Da Cruz

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

Worth a go, but first impressions are not great from where I’m standing.  I take your point about Ronaldo, but he was 18 at the time and playing in the Premier League.

Don’t get me wrong. He shouldn’t be in any imminent starting Xl, but I would definitely not write him off.

On 28/02/2020 at 00:28, Holmowl said:

Early days mate.

I remember watching this Portuguese lad Man U signed. Did these new fangled step over things and little end product and I thought “Who is this feckin Ronaldo tossspott?” 

The lads got desire to the point of anger. Worth a go.

Go on then give us a clue, 

Who was it?

• Haha 1

Decent athlete, but needs a lot of work on the training ground. Makes strange runs, isn’t seeing the game around him like a first team ready player should do. 

Someone mentioned Di piedi earlier in the thread, that’s a decent comparison. Will work and run , and occasionally produce a piece of maverick brilliance but quite lacking on some of the core stuff.

I won’t criticise the kid though, he has come over here in awful weather and got his head down and worked at it. 

On 27/02/2020 at 20:08, Pale Rider said:

Away from us at the end of the season

I doubt it. I think we will sign him.

He will be cheap and his wages will be modest. He's not had time to adjust to the English game yet. Give him time and I think he will blossom. Definitely got talent, he just needs to direct it properly.

As fans we are too impatient with new players, if they don't hit the ground running we write them off.

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Decent athlete, but needs a lot of work on the training ground. Makes strange runs, isn’t seeing the game around him like a first team ready player should do. 

Someone mentioned Di piedi earlier in the thread, that’s a decent comparison. Will work and run , and occasionally produce a piece of maverick brilliance but quite lacking on some of the core stuff.

I won’t criticise the kid though, he has come over here in awful weather and got his head down and worked at it. 

Yep, Di Piedi was my thought when we went steaming off down the middle 10 yards offside screaming for the ball lol