So it’s not the fans fault then...

Guest Therealrealist

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Nope it is the bloke picking the team and the tactics every game.

You can predict what is going to happen when you see the team. How many people saw that team last night and the first thought was, I bet we will concede a penalty, he tried at Bristol City and another ref could have given it and cost us 2 points then last night against a struggling West Brom we gift them a goal (their first in 5 games) and it changes the match and that is yet another 3 points that Odabajo has cost us.

If Lees hadn't taken a knock in warmup Odabajo would have been on the bench.

It's a team performance by the way. What about stupid foul on the edge of our box that led to the pen?

How many games have we seen that cost us the game?

Some of you lads just need a whipping boy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Just as I thought..it’s not the toxic fans and the pressure of playing in front of 20k...

I think most people realise that any media conversations with players/staff are full of nonsense.  A combination  of cliches, back-patting and unqualified claims of future performances that are usually obliterated when the opposition rocks up.

For instance, the headline: "Massimo Luongo reveals the secret behind Sheffield Wednesday's success since the league restart".  Oh what secret?  Are we security cleared for such information, this could be really mind blowing, did the exorcism of Hillsborough by the local vicar get the go-ahead?.

Luongo exclusively revealed that;  'We worked hard over the restart. [..] just a tweak from probably what we weren't doing before '

Well there you go.

Now all our enemies know our secret.   We shouldn't give away such valuable information such as the tweaking.  We'd have won if WBA didn't know we'd been tweaking.

The same is the claim of playing in front of fans at Hillsborough.  Wednesday haven't won once in two performances at an empty Hillsborough, but have won once at an empty Ashton Gate.  It's not the fans to blame and never was, it's quality, and we simply don't have enough of it to win against the likes of Forest and the Baggies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, Paul.. said:

Your username reminds me of someone else who used to revel in us losing so they could make twattish posts...

Really? A wednesday fan who would 'revel' in us losing..sounds an odd character but il take your word for it 🙄

21 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Nope it is the bloke picking the team and the tactics every game.

You can predict what is going to happen when you see the team. How many people saw that team last night and the first thought was, I bet we will concede a penalty, he tried at Bristol City and another ref could have given it and cost us 2 points then last night against a struggling West Brom we gift them a goal (their first in 5 games) and it changes the match and that is yet another 3 points that Odabajo has cost us.

The squad is looking thinner than Barry Bannan’s hair and you’re blaming Monk for that. Who would you have picked last night instead?

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

The squad is looking thinner than Barry Bannan’s hair and you’re blaming Monk for that. Who would you have picked last night instead?

well I definitely wouldn't have gone with 3 centre halfs. Given we only had 1 fit

So 4 at the back

1 minute ago, Manwë said:

I think most people realise that any media conversations with players/staff are full of nonsense.  A combination  of cliches, back-patting and unqualified claims of future performances that are usually obliterated when the opposition rocks up.

For instance, the headline: "Massimo Luongo reveals the secret behind Sheffield Wednesday's success since the league restart".  Oh what secret?  Are we security cleared for such information, this could be really mind blowing, did the exorcism of Hillsborough by the local vicar get the go-ahead?.

Luongo exclusively revealed that;  'We worked hard over the restart. [..] just a tweak from probably what we weren't doing before '

Well there you go.

Now all our enemies know our secret.   We shouldn't give away such valuable information such as the tweaking.  We'd have won if WBA didn't know we'd been tweaking.

The same is the claim of playing in front of fans at Hillsborough.  Wednesday haven't won once in two performances at an empty Hillsborough, but have won once at an empty Ashton Gate.  It's not the fans to blame and never was, it's quality, and we simply don't have enough of it to win against the likes of Forest and the Baggies.

Which is why we will be cutting our cloth according to finances and aspirations for next season.

We will either be bringing quality in or consolidating what we have and gradually building over two or three seasons.

At the moment we don't have the funds to bring in the quality that WBA has. As a club we need to adjust and reset our expectations for the next 3 -5 years. 

The gamble of spend for promotion hasn't worked and we'll be lucky to survive in this league if the EFL hammer us. We need a solid foundation from which to build.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

well I definitely wouldn't have gone with 3 centre halfs. Given we only had 1 fit

So 4 at the back

You mean Odubajo, Iorfa, Palmer and Reach?

How would that have been any better?

Our problem since Christmas has been an exposed back 4 due to being overrun in midfield. This formation at least gives us a fighting chance to compete and dare I say dominate more in the midfield.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Really? A wednesday fan who would 'revel' in us losing..sounds an odd character but il take your word for it 🙄

There's a lot of those about on here...

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Our problem since Christmas has been an exposed back 4 due to being overrun in midfield. This formation at least gives us a fighting chance to compete and dare I say dominate more in the midfield.

Actually I wouldn't have terminated Bates loan

I didn’t expect any points against WBA given their position and quality. Regardless of which team was picked.

The last 3 games I’ve been presently surprised how well we’ve performed, given the absolute shambles we were prior to lock down.  Last night I thought we played well. The 3 nil loss does not tell the whole story. 

I’m not sure what people expect to be honest. I think expectations need to be rest, at this point it’s about limping to the end of the season. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

I think Doris the tea lady would have been better in a back three than Penalty boy.

I don't for one minute believe a great deal that comes out of Monks mouth and find a lot of these picks an injury up in training excuses, how many times has it been used for Hutch, Westwood, Fessi. Lees might genuinely be injured but we will only know when he is released and he tells us his side.

We had a few youngster who can play centre back give one of them a chance, it would be better to give then first team experience that a player that should not even be at the club.

3 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Someone might have closed down and allowed them less time on the ball for their second goal at least.

6 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I didn’t expect any points against WBA given their position and quality. Regardless of which team was picked.

The last 3 games I’ve been presently surprised how well we’ve performed, given the absolute shambles we were prior to lock down.  Last night I thought we played well. The 3 nil loss does not tell the whole story. 

I’m not sure what people expect to be honest. I think expectations need to be rest, at this point it’s about limping to the end of the season. 

We need to get a bigger buffer between us and the bottom 3 - I would be happy if come the end of the season it was 15 points no matter where we are in the league - then hope the EFL do deduct us any more.

Just now, Miffed said:

Its almost like theyre sat there waiting for us to lose so they can post their "Told you so" threads

100%. Especially with players they've formed a negative opinion on, they would prefer a player to fail so they can be proven right than them be a success at the club and move the club forward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

100%. Especially with players they've formed a negative opinion on, they would prefer a player to fail so they can be proven right than them be a success at the club and move the club forward.

Yeah but their internet persona means everything lol

• Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Blaming the fans is an excuse 

But Hillsborough is still toxic, and we still boo our own players 

We are no different to any other fans..do you honestly think there is a ground anywhere in world football where the fans just clap and sing for 90 mins? Dont have a go at bad performances? Dont boo em off after a dismal 0-5 home loss?..il save you the hassle of answering..no there isnt