WEDNESDAY programmes

Guest Garryswfcowl72

Guest Garryswfcowl72

With games getting played behind closed doors for the foreseeable future do you think the club & other clubs will still produce a matchday programme to buy ?

Not sure about that but I've got about 1200 Wednesday home and away programmes going back to 1950s if you want to buy any. Seriously though is there anyone that you know that buys old programmes? Got a Chelsea v Owls one from 1953 and a Brentford v Owls from 1951 (bit tatty this one though)

I don't think they will print any programmes because it'll just be an added expense that they probably don't want right now. Often wondered though how many matchday programmes never get sold, anybody got any ideas. 

1 minute ago, alan48 said:

Ask Richard at the programme shop on leppings lane re programme sales .- he's always helpful .

Cheers Alan48. I sorted them all out into seasons. Saw an online site somewhere that said average price for 1960s home programmes was around £2 to £3 each.

It would be useful to know how much the club actually makes from this. We won’t know exact figures but there will be a significant expenditure on the printing and distribution side and I think the number of people buying them has probably dropped significantly in the last 20 years or so. 

Aside from the programs themselves, I think we have been slow to adapt to the world of social media and getting up to speed in terms of digital interactions be it ‘decent’ podcasts etc. I know that several clubs, albeit at a higher level, have their own tv channels/radio stations etc. Probably too ambitious for a club our size and I think we need to make the most of what we can do. I’ve suggested in other threads that instead of individual efforts such as random ad hoc podcasts etc, there should be something on a bigger scale internally. I think this is where things will head over the next 5/10 years.