Korede Adedoyin - waiting on paperwork now

9 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Not trying to stir the pot... I was under the impression that our accounts were due at the beginning of September. Was I really wrong, and when can we expect this year's accounts. 

Have they been published and I've just missed them?

The accounts are overdue

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02509978

Not sure where we stand in terms of Companies House with this - I believe the initial fines if applied are fairly insignificant in terms of a business of this size.

In terms of the EFL, it was reported at the time they were overdue that the league were in dialogue with the club and it wasn't an issue. Of course we have heard that before but it probably connected to the outcome of our appeal in terms of where the stadium sale is deemed to be applicable to. 

28 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I doubt Wigan said lets wait 1 year or 2 for a chunk of the £500K in their predicament and Rangers were banging on their door for the money as well weren't they? 

Exactly my point

Guest mrbluesky
21 hours ago, Grandad said:

So if we paid Rangers direct - it might not necessarily be registered against a transfer

Maybe 'consultancy'

Remember. we are Loopy  ;-) 

On 24/09/2020 at 09:19, StudentOwl said:

Not trying to stir the pot... I was under the impression that our accounts were due at the beginning of September. Was I really wrong, and when can we expect this year's accounts. 

Have they been published and I've just missed them?

We're waiting for the appeal to be concluded. If we win it, then our accounts will be as they were. If we lose, then the £20m from the incorrect period will be added to the correct accounting period. 

Guest Mcguigan
On 24/09/2020 at 08:05, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Why does the EFL need to do paper work on this?

Are we under and embargo and I've been living under a rock?

I posted we were under a soft embargo weeks ago and got told by the majority what a load of rubbish and we are not under an embargo.

Signings up to £1m and new contracts up to £500k a year wages allowed with EFL clearance.

IE a soft embargo.

23 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

I posted we were under a soft embargo weeks ago and got told by the majority what a load of rubbish and we are not under an embargo.

Signings up to £1m and new contracts up to £500k a year wages allowed with EFL clearance.

IE a soft embargo.

👆

Every signing we've made would satisfy a soft embargo

42 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

And there certainly seemed to be a shift in policy regarding transfer targets, well that’s how it seemed to me. 

It would also provide another angle in the delay in submitting accounts - given that any reasonably intelligent poster can add up 3 seasons of losses

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

IE a soft embargo.

Look at the transfers across the Championship, nobody is spunking money on transfers and the vast majority of deals have been free transfers. It's almost as if the clubs have had one of their main sources of income removed for 12 months by some sort of unforseen event... 🤔 

• Thanks 1

Guest Mcguigan
22 minutes ago, Minton said:

Look at the transfers across the Championship, nobody is spunking money on transfers and the vast majority of deals have been free transfers. It's almost as if the clubs have had one of their main sources of income removed for 12 months by some sort of unforseen event... 🤔 

Really, well here's a list of clubs who have paid over £1m for a signing already and that's with over a week left.

Birmingham

Brentford

Cardiff

Coventry

Derby

Middlesborough

Norwich

Forest

QPR

Reading

Swansea

Stoke

Wonder if Covid19 avoids these areas. 🤔

If we had no restrictions upon us, do you think we;d have pulled the plug on the Leko transfer or was it because was stakes went up to £1m and we couldn't?

Edited by Mcguigan

11 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Really, well here's a list of clubs who have paid over £1m for a signing already and that's with over a week left.

Birmingham

Brentford

Cardiff

Coventry

Derby

Middlesborough

Norwich

Forest

QPR

Reading

Swansea

Stoke

If we had no restrictions upon us, do you think we;d have pulled the plug on the Leko transfer or was it because was stakes went up to £1m and we couldn't?

I asked that Crann fella about an embargo after you kept posting about swfc being in one,he said he'd heard nothing about any embargo at swfc,but yet you keep on insisting we are.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Birmingham

Brentford

Cardiff

Coventry

Derby

Middlesborough

Norwich

Forest

QPR

Reading

Swansea

Stoke

STOP USING FACTS FFS

Guest Mcguigan
15 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I asked that Crann fella about an embargo after you kept posting about swfc being in one,he said he'd heard nothing about any embargo at swfc,but yet you keep on insisting we are.

Without asking anyone or taking my word for it, what do you think?