Barnsley refund options for ST holders

https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/reds-give-fans-3-201920-options-and-will-offer-discounted-season-tickets?fbclid=IwAR3Nz5vliXt-znnEo8NfwnvXR7dJAW0vRHseFtw8e_Dqx1P5QDCmlsyLOEQ

Barnsley have explained their plans for backdating tickets for the 2019/20 campaign and committed to offering 2020/21 season tickets at a ‘heavily discounted rate.’

Season ticket holders can either claim a refund for the four remaining matches in the 2019/20 campaign, donate the tickets to NHS staff or exchange them for a four-game voucher.  The club described the refund option as ‘morally a necessity’ but warned that, if all season ticket holders took it, the Reds would lose £400,000. 

It is currently unknown when the next season will start or if fans will be allowed to attend. The statement added: “Due to this uncertainty and the need for urgent earnings to preserve the club’s immediate financial future, seasonal passes will shortly be made available for the 2020/21 season at heavily discounted rates.”

1 minute ago, modboy said:

https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/reds-give-fans-3-201920-options-and-will-offer-discounted-season-tickets?fbclid=IwAR3Nz5vliXt-znnEo8NfwnvXR7dJAW0vRHseFtw8e_Dqx1P5QDCmlsyLOEQ

Barnsley have explained their plans for backdating tickets for the 2019/20 campaign and committed to offering 2020/21 season tickets at a ‘heavily discounted rate.’

Season ticket holders can either claim a refund for the four remaining matches in the 2019/20 campaign, donate the tickets to NHS staff or exchange them for a four-game voucher.  The club described the refund option as ‘morally a necessity’ but warned that, if all season ticket holders took it, the Reds would lose £400,000. 

It is currently unknown when the next season will start or if fans will be allowed to attend. The statement added: “Due to this uncertainty and the need for urgent earnings to preserve the club’s immediate financial future, seasonal passes will shortly be made available for the 2020/21 season at heavily discounted rates.”

Wow 

How much emotional blackmail is being used there?

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Imagine being a season ticket holder on low income and waiting to get a refund for some cash flow and that article comes out.

I don't read the Barnsley forums or anything so don't know what reaction there's been but I know that if I were them I'd tell their club to foooooook right off and claim a refund immediately purely on the principle of how much emotional blackmail was used in that Barnsley press release.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't read the Barnsley forums or anything so don't know what reaction there's been but I know that if I were them I'd tell their club to foooooook right off and claim a refund immediately purely on the principle of how much emotional blackmail was used in that Barnsley press release.

To be fair though, the club hasn't said that has it? Just a newspaper who report on the club, that's my understanding of it.

Here’s Barnsley’s exact wording from their official website 

Also, inline with trying to do the right thing for our supporters, if other options are deemed unsuitable, we will attempt to offer pro-rata refunds for those entitled to four home 2019/20 fixtures.

Despite this move being detremental to the Club (if 9,000+ seasonal members opt for refunds, significant strains will be exerted on our cash-flow (approximately -£400,000)), it is morally a necessity.

Owlstalk Shop

I mean,  I imagine most fans will take it off the price for their next ticket. It's a troubling time for a lot of businesses (football clubs are businesses if you like it or not) so they are trying to protect themselves from going bust. Probably could have been a bit friendlier with the wording.

Next seasons season tickets situation is a tricky one

Like I’ve said before, I don’t really buy my season ticket to go to all the games, I usually miss between 5-10 per season for various reasons. I see it more a a small donation to the club pot

Be interesting to see what the club come up with