New iFollow Prices

Just got an email about my iFollow renewal. Looks like prices are being increased:

The 2020/21 season will see a new pricing structure in place for iFollow. Therefore, please note that the price of your renewal may differ to your 2019/20 payment.

It's iFollow, so obviously they haven't got their finger out and updated the subscription details page on the official site, but the price according to my email is £140 incl. VAT, or your equivalent local currency. I think it was £110 last season?

Be interesting to see if single match passes are going up too...

I still don't think £140 for the majority of the games in a season is bad value for money. People have digs at Ifollow but I don't think it it's that bad a service, my streams are normally fine. 

Hard stumping up the cash if the performances are like last season but I'll be renewing and hoping for better, ever the optimist! 

• Like 1

Not surprised that prices went up...  been same price for last 3 seasons - 27% seems a bit steep though... just have to see how they price it out in Canadian Dollars (which they have done for last few seasons)... was $190 CDN so am expecting it to be around $245 CDN this season....

That being said.. would hope that the promised improvements this season include:

a) Ability to be able to watch game on demand immediately...  similar to how DAZN works - allowing us overseas fans to sleep in on Saturday..

b) A decent App for Apple TV - yes the HDMI thing works but would be nice to have iFollow work the same as DAZN, NHL, MLS apps

Definitely improved last season with the additional cameras and replays...  anyone who saw the service in year 1 would be shocked at how it was presented back then...

Anyway - looking forward to another FUN season - I already have my Foam Bricks ready for throwing at the TV.... YAY  WAWAW!!!!

Presume the decision on UK fans will be made nearer to the time, video wise not just audio.

Bit more complicated if you have renewed a season ticket because no idea when (if) fans will be allowed in, even then it may be only 25% to 50% of season ticket holders

18 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

You're right—not sure why I had £110 in mind.

Was definitely £110 here. Got the email to prove it.

hope you have enjoyed the 2018/19 Season and your subscription to iFollow.

Did you know that over 2.3m hours of football were watched on iFollow this season?

This email is just to remind you that your Season Pass will automatically renew on 1st July 2019.

Details of your renewal are:

Service Summary

Service: Season Pass (Sheffield Wednesday)
Total Price: £110 (inclusive of VAT/sales tax)
Subscription Period*: 1 Year
"

In the 2018-2019 season they charged me 130 euros.

The next two are showing as pounds

Edited by agentwalker