Jump to content
edwinowl

Hayden White still falling

Recommended Posts

Released by Mansfield today.  
Lad binned us off for Bolton way back.  
Still a young man really and to be fair I saw him a few times for the stags and he was decent. 
Uncertain future for many footballers ahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another player like Clare who thought he was better than he was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Another player like Clare who thought he was better than us 


Fixed it for you 

 

garymegson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least that’s one fewer Stags Legend to face in our summer pre-seasons match.😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With our record of promoting youth to the first team who can honestly blame him ? He was first choice RB for couple of years and they hardly released him becouse they think he is a poor player.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Another player like Clare who thought he was better than he was. 

 

don't you mean #flair? 

 

:duntmatter:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobness said:

 

don't you mean #flair? 

 

:duntmatter:

You mean #ScottishChampionshipFlair

garymegson

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, malek said:

With our record of promoting youth to the first team who can honestly blame him ? He was first choice RB for couple of years and they hardly released him becouse they think he is a poor player.


We have promoted a fair few over the years, most however haven’t gone on to do anything better.

 

Beevers

Wood

McCallister

McMahon

Crane

Hamshaw (injury dictating)

Haslam

Clare

Stobbs

O’Donnell

Shaw

McCardle 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:


We have promoted a fair few over the years, most however haven’t gone on to do anything better.

 

Beevers

Wood

McCallister

McMahon

Crane

Hamshaw (injury dictating)

Haslam

Clare

Stobbs

O’Donnell

Shaw

McCardle 

 


Only Beevers and Wood really stepped up to the mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:


Only Beevers and Wood really stepped up to the mark.

Rory McArdle has had an ok career over 400 appearance at league 1 and 2 and Scottish Premiership level and played for his country a few times.

 

Most fans in the stands would be happy with that if they were offered the chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quinn, Bromby, Geary, Palmer all did resonably well in their careers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t get why we are so precious about things like this. At the time the lad thought it was the best move for him. Hasn’t worked out. Chances are it wouldn’t have worked out if he stayed here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:


Only Beevers and Wood really stepped up to the mark.


Neither had the careers we hoped they would though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, malek said:

Quinn, Bromby, Geary, Palmer all did resonably well in their careers.


Yeah they did ok. So we have a decent track record of bringing them through don’t we. Just most of them aren’t good enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bluesteel said:


We have promoted a fair few over the years, most however haven’t gone on to do anything better.

 

Beevers

Wood

McCallister

McMahon

Crane

Hamshaw (injury dictating)

Haslam

Clare

Stobbs

O’Donnell

Shaw

McCardle 

 

 

 

Looking at that list is pretty depressing when you consider it's 20+years

I reckon this is a list of everyone we've produced who's played at least 20 league games for us since 1999.

 

Dawson

Wildsmith

Palmer

Beevers

Spurr

McCallister

Talbot

Wood

Bromby

Crane

Hamshaw 

Haslam

 

Is that it? Have I missed some? 

Just enough for a full team. I know we didn't have a pot to wee wee in for a long time, but still very poor.

Edited by fingyfop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, malek said:

With our record of promoting youth to the first team who can honestly blame him ? He was first choice RB for couple of years and they hardly released him becouse they think he is a poor player.

You make it sound like we have all these fantastic young prospects who are continually ignored by club management.

 

You know, like we have the class of 92 knocking about, but would rather pay Adthe.

 

As rightfully pointed out, we've promoted a number of young players from the first team to the senior side. Some have had decent careers, others failed to make the grade.

 

It isn't like Football Manager where you get one or two superstars coming through each season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sefton owl said:


Only Beevers and Wood really stepped up to the mark.

McArdle has a really good career to be fair.  Northern Ireland International.  Rochdale, Bradford, Scunthorpe, Aberdeen. 33 and still going strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SiJ said:

You make it sound like we have all these fantastic young prospects who are continually ignored by club management.

 

You know, like we have the class of 92 knocking about, but would rather pay Adthe.

 

As rightfully pointed out, we've promoted a number of young players from the first team to the senior side. Some have had decent careers, others failed to make the grade.

 

It isn't like Football Manager where you get one or two superstars coming through each season. 

 

And how did you figure that out ? Fact is that we are not producing talent and that for years we are one of clubs that are least likely to play under 23 players that came through our academy/development sides. This year we were bottom of the pile.

 

Most young players given choice would rather sign for club that got reputation for playing and developing young players and we have non.  

 

Btw. Thinking that players who failed here were never good enough because they failed to make careers in the game after leaving is so wrong. Seen it plenty of times.

 

Then again I'm from different country where football and youth development is seen different, so I fully understand how my views are largely non appreciated on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, fingyfop said:

 

Looking at that list is pretty depressing when you consider it's 20+years

I reckon this is a list of everyone we've produced who's played at least 20 league games for us since 1999.

 

Dawson

Wildsmith

Palmer

Beevers

Spurr

McCallister

Talbot

Wood

Bromby

Crane

Hamshaw 

Haslam

 

Is that it? Have I missed some? 

Just enough for a full team. I know we didn't have a pot to wee wee in for a long time, but still very poor.

Geary made his debut in 2000 but Geary, Quinn came from Irish Junior football when they were 17/18 and Bromby didn't joint until 18 from Liversedge so you could argue that the list is even worse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...