Early bird season ticket

5 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

How many more times ……… almost 23k pay no where near that!

You just carry on with your click bait so you can attract more likes from your band of complete balloons!

How do you know almost 23k people have purchased a multi year ST?

For those that pay for 1 year are paying £24 a game on the North. 

Anyone who condones the early renewal deadline is a part of the problem.

I don't mean those who have renewed. You may have renewed but still think it's taking the p*ss.

And it is.

Does anyone know of any other club, (this season), with an early deadline date such as this?

I genuinely want to know to compare.

Our club has changed beyond all recognition financially, from the very moment that DC came in. It quickly went from being one of the cheapest clubs in the Championship to follow, to being one of the most expensive when DC put up all the season ticket prices, BEFORE he actually improved the team. He made a total mess of the process by getting rid of a perfectly able manager/head coach far later than he should have, if this is what he wanted to do and took all summer to bring in a new one.

By then a lot of us had already bought our season tickets and had no idea what kind of team we were going to see. Luckily for us Carlos took the collection of players that DC and his "advisers" had bought and got them playing a style of football that took the division by surprise and got us to a play off final. The season after was much more of a struggle with a lot of the players unable to reach the same levels of performance and a lot of fans getting on Carlos's back, including a large contingent on Owlstalk, twitter and other social/anti-social media sites. Very little of the vocal critics laid any blame at DC's door who was just seen by  them as somebody who splurged a load of cash on the club and was therefore OK! These poor uninformed people have obviously bought heavily into the idiotic culture of spending today and paying tomorrow and happily overlook the fact that the fans have paid millions more money into the club too and some of these "uninformed" people even defend DC on the grounds that he has wasted even more of his own money than he has of ours!

DC wasting the club's finances then really took off the next season, with a manager that nobody liked who was given no money to spend despite DC's big drives to get people buying their season tickets early, without letting any of us know that we were unable to buy any players that summer due to his ridiculous overspending on under performing old players and their even more ridiculous wages. This poor guy knew nothing of our financial plight and was not just a head coach anymore, but was made a manager and given responsibility for bringing new players in, but without any money! What a ridiculously idiotic decision by DC that was to to and save his skin!

Hang on though, the man with more money than sense, then decides to buy the ground and get more money into the club to balance the books (a bit (temporarily)). Masterstroke! we all shout, the fool has found the way out at last! But again, he delays in acting for so long, that the accounts are handed over very, very late, despite having an extension, which we miss, risking further trouble from the EFL. The trouble comes immediately after the EFL get to finally glance through our accounts and here we are again.

His club, with supporters that have forked out premiership priced tickets for four seasons now, are still waiting to see the owner chairman do what he promised to do in three years, with us now looking less likely to do it than we were before he arrived, with huge losses, huge unsustainable wage bills, that are way above our yearly income, with ageing players piled up in the sick bay still, unable to buy younger fitter players in the transfer window again and with solicitors trying desperately to hold the EFL back from giving us what other clubs believe is a well deserved point deduction, by taking them to court with charges of acting unlawfully! If this point deduction does come before the end of the season, DC could possibly argue that he has got us out of the Championship, but unfortunately for him, we know enough about football to know that we will have dropped out of the wrong end!

You do not have to have an ounce of cynicism in you to wonder, when talking to work colleagues, neighbours etc who are Unitedites, how we are expected to pay more money for our season tickets than they do. Especially when (please forgive me, I hate saying this, but every word of it is undeniably true), across the city, Unitedites can pay less for their season tickets to watch a club challenging for a top six place in the best league in the world, after rising from the third tier of football, spending very little money in the process of then going straight to the top of the championship and getting promoted again, automatically without even worrying the EFL slightly, without asking the fans to pay more money into the club for tickets, or merchandise, without messing around with the clubs shirts (or even threatening to remove the stripes they are famous for), without paying the players ridiculous wages, without advertising companies that do not exist etc etc. I hate what DC has done to our club, but I hate even more what DC has not done to our club. He has absolutely no idea what he is doing business wise, legally, or football wise how the hell can the EFL ever have approved of him being a fit and proper person to own our club? 

If anybody should be taking the EFL to court over gross misconduct, gross negligence or whatever else they are so obviously guilty of, it should be the fans of Sheffield Wednesday! Yet the d!ckhead EFL top brass think that on top of all the other cr@p we have to put up with here, we deserve to be put down a division and start all over again!

For my sins though I am a Wednesdayite and I have followed us through one monumental failure to the next, so of course I will be shelling out my hard earned cash for another three season tickets and that is exactly why spoiled brat rich idiots like Chansiri come to England and buy their status symbol football clubs. Because thes people know that they can afford it and that idiots like us will support them.

lol:Chansiri::tango:

UTO!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RichieB said:

How do you know almost 23k people have purchased a multi year ST?

