HERE ARE NEXT SEASON'S FIXTURES

It looks like a tough start but we shouldn’t lose sight of the bigger picture. 

We need to average 7 points every 5 games - that would give us 63 points from 45 matches (anything gained in our last game away at Derby would be a bonus as our record against them is terrible). Minus the 12 points would put us on 51. We’d be very unlucky to be relegated with that total. 

If we don’t manage 7 points from our first 5 games, we need to make sure we win at least 14 points from the first 10, which includes some easier looking fixtures. That way we’ll be back on track. 

Edited by snaykz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Someone remind me when we last got a break on the fixture list???

Last season the easy fixture list I had seen in 40 odd years.

We should expect no favours from the EFL, we are taking them to court remember they are meant to be completely none bias on this yet, 2 of the 3 relegated team have home ties against lesser teams in the league.

I don't under the December Schedule 8 games in the month just seems brutal for squad that will be already stretched when Jan and Nov only have 5.

12 minutes ago, snaykz said:

We need to average 7 points every 5 games - that would give us 63 points from 45 matches (anything gained in our last game away at Derby would be a bonus as our record against them is terrible). Minus the 12 points would put us on 51. We’d be very unlucky to be relegated with that total. 

If we don’t manage 7 points from our first 5 games, we need to make sure we win at least 14 points from the first 10, which includes some easier looking fixtures. That way we’ll be back on track. 

Great post mate.  Please ensure you keep reminding people of this fact, as the year goes on.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I dont think Cardiff are that good.

It might not be a bad time playing Watford right at the start.

We've done well at Bristol in the last few seasons. 

Cardiff are much better than us at the moment. I agree with regard to Watford and B.City though.

Then with October's fixtures I can see us getting over the 0 points hurdle by about game 7 or 8.  Unfortunately November and December look like a right slog.

54 minutes ago, snaykz said:

This is a fantastic post. I'm sure the management etc realise this and hope they are using it as a target. Looking at it it seems achievable. Draws kill you in this league, as does chucking games away in the last few minutes. If we can cut that out and turn a few draws into wins then it's gonna be easier. As ever, it's easy on paper. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tough September but, apart from Brentford, the games in October are all winnable, even with our young (er) inexperienced squad.  All we ask is that the team has a go, from first to last minute.

And how good would it be if away fans are allowed in for the last game and we win at Derby to stay up/ go up !!

33 minutes ago, SouthStand75 said:

Christ! We’ve got a job on here. If we don’t get off to a good start then relegation is a real possibility. I thought we would overcome the -12 quite easily. 

Whilst I understand what you're saying, I'm betting come seasons end we'll have done enough to stay a championship side. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mishowl said:

We’ve got to play them all home and away so what does it matter?

16 hours ago, The Wall said:

Can tell the glass half empty folk in here.

Basically we play each team twice, doesn't really matter what order

Momentum is an invaluable resource in football.  We all know that.

How any football fan can come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter how the games are stacked up, when the fixtures fall and in what order they're in, is baffling really.