Barnsley refund options for ST holders

8 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

If there is a case to be answered it will be answered and any punishment should fit any potential guilty verdict.

I’m not sure Barnsley however are in any position to dictate to the EFL how long these things should take.

The EFL won’t be rushed just because Barnsley are sat at the bottom of the league, regardless of how many letters they write.

Barnsley FC are convinced that the investigation process and the consequential punishment if wrong doing is proven, is inadequate due to the length of time it’s taking, by the time they’ve  got their act together and upheld the rules they’ve put in place, and that we are following to a tee. We’ve already been punished, for following them rules, it’s always going to be a disadvantage to smaller clubs like ours. 

We just don’t generate enough cash to do anything but scrape by at this level, so it’s always going to be us that suffers, if clubs cheat the system, what good is it to BFC if the clubs who have gained an unfair advantage over us this season, are punished next season when we’ve already been relegated, we’ve paid the price for clubs being allowed to drag out the disciplinary process, but Rotherham & Coventry are the clubs that will benefit from the punishment they receive next season. 

Be honest it’s totally wrong isn’t it, Wensdeh fans are convinced that BFC are having a go at SWFC, but they’re not, what they’re doing is highlighting the fact that the ELF aren’t dealing with the situation quickly enough, if they deem a clubs finances need investigating, then BFC believe it should be done promptly, and they’re right and if it wasn’t SWFC being investigated you’d all agree. 

7 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

This has nothing to do with Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday................it has everything to do with ££££££'s v Football

It’s to do with the fact the rules and regulations regarding financial fair play are inadequate. and the upholding of said rules and regulations is an absolute joke. The EFL are fumbling about in the dark, and football clubs are paying the price for their incompetence, and the price they pay is an hell of a lot of money multiple millions of pounds. 

No matter financial regulations the EFL or FA puts into place the clubs will employ best accountants and lawyers to find loopholes.

The other clubs will employ the best lawyers and accountants to fight the clubs who think they have found a loophole.
Feels strange having sympathy with the football authorities but they cant win.

9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

No matter financial regulations the EFL or FA puts into place the clubs will employ best accountants and lawyers to find loopholes.

The other clubs will employ the best lawyers and accountants to fight the clubs who think they have found a loophole.
Feels strange having sympathy with the football authorities but they cant win.

Authorities in other countries don’t have this problem, in Spain if you take the wee wee your relegated, so clubs don’t look for loopholes they just operate within the rules set out. If clubs try to gain an unfair advantage by breaching the rules they’re relegated simple as that. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

Don't expect this to be over anytime soon, whoever loses will appeal the ruling

if we lose, they dock us points, and we appeal will we still be deducted the points straight away or does that happen after an appeal? 

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

if we lose, they dock us points, and we appeal will we still be deducted the points straight away or does that happen after an appeal? 

Whats to appeal about, if you’re found guilty then that’s it, you’ll not be found guilty without overwhelming evidence because the EFL haven’t got any balls, unless they can prove for 100% you’ve intentionally breached the rules they’ll find your club innocent of any wrong doing. If you then appealed I would imagine an unsuccessful appeal would result in a increase in punishment, or it should do. 

1 minute ago, DlNGLE said:

Whats to appeal about, if you’re found guilty then that’s it, you’ll not be found guilty without overwhelming evidence because the EFL haven’t got any balls, unless they can prove for 100% you’ve intentionally breached the rules they’ll find your club innocent of any wrong doing. If you then appealed I would imagine an unsuccessful appeal would result in a increase in punishment, or it should do. 

Birmingham where cleared by a panel not so long ago. The EFL then appealed that I believe? 

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Birmingham where cleared by a panel not so long ago. The EFL then appealed that I believe? 

Its a load of nackers isn’t it, basically the EFL have no power what so ever, you can see what they are wanting to do, but they have no chance of doing it because they’re too soft. 

