Soccer Saturday - LeTissier, Thompson, and Nicholas sacked by SKY

ANDY

7 hours ago, markg said:

Le Tissier trending on twitter with Nazi's, Holocaust and Anne Frank. Just a standard Friday for Matt.

Do you think he is deliberately obtuse to get attention, genuinely a bit thick or a little of both? 

13 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you think he is deliberately obtuse to get attention, genuinely a bit thick or a little of both? 

So hard to tell mate. He seems to be having some kind of breakdown. I watched a video he did which was supposed to an apology  and then he started talking about how he did on his round of golf earlier in the day 

I'm not as disappointed about this as I was when this first broke, I think I only was due to nostalgia of Soccer Saturday drinking games when I was at university. I think it makes sense, the show has been the same for many years and could do with a shake up.

In the past 5 years I've barely watched the show as I've been at matches or watched streams of games when I haven't, and I imagine many others have with streams, and it's as easy to follow scores on your phone now as on the telly, so viewing figures are probably down significantly on what they once were. Is that to do with the pundits? No, I doubt it, but I suppose it will freshen it up.

Edited by Carbone

Good grief.

I mean, we can sit there and question a transfer fee, but to sit there and be so dismissive of a player who was probably 23 - 24 years of age at the time and was tearing up the Bundesliga? 

I could almost guarantee you that neither Thompson or Merson in particular would have watched De Bruyne playing for Wolfsburg. 

The guy is not only the best player in the PL, but he would walk into any side on the planet.

Unfortunately, cause these ex pundits played the game, many feel they don't have to do the research, cause they *know* the game. At least with the likes of Neville and Carragher etc.,they'll do some actual research.

14 hours ago, SiJ said:

Good grief.

I mean, we can sit there and question a transfer fee, but to sit there and be so dismissive of a player who was probably 23 - 24 years of age at the time and was tearing up the Bundesliga? 

I could almost guarantee you that neither Thompson or Merson in particular would have watched De Bruyne playing for Wolfsburg. 

The guy is not only the best player in the PL, but he would walk into any side on the planet.

Unfortunately, cause these ex pundits played the game, many feel they don't have to do the research, cause they *know* the game. At least with the likes of Neville and Carragher etc.,they'll do some actual research.

Exactly right.

Give me a well informed lower league / non-pro player over their terrible opinions.

16 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Tim Sherwood and Tony Pulis joining Jeff tomorrow. 

Wonderful 

Good move by Sky - put the likes of these 2 on for a week or two and everyone will be delighted when they are replaced by the likes of Sue Smith and Clinton Morrison! 

Paul Merson this morning:

“Last time someone won back to back league titles was 2009”

Man City won it in 2017-18 and 2018-19.

Thank god we have ex-players as pundits and don't bother with people who haven't played the game at the highest level.

Heaven knows what we would do without them.

Don't even get me started on asking a WOMAN or a BLACK PERSON to do the job. No way could they be as informed as Merson.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2