Marriott

Guest Theboylangers

3 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

He’s not getting any service from midfield, so it’s hardly surprising that he’s not producing anything.

That's because we haven't got an effective midfield - been the same for a while. Can't play 3 up front; two wide wing backs and two midfielders who sit in front of the back 2/3. There's a 30 yard gap in midfield and Monk fills it with a rookie who will never play a game for Man C and looks out of his depth in the championship.

Marriott was poor tonight, but is a symptom of Monk's bizarre team set up, tactics and players around him.

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Lost his confidence under Cocu and he’s joining a team also low on confidence.

Hardly surprising. It’s like people expect players to turn up and be world beaters.

Don't know who you speak to, but I've never met anyone that thinks we are going to sign world beaters at this level 

A player that can contribute and do the basics expected of a pro would do for most folk I know .

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Mister Soul said:

I’m talking about over a season or the handful of games he’s played. The service to our forwards is woeful 

When they do get service they miss..all our forwards are crap..good service no service..they are all crap..this is factamondo

Guest Theboylangers
2 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

When they do get service they miss..all our forwards are crap..good service no service..they are all crap..this is factamondo

We've signed non scoring forwards yet again.

For Kachunga, Marriott, Paterson read Peacock, Booth, and many many others. 

Marriot looks to be no better than JR who will no doubt be back again on Saturday - we do not have one decent striker and worse still don't have a plan on how to create chances. Monk is the problem - coaching ability is suspect can't motivate and this job will be his last at this level.

Saturday will be his last chance after tonights debacle.

50 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

You must not know many. I live in derby and every fan i spoke to said he was garbage. Ran a lot but has no first touch and no reliable finishing. 

I think a few are fond of him because he scored an important goal against Leeds in the playoffs and at the time most wanted him to play in the final. Since then I don’t think they have been that impressed.