Early bird season ticket

I usually go for the early bird but there are doubts about which division we will play in next season. (Points deduction still possible)

I don’t want to be trapped into paying the current price for potentially watching third tier football.

For that reason I will PROBABLY renew in the summer.

Can anyone recall the difference between the early bird and summer renewal prices last year.

13 hours ago, Manchester_Owl said:

I think the early bird season tickets is asking a bit too much from the fans here. 

We've just had what has felt like the longest month ever and we need to renew already.

At a minimum the club should allow up until the last day in March to renew at the same prices as last season.

Also, it's now important, given our current league position and the our recent form, what the situation is with the EFL. Will we be starting next season in division 3 or will we have a 21 points deduction, basically meaning we will be in division 3 the season after.

I don't think it's fair to corner STH so early without knowing this information.

I also say this as someone who doesn't like to slag the club off.

I think we ought to pay for our season tickets at the end of the season, players wages should be adjusted to the amount that comes in and DC should stump up the difference between what he pays now in wages and what the fans think the players are worth and spend it on replacements. There you go, our new business plan in a nutshell!

lol

3 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

I did this a couple of seasons ago but ended up not going at all because I couldn't bring myself to pay the POTG prices. It's not like I couldn't afford it, its because I hate being ripped off

Exactly the same. I am not renewing this year because it's been horrible recently, and because of the stupid early deadline and i'm just falling out of love with it a bit and missing games anyway. Was thinking i will go to a few games next season, but honestly i don't think i could pay the POTG prices on principal. Chansiri has made a right mess of this imho be alienating non season ticket holders with stupid pricing.....

• Thanks 1

Agree with a lot of the posts.

I’ve not decided for definite yet, but increasing thinking of not renewing.

The main factor is I feel the club completely lacks direction or any clear strategy. POTG ticket pricing is ridiculous. Whilst I understand DC had good intentions, his arrogance and lack of knowledge have had a really detrimental impact on the feeling around the club.

It’s also been months since I actually enjoyed a game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2, National League it doesn't matter, I'll be there so will be renewing before Monday to get the best price possible

The Owls Mastercard is a good option for payment, 9 or 10 months interest free on ST purchases. It's all I actually use it for 

3 minutes ago, markg said:

I totally missed the news until the reminder as it seemed to be buried amongst the hype around the 10 year offer 

Am i asking too much, but wouldn't a letter, e mail or phone call have been too much to ask?

Is it a cost thing?

I can imagine a fair few not knowing about it.

If you don't look on twitter then you have no chance really 

May have increased sales as well 

Edited by torres

2 minutes ago, torres said:

Am i asking too much, but wouldn't a letter, e mail or phone call have been too much to ask?

Is it a cost thing?

I think it was me  being lazy and not reading the article about the 10 year offer. I didnt notice anything in the ground about it either but then again maybe I have blanked the last month at Hillsborough out 

44 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2, National League it doesn't matter, I'll be there so will be renewing before Monday to get the best price possible

The Owls Mastercard is a good option for payment, 9 or 10 months interest free on ST purchases. It's all I actually use it for 

Other good option is paying monthly by direct debit, first payment isn't due for another month from purchasing date, there's option of paying over 6 or 10 months. 

10 months is £45 per month on kop for an adult.

Edited by bradowl

Why is our Season Ticket Renewal so early ?

Is there any other Professional English club with next seasons tickets on sale now with an early bird cut off in the next few days ? Its February there is still over 2 1/2 months of this season to play yet.

I'm pretty sure Utds don't usually go on sale until April.

I can remember when season tickets used to go on sale in June( showing my age now).

We just seem to be getting earlier and earlier.

12 minutes ago, torres said:

Is it a cost thing?

The below email was sent out on Thursday last week. I received it in all email accounts. Try looking in your spam.

C4564C17-408F-4066-9BBE-F78A34A27AA7.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marpals said:

Why is our Season Ticket Renewal so early ?

Is there any other Professional English club with next seasons tickets on sale now with an early bird cut off in the next few days ? Its February there is still over 2 1/2 months of this season to play yet.

I'm pretty sure Utds don't usually go on sale until April.

I can remember when season tickets used to go on sale in June( showing my age now).

We just seem to be getting earlier and earlier.

Connor Wickham wages? 

13 hours ago, rickygoo said:

I’m going to have to acquire some kids to get a bargain.

£24 a match for a ST isn’t cheap compared to our Championship peers never mind L1. Mind you fair dues - £36 in the North Stand for the Reading game. Now that is a cracking deal. Fair play Mr Chansiri. 

How many more times ……… almost 23k pay no where near that!

You just carry on with your click bait so you can attract more likes from your band of complete balloons!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

That's some commitment. Whilst I'd watch us regardless of league status, I wouldn't be willing to pay the current prices for the levels highlighted in bold!

League One or Premier League doesn't make much difference to me, I would renew anyway so did it the other night in order to get the best price possible.

It's great that the club have frozen prices again but do accept that it is a tight deadline and appreciate that a deadline in March would've enabled fans a little more financial wiggle room when committing to such a large purchase.