Wheres the accounts?

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Absolutely no idea because I’m not an accountant. Are you, because then you could tell us what’s going wrong? There’s one poster on here who is, and he’s not sitting his pants like you are. 

Thanks for that Plonk. I think you got your answers. 

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

Tbh I could do the required adjustments in 15 mins

Please don't do the profession down, the auditors will be charging a few hours for that.

Perhaps they intend filing 31/7/19 and 31/7/20 at the same time😉 Hence the delay.

7 hours ago, pahowl said:

Please don't do the profession down, the auditors will be charging a few hours for that.

Perhaps they intend filing 31/7/19 and 31/7/20 at the same time😉 Hence the delay.

Of course i would charge more hours for what is a complex matter !

Tbf to the auditors explaining on the file why the change was being made is not so straightforward. 

Who knows they may stick to their guns. The EFL disciplinary process has zero regulatory status on this ground sale matter

3 hours ago, daleblue said:

Int it a bit of tippex.

That bottle of tippex got me "through" many an afternoon of dull audit work.

But changing the accounts back in the day would have taken ages. We had a Word Processing dept, part of my role was sweet talking the lasses to do our changes before others. So with my skills in that respect that was about 3 days later.

14 hours ago, Grandad said:

We've submitted one set of accounts since 6th March 2018

That's one set in 1000 days tomorrow

Well there you go then, that explains the delay... it's normally once every ~365 days. There's a lot of beans to count... so many some have even gone mouldy, a few are going into a gravy mix and I think Tango's on a health kick so he's had a few handfuls. 

No wonder they're struggling

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

But changing the accounts back in the day would have taken ages. We had a Word Processing dept, part of my role was sweet talking the lasses to do our changes before others. So with my skills in that respect that was about 3 days later.

Can just see it, sweet talking her wi big gazonkers, telling her she can play with your tippex, and you had an extra coconut bounty for lunch,

If she wants it.

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

I found that Chocolate Hobnobs work with most people in the accountancy trade. Its the ones that don't like them you have to watch out for. lol

• Haha 1

Guest Hornsby
On 29/11/2020 at 11:53, Kameron said:

He’s just finalising the backdated sale of the training ground, sort us once and for all when it’s rubber stamped by the EFL in a few days time.

Especially as we don't own it, Council do.

Either massive loss or can't find an auditor as daft as last one.

Guest Mcguigan
On 29/11/2020 at 23:00, pahowl said:

You would’nt put it past us.

If the government and companies don’t agree to another 3 month COVID extension, our 19/20 accounts will be due by 30th April and we’ve not had sight nor sound of 18/19’s yet.

The longer the delay,  to be four months late even after being granted the 3 month extension, the more nervous I’m becoming.