Any help for an Owl in need?

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section but I've never submitted to OwlsTalk before so I'm still learning.

I am a 3rd year Urban Studies and Planning student at the University of Sheffield and long time Sheffield Wednesday fan, and I'm currently writing my dissertation on the relationship between urban space and football hooliganism. Before the outbreak of COVID-19, I intended to collect data by interviewing fans on matchdays but I can no longer do this.

Instead, I have decided to post the interview questions on here and i would be extremely grateful if some of you would fill it out - it's not very long at all so it should only take a few minutes. I will also attach an information sheet which you should look over before filling out the interview sheet.

Because OwlsTalk doesn't let you post certain document types, I've had to change the file format so you won't be able to type directly onto the document, so i would be very grateful if you could type your answers onto a separate document and send that to me.

Finally, I would appreciate it if you could provide some form of written consent on your answer sheet (you don't have to disclose any personal information), and send the completed answer sheet to me at ehollingworth1@sheffield.ac.uk .

Thanks in advance, I hope everyone's healthy and last but not least, WAWAW. 

Information Sheet.PNG

General Interview.PNG

Some of the questions brought to mind a typical afternoon on Owlstalk, circa 4.50pm.

As for the one about knowing anyone who's taken part in football violence, what was the name of that poster offering people out via the medium of Owlstalk towards the end of Carlos's time here?

45 minutes ago, EJHSW1867 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section but I've never submitted to OwlsTalk before so I'm still learning. I am a 3rd year Urban Studies and Planning student at the University of Sheffield and long time Sheffield Wednesday fan, and I'm currently writing my dissertation on the relationship between urban space and football hooliganism. Before the outbreak of COVID-19, I intended to collect data by interviewing fans on matchdays but I can no longer do this. Instead, I have decided to post the interview questions on here and i would be extremely grateful if some of you would fill it out - it's not very long at all so it should only take a few minutes. I will also attach an information sheet which you should look over before filling out the interview sheet. Because OwlsTalk doesn't let you post certain document types, I've had to change the file format so you won't be able to type directly onto the document, so i would be very grateful if you could type your answers onto a separate document and send that to me. Finally, I would appreciate it if you could provide some form of written consent on your answer sheet (you don't have to disclose any personal information), and send the completed answer sheet to me at ehollingworth1@sheffield.ac.uk . Thanks in advance, I hope everyone's healthy and last but not least, WAWAW. 

Information Sheet.PNG

General Interview.PNG

Hi and welcome to Owlstalk and thanks for joining the site mate.

How do you want people to fill in this form?

Is there a link to an electronic survey?

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Some of the questions brought to mind a typical afternoon on Owlstalk, circa 4.50pm.

As for the one about knowing anyone who's taken part in football violence, what was the name of that poster offering people out via the medium of Owlstalk towards the end of Carlos's time here?

Daveyboy is prone to offering people a scrap, usually invites people down to the New Barrack Tavern for a fight.

Pretty sure it's just that he's on commission from the pub to try and get more customers down there

lol

Also a user called Bellsview once had the most almighty breakdown on here getting all angrymad before self combusting. That was wayyyyy before Carlos' time though and around the time of either a chairman or manager being under pressure and he just couldn't deal with it.

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hi and welcome to Owlstalk and thanks for joining the site mate.

How do you want people to fill in this form?

Is there a link to an electronic survey?

hi! It would be great if people could just type their answers up on a word document or something similar and then send it to me at ehollingworth1@sheffield.ac.uk

41 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Big guns?!lol

• Haha 2

This most definitely needs moving to an online form mate

Nobody is going to be writing out the answers, scanning it into their computers and then emailing it to you - people are lazy and won't do that

Instead try Survey Monkey and setting up your questions online where you'll have way more success - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/

Owlstalk Shop