Edited by DlNGLE

15 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

Last summer we set out a budget for the entire season based on the money we received from season ticket and players sales, to give back some of that money means we’ve spent more than we generated,  which is against EFL rules, which is cheating, our board aren’t going threatening legal action against the EFL for allowing clubs to exploit loopholes and in some cases blatantly cheat, if they’re doing the same, any shortfall this season will come out next seasons budget, and could be the difference between keeping one of our better players or having to let him go, the club are he’ll bent on running the club correctly and within the rules set out by the EFL, in return they expect the EFL to make sure all the other clubs are doing the same. 

See what you did there. 

B4B88378-4117-4C21-95C7-DE00E1951913.jpeg

3 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

Barnsley FC are convinced that the investigation process and the consequential punishment if wrong doing is proven, is inadequate due to the length of time it’s taking

Doesn’t matter what Barnsley think, to make a case against the club, for that case to then go to an arbitration hearing, to then go to a disciplinary hearing takes time.

Add to that the almighty mess that COVID19 has caused and the extra work this has provided for the EFL and I really don’t think they are going to try and speed up a process that is already in place just because the side at the bottom of the table are unhappy about it.

Barnsley may well try to take legal action against the league should we be found guilty but punished next season but I really can’t see it getting anywhere.

51 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

you cant rush these things …..i'm sure you want the right outcome like we do  be it guilty or not guilty and it will be decided that's for sure so just be patient...…..

14 hours ago, Grandad said:

Why don't you buy a shirt with your refund? 

Because financially it would be best for the club. 

They are sold for around £60 i doubt the club pay £10 for them which means the club will be better off with that kind of approach. 

4 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

Authorities in other countries don’t have this problem, in Spain if you take the wee wee your relegated, so clubs don’t look for loopholes they just operate within the rules set out. If clubs try to gain an unfair advantage by breaching the rules they’re relegated simple as that. 

Do the authorities in Spain allow clubs relegated from La Liga to have a £40M head start on the other teams in the division for 3 seasons? Do you not think financial regulations in La Liga are unfairly biased in other ways?

17 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

If a club is being investigated about a possible breach of the rules, our board believe the EFL should resolve the matter quickly, one way or the other, Barnsley FC have absolutely no idea if clubs have broken the rules, but if a club is being investigated they believe the investigations should be done quickly and if any punishment is needed it should be done immediately. 

Got be be honest I agree with them. 

If it proven that the rules have been broken in our case then this is based on the 3-years accounting period in relation for P&S for the season ending 2017-18. 

As such the whole system is floored in that surely those relegated last season would be aggrieved that any club found to have broken financial rules as of the end of the 2017-18 season, aren't punished for it until the 2019-20 or even possibly the 2020-21 season. 

In our case we have taken more action to address our finances this season with the sale of Joao and the release of some top earners last summer than we did the previous year so surely we gained more of an advantage last season?

19 hours ago, DlNGLE said:

How on earth can they do that ?. you’ve breached the rules, or you haven’t, if theirs evidence then you’re guilty, if their isn’t you’re innocent, BFC have no idea ether way, but they want to know this season, and if you’re found guilty they want you punished this season  BFC can’t influence evidence. 

OK. If the case is held next week, Wednesday are found guilty and fined £10m and docked 6 points, you would be satisfied?

Yea, right!lol

1 hour ago, oldtawnyowl said:

OK. If the case is held next week, Wednesday are found guilty and fined £10m and docked 6 points, you would be satisfied?

Yea, right!lol

to be honest I couldn’t care less, I think all clubs should be able to spend what they want, and rack up as much debt as they possibly can, as long as BFC keeps working within their means. Because it’ll catch up them them in the end like it did with Leeds Pompey, Bolton, And others. 

10 minutes ago, DlNGLE said:

to be honest I couldn’t care less, I think all clubs should be able to spend what they want, and rack up as much debt as they possibly can, as long as BFC keeps working within their means. Because it’ll catch up them them in the end like it did with Leeds Pompey, Bolton, And others. And Barnsley in 2002

Fixed it for you

• Haha 1