For those that pay for 1 year are paying £24 a game on the North. 

There are many different categories available, one year adult at £24 being the most expensive so it's far from just multi year ST's!!!!!!

It's his & his fellow balloons assertions that £37 is the price people have to pay to access home games ! 

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

You just carry on with your click bait so you can attract more likes from your band of complete balloons!

As many times as you bleeding want until you get your head out of Chansiri’s rectal passage.

The bands I’m in there are no other Wednesday fans in them. The perils of not living in Sheffield.?

£36 is POTG price for the North Stand however many times you want to

spin it.  Click bait! Edgy. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

There are many different categories available, one year adult at £24 being the most expensive so it's far from just multi year ST's!!!!!!

It's his & his fellow balloons assertions that £37 is the price people have to pay to access home games ! 

I don’t think I’ve ever used the figure £37. It’s £36 for the Reading game I think.

:duntmatter:

Unless you’ve already got a ST. STs don’t work for a lot of people. They don’t really work for me because of the games I have to miss - it’s certainly not £17 a game - but if I didn’t have one I wouldn’t be able to sit with my mates and given POTG prices I would have fizzed it off altogether. 

2 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Click bait! Any more cliches to trot out? You’ll be calling me a woke, virtue signalling snowflake next. 

29 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I don’t think I’ve ever used the figure £37. It’s £36 for the Reading game I think.

:duntmatter:

Unless you’ve already got a ST. STs don’t work for a lot of people. They don’t really work for me because of the games I have to miss - it’s certainly not £17 a game - but if I didn’t have one I wouldn’t be able to sit with my mates and given POTG prices I would have fizzed it off altogether. 

Youi have mates?

13 hours ago, Manchester_Owl said:

I sit on the South. Yes that's my choice, but I sit there for various reasons.

£640 by next week Monday is unreasonable.

I would not be paying £640 for league one football in any circumstances.

The club know this.

Has the deadline been brought so far forward because of the EFL situation, (which isn't the fans causing), could affect season ticket sales?

Answer - Possibly.

If so, that's not right.

Last day of March is a fairer early bird deadline.

Maybe, maybe not.

When do the accounts need to be posted? Maybe he's trying to get as much in the accounts before they are posted.

Plus, I imagine if the take-up is slow the deadline would be extended anyway

2 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

When it's the same time every year, which it now seems to be - I have no problem.

The club like every business need to produce a forecast.  

Genuine question:- what other clubs have announced season ticket sales this time of year?

I would like to compare for my own sanity. 

49 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Maybe, maybe not.

When do the accounts need to be posted? Maybe he's trying to get as much in the accounts before they are posted.

Plus, I imagine if the take-up is slow the deadline would be extended anyway

Which years accounts ? 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Marpals said:

Why is our Season Ticket Renewal so early ?

Is there any other Professional English club with next seasons tickets on sale now with an early bird cut off in the next few days ? Its February there is still over 2 1/2 months of this season to play yet.

I'm pretty sure Utds don't usually go on sale until April.

I can remember when season tickets used to go on sale in June( showing my age now).

We just seem to be getting earlier and earlier.

It was Lee Strafford that brought this in at Hillsborough. I questioned him on it at the time, especially as there was a very real possibility of relegation the season it started, as there will be now if we get a points deduction this season. 

He stated it was so the club could make proper financial plans for the season ahead. Fair enough perhaps when the deadline used to be in the summer but not so sure it applies now as it has got earlier under Chansiri. 

We are not the only club to do this but it does now seem to be earlier than most.  

24 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

When it's the same time every year, which it now seems to be - I have no problem.

The club like every business need to produce a forecast.  

I was expecting it to be February as you say, though the deadline was extended last season.

Forecasting is fair enough but how long does it take to forecast? Our season tickets go off-sale for months. Surely we could have an initial deadline at the end of March, forecasting could still be done in ample time before contracts end and the summer transfer window opens. 

Why do season tickets go off sale for such along period?

Know someone who last summer ,after  getting an unexpected bonus from work,went in to buy one and was told non available till later date.

So he gave his cash to bars on Costa del sol instead .

Only seen him at 3 or 4 games this season.

15 minutes ago, wiltonowl said:

Why do season tickets go off sale for such along period?

Know someone who last summer ,after  getting an unexpected bonus from work,went in to buy one and was told non available till later date.

So he gave his cash to bars on Costa del sol instead .

Only seen him at 3 or 4 games this season.

Just seems bizarre to me. 

Football club with thousands of available seats makes them unavailable for sale for months.

1 hour ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Genuine question:- what other clubs have announced season ticket sales this time of year?

I would like to compare for my own sanity. 

The go and look ffs and stop being lazy