Barnsley refund options for ST holders

6 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

Yeah but that wasn’t our fault was it. 

Curious as to why? Must admit I can't remember the ins and outs of it. Was around the time of itv digital collapse if that's your reasoning? If it was a dodgy owner or something I can't remember. 

23 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Curious as to why? Must admit I can't remember the ins and outs of it. Was around the time of itv digital collapse if that's your reasoning? If it was a dodgy owner or something I can't remember. 

yeah it was the ITV Digital saga, we went into admin because we wasn’t going to get the 1.5M we was promised, not because we was cheating. 

Guest Ash76
22 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

How on earth can they do that ?. you’ve breached the rules, or you haven’t, if theirs evidence then you’re guilty, if their isn’t you’re innocent, BFC have no idea ether way, but they want to know this season, and if you’re found guilty they want you punished this season,  BFC can’t influence evidence. 

Why, when the offence didn't occur this season?

11 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Why, when the offence didn't occur this season?

Good point

6 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

Your still reaping the rewards of cheating if indeed you have this season aren’t you ?. 

As previously stated below, this season we have taken more steps than had been previously to address our spending by releasing big earners in the summer and selling a key striker for decent money.

Why should you be the potential beneficiaries if we are proved to have done wrong when the offence had potentially more of an impact against those in the Championship last season and the season before?

5 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If it proven that the rules have been broken in our case then this is based on the 3-years accounting period in relation for P&S for the season ending 2017-18. 

As such the whole system is floored in that surely those relegated last season would be aggrieved that any club found to have broken financial rules as of the end of the 2017-18 season, aren't punished for it until the 2019-20 or even possibly the 2020-21 season. 

In our case we have taken more action to address our finances this season with the sale of Joao and the release of some top earners last summer than we did the previous year so surely we gained more of an advantage last season?

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Good point

As previously stated below, this season we have taken more steps than had been previously to address our spending by releasing big earners in the summer and selling a key striker for decent money.

Why should you be the potential beneficiaries if we are proved to have done wrong when the offence had potentially more of an impact against those in the Championship last season and the season before?

That’s exactly my point if the EFL had been keeping a closer eye on things they could have sort this out long ago. And they should have. It needs addressing and sharpish. 

31 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

That’s exactly my point if the EFL had been keeping a closer eye on things they could have sort this out long ago. And they should have. It needs addressing and sharpish. 

But you, or anyone else in the division this season, haven't been the ones most directly affected by any alleged wrong doing so shouldn't be the ones to benefit from any charges?

7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But you, or anyone else in the division this season, haven't been the ones most directly affected by any alleged wrong doing so shouldn't be the ones to benefit from any charges?

Of course we are, your owners have allegedly put a significant amount money into the club that the club hasn’t generated, which the EFL deem worthy of investigation, the money they’ve allegedly put into the club will have been used to sign players and pay their wages, the players they used them funds on will still be contacted to your club and playing this season, so of cause we’re still directly affected, obviously I understand you significantly reduced your wage bill afterwards but you should have done that before you signed players. The money the owner has allegedly sneaked into the club has bought you the squad you’re using this season. 

Call my cynical, but if we're found to have broken FFP then we deserve the same punishment as AC Milan, Chelsea, Trabzonspor, Fenerbahce, Dinamo Zagreb, Astana, Manchester City, PSG, Zenit St Petersberg, Aston Villa, Trabzonspor, Rubin Kazan, Levski Sofia, Galatasaray, Bursapor, Anzhi Makhachkala, Liverpool, Warsaw, Donetsk, Wolves, Malaga, Hadjuk Split, Rapid Bucharest, Dinamo Bucharest, Bournemouth, Osijek, Arsenal Kyiv....

Which as far as I can see is a mix of:

a) completely ignore it

b) limit our squad to 22 players

c) a fine

d) skip a cup competition for a year

Maybe put these 4 options in a hat and get Graham Kelly and Sir Bert Millichip to preside over the ceremony.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

yeah it was the ITV Digital saga, we went into admin because we wasn’t going to get the 1.5M we was promised, not because we was cheating. 

Why didn’t more clubs go into administration then?

