Barnsley refund options for ST holders

Guest LittleG

Be interesting to see what Wednesday come up with; we may also be subjected to the same violin music. Hopefully we should hear soon

57 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Imagine being a season ticket holder on low income and waiting to get a refund for some cash flow and that article comes out.

I am and would still be claiming a refund and wouldnt feel guilty doing so ... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't read the Barnsley forums or anything so don't know what reaction there's been but I know that if I were them I'd tell their club to foooooook right off and claim a refund immediately purely on the principle of how much emotional blackmail was used in that Barnsley press release.

Just had a quick look

Screenshot (3).png

"you can have a refund but if you do just note that we might go out of business totally, and YOU will be responsible for your club no longer existing but you can have a refund if you want to do that"

Yeah it's a bit of a tough one isn't it.  Crying the poor tale to fans, who may themselves be out of work, whilst paying people more in a month than most of their fans will earn in a year.

I'm hugely emotionally attached to Wednesday but at the end of the day it's a business.  If it can't pay it's way why should we be forced to stand the bill. I'll support where I can, but don't blackmail me.

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, LittleG said:

Be interesting to see what Wednesday come up with; we may also be subjected to the same violin music. Hopefully we should hear soon

it shouldn't be a problem, remember Chansiri saying our ticket money contributes basically nothing.

44 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I am and would still be claiming a refund and wouldnt feel guilty doing so ... 

Totally agree and fans should not be subjected to guilt ridden messages from clubs. Barnsley should be ashamed of themselves. 

You wouldn’t pay to receive a product or service from anywhere else and not expect to get a refund or replacement.

Clubs seem to prey on the good nature of the supporters but in this instance should be using the current predicament to restore some much needed faith between club and supporter. 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Cant Barnsley ask they players to take a pay cut or deferral to help instead of using emotional blackmail on the supporters?

Agree - read what Simon Jordan and the Huddersfield Chairman have said on this. Putting the onus on supporters fully is wrong and it's like the Huddersfield Chairman said - players won't get paid a penny if a club goes bust. He reckons that circa 60 clubs are in immediate danger of going out of business.

I don't read the Barnsley forums or anything so don't know what reaction there's been but I know that if I were them I'd tell their club to foooooook right off and claim a refund immediately purely on the principle of how much emotional blackmail was used in that Barnsley press release.

I wouldn't take the refund to be fair, but have already decided no more season tickets for me.

Bought one for 20-21, but already agreed to sell it on, once we know when we are allowed to attend.

My 35 year run of home and away games without missing will end because of the decision to not let us in, so I thought now is the time to bow out.

6 minutes ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

I wouldn't take the refund to be fair, but have already decided no more season tickets for me.

Bought one for 20-21, but already agreed to sell it on, once we know when we are allowed to attend.

My 35 year run of home and away games without missing will end because of the decision to not let us in, so I thought now is the time to bow out.

Not let you in where mate?

Owlstalk Shop

I wonder what Barnsley's player wage bill is per month and have their players been on full wages since all this kicked off.

Asking Joe Public who might be paid £1,000 to £2,000 a month not to have a refund but still be paying players on more in a month than a fan might earn in a year stinks.

Just now, owl-zat said:

I wonder what Barnsley's player wage bill is per month and have their players been on full wages since all this kicked off.

Asking Joe Public who might be paid £1,000 to £2,000 a month not to have a refund but still be paying players on more in a month than a fan might earn in a year stinks.

That's why I cannot get my head around anyone saying they won't bother asking for a refund

I don't understand that logic or what they think that achieves

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad

This was summed up in the thread about our non xistent refunds

"Billionaires paying millionaires millions of £pounds asking normal fans earning on average a couple of grand a month not to ask for a refund so that the billionaires can carry on paying £millions of £s to the £millionaires"

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's why I cannot get my head around anyone saying they won't bother asking for a refund

I don't understand that logic or what they think that achieves

Think some fans see it as almost an act of disloyalty to ask for they money back.

I have no such qualms though.

I’d ask for a refund. It’s not my fault there’s been a global pandemic. If I’ve paid for something and it hasn’t been delivered, I expect my money back. 

We’ve all got our finances to sort, without sorting the football club’s that we support as well. 

Edited by dykwim

Unless there is a significant contribution from the players and am talking a pay cut not deferral I expect a full refund. For me with two season tickets it is £50 a game. Why should I subsidise multi millionaire players. People moan about what is wrong with football - ticket prices. greed. obscene wages and so on and even in times like these want to continue to support the rip off world of football where the fans by and large are treated like mugs. Football needs to change for the better and the fans attitude as shown by some of posts on here make this unlikely to happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Cant Barnsley ask they players to take a pay cut or deferral to help instead of using emotional blackmail on the supporters?

If all the players took a month furlough, that would have saved 400k would it not assuming 30+ pros?

Problem is we can't discount the 20 21 season as already sold several. Would have vouchers for the games I haven't been to this season if offered or donate them, already spent the money so donr miss it...next season is a different matter though as cant afford to let the club have over a grand in their bank would rather it was still in mine getting some interest.