HERE ARE NEXT SEASON'S FIXTURES

4 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Momentum is an invaluable resource in football.  We all know that.

How any football fan can come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how the games are stacked up, when the fixtures fall and in what order they're in, is baffling really.

Yes, I take your point, but some people look at that list where we've got some easy runs, and some difficult runs and conclude that we've been 'stitched up'.

Looks like a pretty random list to me

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Wall said:

Yes, I take your point, but some people look at that list where we've got some easy runs, and some difficult runs and conclude that we've been 'stitched up'.

Looks like a pretty random list to me

Agreed.  The victim mentality is proper OTT on here right now.

6 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

How any football fan can come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how the games are stacked up, when the fixtures fall and in what order they're in, is baffling really.

Just one of the things that went Leicester’s way when they won the league: gentle start got them some great momentum and confidence.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

We were top of the league last year after three of our first four games were against Reading, Barnsley and Luton (we really should've beaten Millwall as well). It went a bit downhill after that... 

But if you have an "easier" run of fixtures it stands to reason that these will be counteracted at some point by a hard run.