The Road to Redemption - Garry Monk Edition

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's the spirit Jim!

How many people on here agree would agree with the following gif describing Monk’s time in charge here so far? Well Monk doesn’t? 🤣

E1FC7E49-6F2A-4ABF-A2FE-40C1D1FAD6AE.gif

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

Just want him gone. Even if he turns it around which is doubtful, he’ll never get any praise from me. When you’re as sensitive to criticism as he obviously is, you’re not going to succeed here?

How to sum yourself up in one sentence...it isn't all about you petal. The majority of supporters would be delighted if he turned it around and we got promoted. You keep preserving your internet persona...no one GAF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

Monk is taking us know where, if he gets a contract extension after  this season I believe he will have gone by Christmas. 

I've no confidence in him build a team, as he is totally out his depth here.

I've no confidence in someone who can't spell nowhere...didn't you say he'd be gone at the end of this season ?

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

How to sum yourself up in one sentence...it isn't all about you petal. The majority of supporters would be delighted if he turned it around and we got promoted. You keep preserving your internet persona...no one GAF

WIFM? If he succeeds and the majority of fans are happy, fair enough, I’m happy for them. I’m just saying he’ll never get any praise from me. That’s my view, I’m entitled to it as you are yours.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jim said:

I’m just saying he’ll never get any praise from me. 

What is happening in your life to make you like this?

Seriously

I couldn't ever imagine holding such a grudge (not even about Trevor Francis ruining our club)

Chill out mate - have a cuppa. Get over your anger at whatever is going wrong in your life. 

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Seriously

I couldn't ever imagine holding such a grudge (not even about Trevor Francis ruining our club)

Chill out mate - have a cuppa. Get over your anger at whatever is going wrong in your life. 

I hope to God he doesn't have any kids...Yikes!

• Haha 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Seriously

No worries boss. Believe it or not I’m not angry. Got a few things going on in my life as we all have. I’ve got a decent sense of humour, it helps me through. A lot of my posts aren’t serious but it doesn’t stop some from taking it that way, which I apologise in advance for. If someone said to me what I’ve said about Monk, it wouldn’t bother me. I wouldn’t pull them up on it. It’s an opinion, that’s all it is.  I might be proved right, I more than likely will be proved wrong and if he remains in the job long term, I hope I am proved wrong but when you’re as sensitive to criticism as the current manager seems to be then I very much doubt he will succeed here?

55 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

Monk is taking us know where, if he gets a contract extension after  this season I believe he will have gone by Christmas. 

I've no confidence in him build a team, as he is totally out his depth here.

How many more times?

According to The Star, Monk is on a one year rolling contract. Ergo, there is no extension required. Not this summer, not next, nor the one after that...

• Love 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

Not having that Jim 

You've just made that up

Where and when have you seen ANY evidence of this?

He’s blocked me on twitter for posting that paint falling over Jim gif that I said describes his time so far as swfc manager.

Here’s your evidence 

3DFDC522-0131-41C7-A484-32377A980EFF.png

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WTF

What in your mind makes it acceptable to harass people on Twitter like that?

Is it any different to some of the posts on here? I’ve not even tweeted it directly to him. He’s obviously come across it due to the swfc # If he’s so sensitive to something as flippant as that tweet as all I’m describing IMO is how well his time has gone at swfc and in all honesty it hasn’t gone well, has it? Let’s face it far worse is posted on twitter so you can perhaps understand more why some players got frozen out?

So now you know why I’ll never be a Monk fan. Sorry Boss.

Edited by Jim

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

And you're accusing him of being over sensitive?

:dry:

True but I’m not an experienced football manager where receiving criticism rightly or wrongly is part of the job. For context if I had described his time charge with this gif, would he still have blocked me? I think we all know the answer to that one? 

9C3CFBC7-EB9E-4EDB-B77B-8058B06D2723.gif