Penney scores in Hamburg Derby

My opinion is I’d give Penney a chance to make the left back slot his own next year. Would have done it this year ! Look at how Fox has improved this time last year most people were unanimous that he needed to go now he’s getting a new contract. Not saying Penney will be a world beater but you never know unless he’s given a go. From what I’ve seen he has the attributes to be a good championship left back, he stops the cross has good work ethic has a good ball in him and a nice left foot. With a good manager working with him he could develop. 

Van Aken should be the same as all players reporting back in pre season. It’s a fresh slate his early games he looked promising then seemed to lose his way. His loan has proved to be a good one. Lots of game time that he would not have got at Hillsborough. Hope he comes back and makes a case to be involved. 

18 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Sounds like he’s enjoying himself and it’s great to see. Assuming he’s playing well over there, be interesting to see what happens in the summer just because I’d be surprised if he can replace fox or palmer. 

That said, odubajo has been nothing short of a disaster since he’s been here. 

This is the perception Odubajo seems to have with a lot of our fan base, based largely on an iffy start and a disaster at Preston when he gave away two penalties.

As shaky as he has looked at times his record this season is played 17, won 9, drawn 4 lost 4. He featured in our last clean sheet and our last win. We'd be a lot better off if the majority of our players mirrored that kind of record. 

On 25/02/2020 at 09:54, Dutch McLovin said:

My opinion is I’d give Penney a chance to make the left back slot his own next year. Would have done it this year ! Look at how Fox has improved this time last year most people were unanimous that he needed to go now he’s getting a new contract. Not saying Penney will be a world beater but you never know unless he’s given a go. From what I’ve seen he has the attributes to be a good championship left back, he stops the cross has good work ethic has a good ball in him and a nice left foot. With a good manager working with him he could develop. 

I'd play Penny left wing in front of Fox. Could end up being the next King and Worthington partnership.

34 minutes ago, 360wiseowl said:

Penney has played in front of 29000 fans each week. He's a talent beyond doubt and his Hamburg goal has earned him well deserved interest from many other championship clubs. Bearing in mind swfc may well not be in the championship next season, why would he want to come back to S6?

Only reason I can see it that he is a Wednesday fan !

1 hour ago, 360wiseowl said:

Penney has played in front of 29000 fans each week. He's a talent beyond doubt and his Hamburg goal has earned him well deserved interest from many other championship clubs. Bearing in mind swfc may well not be in the championship next season, why would he want to come back to S6?

Isnt he still under contract with us next season. That may be why he comes back.

1 hour ago, 360wiseowl said:

Contracts up in summer

The club seems so relaxed about it and there seems to be so little talk of him moving on.  Suggests to me that we have the option to extend the deal by a year.  Only speculation, nowhere near ITK.