So it’s not the fans fault then...

Guest Therealrealist

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

A player whose leg falls off running into the pitch?

what a completely bizarre statement

8 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Someone might have closed down and allowed them less time on the ball for their second goal at least.

Someone might have moved the post a little to the left so Harris could have scored. Their second goal was a well worked move on the break after we'd pushed up on attack. It was a slick, quick, decisive move that resulted in a goal.

If we'd have done the same down the other end we'd have been gushing at the brilliance of it all.

8 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Someone might have moved the post a little to the left so Harris could have scored. Their second goal was a well worked move on the break after we'd pushed up on attack. It was a slick, quick, decisive move that resulted in a goal.

If we'd have done the same down the other end we'd have been gushing at the brilliance of it all.

Thats the point though isnt it? We couldnt do the same down the other end because they didnt allow us to. They didnt allow us any time or space on on the ball in the final third, resulting in little threat on their goal .

Just now, Miffed said:

Thats the point though isnt it? We couldnt do the same down the other end because they didnt allow us to. They didnt allow us any time or space on on the ball in the final third, resulting in little threat on their goal .

We had plenty of chances. We just didn't convert them. They were more clinical in the final third.

6 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

He was touted as the ginger Ramos when we signed him. Turned out to be the ginger Urby

01EC13AE-C34E-4740-A26B-FFF89FA10BC8.jpeg

Season long loan coming back from ruptured angle ligament.

2019/20 season

One cup appearance where he did his hip flexor.

Zero league appearances.

Loanees are supposed to strengthen the team to help us over the line.

It seems he's the one that needs help over the line, usually on crutches. 

57 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

We are no different to any other fans..do you honestly think there is a ground anywhere in world football where the fans just clap and sing for 90 mins? Dont have a go at bad performances? Dont boo em off after a dismal 0-5 home loss?..il save you the hassle of answering..no there isnt

There was a couple of posts on here by a guy who had been to many Brentford matches.  He was stating the differences as the fans not living and breathing football (probably less of an escape) and giving the youngsters a chance to show what they could do on a regular basis.  Makes sense to me.

5 minutes ago, Hodgyowl said:

If some of our supporters aren't bipolar I'll stand in Burton's window with my Rodger out ffs

No they just have a rigid idea about what they think is right and what is wrong.

If you're not with me you must be against me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Just as I thought..it’s not the toxic fans and the pressure of playing in front of 20k...

"My name's the realrealist" and in the cause of extensive scientific research, backed up & supported by unarguable statistical evidence I have, after months of compiling data come up with an absolutely conclusive answer to the argument relating to whether the negativity aimed at certain players & the 'glass half empty' attitude at Hillsborough is in any way, either to blame or at least contributes to the team maybe not performing at their best".

"Excellent MR realrealist, this is just what we needed. Conclusive proof either way, to once & for all put this argument to bed. What were your findings"

"There is categorical proof that the negative influence of the fans has no effect whatsoever on the performance of the team".

"Well that's good news MR realrealist, I'm sure the latter day 'bear baiters' & 'Fox haters' are hugely relieved their 'non support' has zero effect on their intended targets. Just for scientific, statistical records. I assume your research was carried out across all levels of ability and current form amongst all the team's in the Championship and included a realistic sample of games. Because statistically, if the sample was taken only against teams currently better than us, then I'm sure you would agree, the sample would be worthless, as statistically we would be expected to lose regardless of fans' attitudes. So to reiterate, i assume it WAS an adequate sample to base assumptions on".

"Well sort of".

"Sort of Mr realrealist?  So what sample of games are we talking about that you are basing your finding's on.

"One"   

Edited by bigthinrob

23 hours ago, bazapeps said:

Really is nonsense about Hillsborough being toxic and intimidating for own players. Be honest it’s just silent, no boos, no nothing, just silence, same as it is now. Fans are so apathetic I doubt anyone can be arsed to boo at games

This is true

I can't even muster up a trump anymore

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.