You were clearly spending money you hadn’t yet received and went into administration as a result.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Why didn’t more clubs go into administration then?

You were clearly spending money you hadn’t yet received and went into administration as a result.

We budgeted to spend money we expected to receive, like any business does, but the company we expected to pay us went bust. 

Edited by DlNGLE

25 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

We budgeted to spend money we expected to receive, like any business does, but the company we expected to pay us went bust. 

So you were spending money you hadn’t yet received.

I’d be interested to know how many other Championship clubs went in administration as a result of ITV digital going bust, was it just Barnsley?

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

So you were spending money you hadn’t yet received.

I’d be interested to know how many other Championship clubs went in administration as a result of ITV digital going bust, was it just Barnsley?

No once we stopped receiving the money we went into administration. We budgeted for what we were contracted to receive it’s totally different. 

9 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

Of course we are, your owners have allegedly put a significant amount money into the club that the club hasn’t generated, which the EFL deem worthy of investigation, the money they’ve allegedly put into the club will have been used to sign players and pay their wages, the players they used them funds on will still be contacted to your club and playing this season, so of cause we’re still directly affected, obviously I understand you significantly reduced your wage bill afterwards but you should have done that before you signed players. The money the owner has allegedly sneaked into the club has bought you the squad you’re using this season. 

But they alleged offence had a greater impact in the previous 2 seasons and will have impacted the clubs in the division last season more given that we have taken steps to address it more this season. Why should you benefit more than the clubs in the division last season?

Lets face it, even if they took points off us and Derby, you lot are still going down. 

On 29/05/2020 at 10:11, DlNGLE said:

Whats to appeal about, if you’re found guilty then that’s it, you’ll not be found guilty without overwhelming evidence because the EFL haven’t got any balls, unless they can prove for 100% you’ve intentionally breached the rules they’ll find your club innocent of any wrong doing. If you then appealed I would imagine an unsuccessful appeal would result in a increase in punishment, or it should do. 

Yes but if an additional delay means you are relegated then surely it is worth it? Only joking.

Do agree the process should be a lot quicker even allowing for appeals. Best option though is scrap all this ftp stuff, it's a business after all.

6 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

No once we stopped receiving the money we went into administration. We budgeted for what we were contracted to receive it’s totally different. 

Not really, bit like me spending before I have the money as I have a employment contract, that can end and guess what can't afford my bills amymore. 

I think any club that chooses admin should start at the lowest tier that might stop it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Not really, bit like me spending before I have the money as I have a employment contract, that can end and guess what can't afford my bills amymore. 

I think any club that chooses admin should start at the lowest tier that might stop it.

Barnsley didn’t even get a points deduction for going into administration.

4 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Barnsley didn’t even get a points deduction for going into administration.

How did they avoid that one. But seems they want us punished.Admin would seem to be worse that what we may or have not done.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

You do realise that’s the way the world works don’t you, most people have mortgages, car leases, loans, other credit agreements even mobile blowers, based on what they’re expected to receive each month, if they didn’t the world would grind to a stop. Like Barnsley FC at that time, most of us don’t go spending money we can’t afford to pay back each month, but if we lose our jobs/income we’re only a couple of months (at most) from losing everything, luckily if we lose our jobs it’s not too difficult to get another one for most people, but when ITV digital went under the only way out was to rack up debt hoping for another TV deal to come along, BFC. didn’t want to that and declared the situation, as soon as it arose. 

But come on, you’re not thick are you, you already knew his surely. 

19 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

You do realise that’s the way the world works don’t you, most people have mortgages, car leases, loans, other credit agreements even mobile blowers, based on what they’re expected to receive each month, if they didn’t the world would grind to a stop. Like Barnsley FC at that time, most of us don’t go spending money we can’t afford to pay back each month, but if we lose our jobs/income we’re only a couple of months (at most) from losing everything, luckily if we lose our jobs it’s not too difficult to get another one for most people, but when ITV digital went under the only way out was to rack up debt hoping for another TV deal to come along, BFC. didn’t want to that and declared the situation, as soon as it arose. 

But come on, you’re not thick are you, you already knew his surely. 

lady-doth-protest-too-much-gif-1.gif