The Jack Charlton kop

Guest Garryswfcowl72

On 12 July 2020 at 15:28, cbirks said:

And I've always thought it a bit tinpot that they have. 

14 posts before the word tinpot is mentioned on a thread like this. Must be some sort of record? 🙄

On 12/07/2020 at 15:58, Minton said:

6 years in charge, a great figure at the club. But surely there are some rose-tinted glasses being put on here? There have been players and coaches with far longer associations with the club. I mean, if it's just in terms of service, Pressman was the longest serving player in the modern era and you probably wouldn't want the Kevin Pressman Kop would you?

Although, thinking about it more, think of the quality and number of pies that would be available... 

I would.

I am biased though.

On 12/07/2020 at 14:14, The Wall said:

Bit before my time, so I'll leave it to others to comment on his role at the club. I will say though that I don't think I've ever heard a bad word said about Jack from a Wednesday fan, which is pretty unique

i remember going to blackpoo, me and my mates were walking towards the ground, when we heard singing, we looked (and was shocked) to see a decent sized body of wednesday fans walking down the middle of the road singing 'we love the wednesday, hate jack charlton'.

8 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Big Jack did wonders for us but 780 appearances for Leeds Utd, lets leave it at that ! 

couldn't agree more.

l**ds man through and through.

did a fantastic job for us, but i think a plaque might be better on't sarf by the players entrance.