a year out of the team and out of first team training he might be forgiven. 

I totally blame Pulis for trying to be clever and prove a point and shoving him straight in

I think everyone was shocked when he did that 

In fact I think every single person that said anything about it all said he should have played a few U23 games and sat on the first team bench for a bit until he was sharp

Proper rubbish how it all played out in the end

Owlstalk Shop