Sam Hutchinson on 5 Live

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Aye maybe you're right

We're going through a transition phase currently though, with players ending their contracts with us and not giving a flying foooook anymore.

Look at how many players are coming to their contract end. Virtually a full first team. Crazy.

We've got obvious issues within the camp that Monk is trying to manage

And Chansiri is 100% bought into what Monk is trying to do

Why is he continuing to play players who don't give a throw? 

Failing to manage.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

My guess is he's playing players who give him the commitment.

But he has hardly changed the match day squad since November - if so many don't give a throw as you suggest why are they still involved. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

But he has hardly changed the match day squad since November - if so many don't give a throw as you suggest why are they still involved. 

No you're right mate

We should let players do what they like whenever they like and have free reign
We should put Hutchinson and Westwood back in

We should understand that every single player at SWFC coming to the end of their contract has given 100% effort to try and win another one

etc etc

Let's do it your way mate

I'm sure that'll work out really well....

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No you're right mate

We should understand that every single player at SWFC coming to the end of their contract has given 100% effort to try and win another one

etc etc

lol

Not said that at all but again, if it makes you feel better I'm happy for you. Not much point trying to have a sensible debate with you if you ignore what I have posted and write what you think I am saying to suit your own point. 

His way has resulted in this:

Results improving- No

Performances improving - No

Any signs of effective ways to improve the drop in results and performances - No

Loan signings made in January having a positive impact on the results and performances - No

Least goals at home in the division

2 goals at home in 16 first halves

2nd worst record in the division since Christmas - only bettered by Hull who sold their 2 best players in January and beat us at Hillsborough in January. 

Conceding goals for fun including losing the last 2 league games before half-time

Tactical nous that all too often results in half time substitutions

Playing the most creative attacking player in the team as a wing-back when nobody has ever considered playing him in any sort of role with defensive responsibility.

But yeah, it all boils down to the fact people don't like him because he dropped Hutchinson and Westwood........ 

We need discipline at the club, we need a structure, we need the right management team in the right jobs, we need the right players who are physically able to deliver on the pitch, we need a plan and style of football to be agreed before we recruit the 10 players we need for the new season.

I don't want to re-sign any of the out-of-contract players unless the management sees them as instrumental to the team and style he wants to play. I don't want excuses and more of the same. It's boring watching them floundering around, struggling to keep up with Luton and Reading. Watching Blackburn completely take us apart at Hillsborough still haunts me, and demonstrated that something seriously is wrong in the club and playing staff.

The Hutch and Westwood thing is just a sideshow. Westwood is now going to sit out his contract watching Cheadle Town every week. It summarises our failings and inability to get a grip of the situation and of course costs us points and money.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No you're right mate

etc etc

lol

If he put Westwood and Hutchinson back in, 2 proven championship players, performances would improve overnight. They would improve because right now they’re totally hapless.

If we carry on as we are nothing will change and we’ll carry on losing games. It’s ridiculous to blame the excluded players for the results when they aren’t the ones turning in absolutely garbage performances on a Saturday afternoon.

If you’re saying that as an example, Westwood being at the club still even if he’s not involved is detrimental to the performances of Dawson then to be quite frank, Dawson doesn’t have what it takes to make it here. He should be grasping this opportunity with both hands as he’s basically the unopposed number 1 at a massive club. The fact that he hasn’t taken the opportunity and continues to put in poor performances suggests he just doesn’t have it in him.

Time to either bring in a manager who can fairly assess whether Westwood still has it, which is up for debate. Or failing that it’s time to move them all on and bring in a new keeper who does perform 

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My guess is he's playing players who give him the commitment.

Thats working well then...bloody hell.

Maybe he ought to take a back seat in the popularity bus and play the players who are giving US the comittment by not getting trounced at home by such as Blackburn and Reading

On 22/05/2020 at 12:27, sMacLean said:

Depression is a tough battle so definitely give him plaudits for fighting back against it and getting his career resumed.

Having said that in footballing terms he has looked a yard off against most midfields the last couple of years and think that accounts for so many of his bookings for late challenges. The aggression and bite just covers for it.

Championship level is too high for a combative midfielder who can't naturally train daily.

Still think he'd have been better abandoning midfield and being a CB. Far less strain and easier to manage as Ledley King found. Can see him being a great CB in League One for a few years.

Would be good in the Championship at CB - never put a foot wrong for us while playing there.

Hutchinson isn't a midfielder and never has been. He's a centre back but not really tall enough for that roll. He thinks and reacts like a centre back. He passes like a centre back and he wants to clear danger way more than he wants to create positions. Great fella and I wish he'd played alongside Loovens instead of Lees. Hector was similar to Hutch in the way he played except Hector was more in control and better in the air (taller).

• Like 2