Korede Adedoyin - waiting on paperwork now

31 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Really, well here's a list of clubs who have paid over £1m for a signing already and that's with over a week left.

Birmingham

Brentford

Cardiff

Coventry

Derby

Middlesborough

Norwich

Forest

QPR

Reading

Swansea

Stoke

Wonder if Covid19 avoids these areas. 🤔

If we had no restrictions upon us, do you think we;d have pulled the plug on the Leko transfer or was it because was stakes went up to £1m and we couldn't?

Oh dear, yet more rewriting of history on here.  We didn't pull out of the deal for Leko.  The player had a choice and chose Birmingham.

Guest Mcguigan
1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I think there's money available for Monk to spend,not the monies Carvalhal had,but there's money all the same,but hey thats just me.

So do I. Up to £1m for transfer fees and £500k per season on a players wages.

Just my guess.

41 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Really, well here's a list of clubs who have paid over £1m for a signing already and that's with over a week left.

Birmingham

Brentford

Cardiff

Coventry

Derby

Middlesborough

Norwich

Forest

QPR

Reading

Swansea

Stoke

Wonder if Covid19 avoids these areas. 🤔

If we had no restrictions upon us, do you think we;d have pulled the plug on the Leko transfer or was it because was stakes went up to £1m and we couldn't?

Because we signed Windass and Kachunga instead perhaps?

Also note that Norwich, Stoke and Swansea all still have parachute payments, Forest sold Matty Cash for, well, lots of cash, Brentford have sold Watkins for £33m and the others have made 1 signing over £1m. Not exactly spraying the cash about are they?

Chansiri really can't win can he? Spend loads and it's "you've got to cut your cloth accordingly", rebuild a squad with young players and it's "why aren't you spending loads of money?!".

Edited by Minton
  • Like 1

Just now, Mcguigan said:

So do I. Up to £1m for transfer fees and £500k per season on a players wages.

Just my guess.

That would just be your thinking in regards to a "soft embargo" tho wouldn't it,as you've posted earlier,the thing is fella,if there were restrictions on what swfc could do,it would be known,there's too many folks within and around the game for it not to be.

Guest Mcguigan
3 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Oh dear, yet more rewriting of history on here.  We didn't pull out of the deal for Leko.  The player had a choice and chose Birmingham.

In the end it was easy choice then. 

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

That would just be your thinking in regards to a "soft embargo" tho wouldn't it,as you've posted earlier,the thing is fella,if there were restrictions on what swfc could do,it would be known,there's too many folks within and around the game for it not to be.

It wasn't known last time when we were selling season tickets without telling fans we were in an embargo

Guest Mcguigan
7 minutes ago, Minton said:

Because we signed Windass and Kachunga instead perhaps?

Also note that Norwich, Stoke and Swansea all still have parachute payments, Forest sold Matty Cash for, well, lots of cash, Brentford have sold Watkins for £33m and the others have made 1 signing over £1m. Not exactly spraying the cash about are they?

Chansiri really can't win can he? Spend loads and it's "you've got to cut your cloth accordingly", rebuild a squad with young players and it's "why aren't you spending loads of money?!".

Yes, but within the terms of the current sanctions?

8 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Yes, but within the terms of the current sanctions?

Where is the evidence for this embargo then? We can't be under an embargo from the outcome of the hearing because it hasn't concluded yet...

Guest Mcguigan
16 minutes ago, Minton said:

Where is the evidence for this embargo then? We can't be under an embargo from the outcome of the hearing because it hasn't concluded yet...

Evidence apart from the £20m losses every season and the missed deadlines for accounting submissions. Apart from our failing tests 1 and 2 of the P&S rules for the past two accounting periods and that’s without even submitting the 18/19 season yet. The appeal, which we’ll loose. The 12 point deduction and the signings we have made so far.

It may be quicker to post the evidence of how we aren’t in one.

The business accounts and EFL FFP submission are now out of sycn. We currently have been penalized 12 points but this is subject to the appeal. I'm not aware that we have been fined or are subject to an embargo - why would we?

I imagine all sides are trying to unpick the situation and work out which EFL FFP year the sale will go into. I imagine our accountants/auditors need to wait until the appeal to issue a statement in the 2018/19 accounts to recognise all this. In the end, it's likely we'll have the sale funds to invest from January onwards.

Just now, Mcguigan said:

Evidence apart from the £20m losses every season and the missed deadlines for accounting submissions. Apart from our failing tests 1 and 2 of the P&S rules for the past two accounting periods and that’s without even submitting the 18/19 season yet. The appeal, which we’ll loose. The 12 point deduction and the signings we have made so far.

It may be quicker to post the evidence of how we aren’t in one.

We've missed our accounting this season because of the hearing, so that isn't a problem.

You're making a lot of assumptions to then come to a conclusion that you've got no evidence to back up. Give it a rest.

And I'd also like to point out that the total spending for the entire division so far is £47m. It works out at £1.97m per club and that is skewed by the 4 or 5 signings that are over £3m. We are bang average in the spending stakes this season.

Guest Mcguigan
8 minutes ago, Minton said:

We've missed our accounting this season because of the hearing, so that isn't a problem.

You're making a lot of assumptions to then come to a conclusion that you've got no evidence to back up. Give it a rest.

And I'd also like to point out that the total spending for the entire division so far is £47m. It works out at £1.97m per club and that is skewed by the 4 or 5 signings that are over £3m. We are bang average in the spending stakes this season.

Fair enough mate. You have your opinion and I have mine. But mine are not based on assumptions. The evidence is all there if you take the time to read it.

Question though, you said we missed our accounting this season because of the hearing but why did we miss it last season also and why do think it's not a problem?

Edited by Mcguigan

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

Fair enough mate. You have your opinion and I have mine. But mine are not based on assumptions. The evidence is all there if you take the time to read it.

Question though, you said we missed our accounting this season because of the hearing but why did we miss it last season also and why do think it's not a problem?

This season isn't a problem because the EFL are aware of it, the reasons why and accept it. We can't file the accounts because we don't know where the £20m from the stadium is going. If we win the appeal, we lose the deduction but probably fail P&S. If we lose the appeal, we have £20m going into the accounts for the submitted year.

53 minutes ago, Minton said:

This season isn't a problem because the EFL are aware of it, the reasons why and accept it. We can't file the accounts because we don't know where the £20m from the stadium is going. If we win the appeal, we lose the deduction but probably fail P&S. If we lose the appeal, we have £20m going into the accounts for the submitted year.

You're making it up as you go along

Just now, Minton said:

Why do you say that?!

We'll without going into the minutiae

How do you know the EFL are ok with it? How do you know we AREN'T under a soft embargo?

Just now, Grandad said:

We'll without going into the minutiae

How do you know the EFL are ok with it? How do you know we AREN'T under a soft embargo?

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-efl-accounts-late-18734683

and as for embargo, they have been announcing when clubs are put under one recently. They announced when Birmingham were cleared last season that there were no other clubs under sanctions in the Championship and the only team to have been added to that list was Charlton after the wheels came off in the boardroom.

What are your sources for us being under an embargo? Not what you reckon, what your actual evidence is.

15 minutes ago, Minton said:

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-efl-accounts-late-18734683

and as for embargo, they have been announcing when clubs are put under one recently. They announced when Birmingham were cleared last season that there were no other clubs under sanctions in the Championship and the only team to have been added to that list was Charlton after the wheels came off in the boardroom.

What are your sources for us being under an embargo? Not what you reckon, what your actual evidence is.

I haven't said we are under an embargo

I said that all of our signings are consistent with one