So it’s not the fans fault then...

Guest Therealrealist

Guest Ronson
15 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

I wasn’t a member of Owlstalk..could only browse..wasn’t allowed to post 😄

I smell cordite.😀

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

“You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can’t control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone.” Marcus Aurelius

That was Bob Bolder not Marcus Aurelius

57 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Because they lost to the second placed team in the league?

LOL...

Lost 3-0 at home to a side who never broke a sweat. Add that to the other hammerings we've had at home and I'm starting to think it might not be the fans.

Keep clapping though.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Lost 3-0 at home to a side who never broke a sweat. Add that to the other hammerings we've had at home and I'm starting to think it might not be the fans.

Keep clapping though.

Fine, but one result out of two against a top team in the league isn’t enough to categorically state it’s the fan effect...

9 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Just as I thought..it’s not the toxic fans and the pressure of playing in front of 20k...

Your username reminds me of someone else who used to revel in us losing so they could make twattish posts...

• Like 3

Supporters stamping their feet and demanding better this or more of that achieves literally nothing other than a bit of willy waving at other fans who don't use tantrums as a way of expressing themselves. We don't even have a league table of rage for these people to measure themselves on. 

Guest Grandad
10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

“You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can’t control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone.” Marcus Aurelius

I'm gonna watch that film instead of the next iFollow game

10 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Just as I thought..it’s not the toxic fans and the pressure of playing in front of 20k...

Not sure you watched the match. 

We didn't take our chances. They did.

One mistake led to the goal before which we more than matched them. The game then obviously opened up giving both teams more chances as we chased the equaliser. We gave it a good go and matched a talented, well drilled team. I can't really ask for more than that. 

Hint - The match stats will give you a clue.

If you go into the match expecting the worst, you only see what you want to see.

Get a grip people, I've just watched the three best performances by the boys in 2020.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Not sure you watched the match. 

We didn't take our chances. They did.

One mistake led to the goal before which we more than matched them. The game then obviously opened up giving both teams more chances as we chased the equaliser. We gave it a good go and matched a talented, well drilled team. I can't really ask for more than that. 

Hint - The match stats will give you a clue.

If you go into the match expecting the worst, you only see what you want to see.

Get a grip people, I've just watched the three best performances by the boys in 2020.

Amen to all of that

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

11 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Nope it is the bloke picking the team and the tactics every game.

You can predict what is going to happen when you see the team. How many people saw that team last night and the first thought was, I bet we will concede a penalty, he tried at Bristol City and another ref could have given it and cost us 2 points then last night against a struggling West Brom we gift them a goal (their first in 5 games) and it changes the match and that is yet another 3 points that Odabajo has cost us.