New iFollow Prices

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Even though the performances were rubbish I was impressed with the standard of ifollow. 

Commentary is a bit meh and I’m not keen on the reading out of tweets but still I’d give it a solid 7/10.

before video iFollow we used to get the audio commentary...
What drove me absolutely bonkers was the "Let's go Around The Grounds".... LET'S NOT...   If I want to know what Barnsley are doing I will tune in to their feed... and Chesterfield????  Really????   And to make things even better - it was done while we were on an attack ..

Glad we don't have to tolerate that anymore.....

4 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Was definitely £110 here. Got the email to prove it.

hope you have enjoyed the 2018/19 Season and your subscription to iFollow.

Did you know that over 2.3m hours of football were watched on iFollow this season?

This email is just to remind you that your Season Pass will automatically renew on 1st July 2019.

Details of your renewal are:

Service Summary

Service: Season Pass (Sheffield Wednesday)
Total Price: £110 (inclusive of VAT/sales tax)
Subscription Period*: 1 Year
"

In the 2018-2019 season they charged me 130 euros.

The next two are showing as pounds

Same here...
My 2019 renewal notice said 110 pounds - but I am actually billed in CDN

My email today said 140 pounds - so I am guessing it's a 27% increase in Canadian...  luckily I over budget for these things because of this... 

A long time ago (when we could only get the audio commentary) they billed in pounds which made the cost a bit of a crap shoot depending on the exchange rate of the day...

7 hours ago, room0035 said:

Just get a second half pass it not like we ever score in the first half of games any way. Then you can pretend that Monk picked the correct team and didn't change it at half time. :duntmatter:

But isn't half time the point when we all leave anyway as we are three down?

I think between us we have just saved us all £140!

Edited by apswfcowl
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Whitecap Owl said:

Same here...
My 2019 renewal notice said 110 pounds - but I am actually billed in CDN

My email today said 140 pounds - so I am guessing it's a 27% increase in Canadian...  luckily I over budget for these things because of this... 

A long time ago (when we could only get the audio commentary) they billed in pounds which made the cost a bit of a crap shoot depending on the exchange rate of the day...

True, not all bad as basically the season ticket refund for me and my dad covers the cost of I follow for next season.

12 hours ago, dr. benway said:

I'd love for this to happen but I guess Apple TV users are a small minority of their users...

Apple users only account for 13% of the market share globally, versus 87% for Android. Apple's market share has been steadily dropping since 2017.

That said, for some bizarre reason and probably out of brand loyalty, Apple hold around 48% of the US market share.

The problem with iFollow for the overseas user is that the amount of games you get to see isn't set. For example, 46 games won't be on iFollow. If Wednesday are entertaining(wishful thinking I know) then Sky will pick up more games and they won't be shown on iFollow. This is also the case for so called "Blackout" games, where the foreign networks select a 3pm kick off game to show live. I'm guessing Weeds were on Sky or Blackout 15-20 times last season, makes a massive difference to the cost per game.

I will most likely purchase again but I am not keen on the free reign they have regarding how many games get shown.