Hayden White still falling

1 hour ago, Etchesketch said:

McArdle has a really good career to be fair.  Northern Ireland International.  Rochdale, Bradford, Scunthorpe, Aberdeen. 33 and still going strong.

To clarify, by ‘step up to the mark’ I meant playing for us regularly not the likes of Scunthorpe and Rochdale

• Haha 1

Agree with Malek that it's likely he left thinking he probably wouldn't get game time.

Looking at our list of youth players that made it to the first team is depressing. Is that all we've managed? At least Palmer broke in and stayed in the team.

Only one that looked quality was Beevers in my opinion. Didn't Everton bid £2million for him? Could have been a good move for him. He had to play with Woody, who was never convincing for me.

On 19/05/2020 at 13:50, malek said:

Quinn, Bromby, Geary, Palmer all did resonably well in their careers.

wow that's the best we can do in 25 years says all whats wrong with swfc over the years . why hasn't this been addressed ive no idea. after Carlos's stint I don't think many premier league clubs trust us either with there young talents. 

On 19/05/2020 at 11:24, Bluesteel said:

We have promoted a fair few over the years, most however haven’t gone on to do anything better.

Beevers

Wood

McCallister

McMahon

Crane

Hamshaw (injury dictating)

Haslam

Clare

Stobbs

O’Donnell

Shaw

McCardle 

None really good enough for the level we were at or better than what we already had. Maybe at a push Wood but that’s only League One. There were high expectations for Beevers but it never really materialised.