Wheres the accounts?

On 30/11/2020 at 01:56, billyblack said:

Thanks for that Plonk. I think you got your answers. 

Not quite but I will take MKs answer over yours everyday. Nothing personal against you it’s just MK knows his stuff. He said there was reason to worry then I would be worried

30 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Not quite but I will take MKs answer over yours everyday. Nothing personal against you it’s just MK knows his stuff. He said there was reason to worry then I would be worried

Not quite.... what bits are you missing?

I hope I’m wrong but don’t think we are out of the woods on FFP issues. 

18/19 has to look a bit sick logically ? 

19/20 can’t look great either even though we started to lose some big earners. 

Can you imagine what 20/21 will look like ? Our income has been decimated. 

Realistically it’s only when we lose the last batch of overpaid 2hats in the summer that we might be on anything like a sensible footing financially. 

Even then, I think we’ll need to sell one player for decent money (£5m - £10m)  a year to look any thing like a sustainable model. 

39 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Not quite.... what bits are you missing?

You said I had my answer based on MKs comment of ten minutes I guessed. But then he changed it afterwards. Hence my quoting it? As I said my understanding was the club had been given longer to prepare them due to the difficulties around the appeal and which year the sale went in.  These aren’t exactly normal times. So until there’s something to worry about I ain’t worrying. Mind you even there were I wouldn’t as there’s ******** all I can do about it.

20 minutes ago, Plonk said:

You said I had my answer based on MKs comment of ten minutes I guessed. But then he changed it afterwards. Hence my quoting it? As I said my understanding was the club had been given longer to prepare them due to the difficulties around the appeal and which year the sale went in.  These aren’t exactly normal times. So until there’s something to worry about I ain’t worrying. Mind you even there were I wouldn’t as there’s ******** all I can do about it.

Im not worried one bit. This isnt what this is about. Given longer to prepare them around difficulties around the appeal. Thats done. Its a quick job to amend and submit. 

54 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I mean let's be honest, whether it's worth panicking about or not, the fact we're in December and we still haven't got 18/19 accounts to see is a chuffing joke. 

Perhaps the worst-run club in the EFL

Thats my point. Worrying isnt the issue. Its just another example of us being unable to do the simple things correctly.

Guest Mcguigan
44 minutes ago, Plonk said:

This is true but it's not normal for all other EFL clubs either, that's why we were all offered a 3 month extension, which the club accepted.

To be four months late after the extension doesn't look good though.

58 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

This is true but it's not normal for all other EFL clubs either, that's why we were all offered a 3 month extension, which the club accepted.

To be four months late after the extension doesn't look good though.

Isnt the extension for this season for the Covid issue? we are talking about the season before where we have already submitted them and now they just need amending? Covid had nothing to do with season for the accounts we are talking about.

Guest Mcguigan
2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Isnt the extension for this season for the Covid issue? we are talking about the season before where we have already submitted them and now they just need amending? Covid had nothing to do with season for the accounts we are talking about.

No, our 18/19 accounts should have been published by 30th April 20, this was extended by 3 month to July 31st 20 for Covid.

If that agreement between the government and companies isn't agreed going forward, our 19/20 accounts will be due 30th April 21.

16 minutes ago, billyblack said:

The accounts should have been submitted 9 months after the year end which would have been 30 April 2020, Due to the Co-Vid Companies House gave every company in the land a 3 month extension to file their accounts, only 3 football clubs had not file at that point for the 2018/19 season us, Sunderland and Derby. We are now entering the 5th month after the extended date and about 6 weeks since the appeal for the reduction in the penalty points to 6 points.

To change the account is probably about an hours work including uploading the changes to companies house, the issue is probably getting DC to sign them in person as I don't know if he is currently in the country or not.

16 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

No, our 18/19 accounts should have been published by 30th April 20, this was extended by 3 month to July 31st 20 for Covid.

If that agreement between the government and companies isn't agreed going forward, our 19/20 accounts will be due 30th April 21.

Beat me to it 😄

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The accounts should have been submitted 9 months after the year end which would have been 30 April 2020, Due to the Co-Vid Companies House gave every company in the land a 3 month extension to file their accounts, only 3 football clubs had not file at that point for the 2018/19 season us, Sunderland and Derby. We are now entering the 5th month after the extended date and about 6 weeks since the appeal for the reduction in the penalty points to 6 points.

To change the account is probably about an hours work including uploading the changes to companies house, the issue is probably getting DC to sign them in person as I don't know if he is currently in the country or not.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-one-four-top-clubs-take-coronavirus-accounts-extension-2842262

just checking this, Derby and us are the only teams not to have submitted, Palace and Newcastle have now back in June and July. You can sign stuff remotely these days, dont need to be in country, its not 1950.

11 minutes ago, billyblack said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-one-four-top-clubs-take-coronavirus-accounts-extension-2842262

just checking this, Derby and us are the only teams not to have submitted, Palace and Newcastle have now back in June and July. You can sign stuff remotely these days, dont need to be in country, its not 1950.

Its not but in the accounting world and the legal world it is still the 1890's

Have you tried to even send an email to the Inland Revenue, or do you have to contact them by phone or letter some industries never move with the times.