Chansiri out !

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think it was Carlos who said once said that signing Rhodes was the chairmen gift to the fans, I may be mistaken or maybe CC was covering his own back.
I do admit to being excited by signing Rhodes at the time although do remember thinking it was strange signing Winnall same week as well.

Winnall was a "snip" at £500k.. but a long contract on £17k a week mounts up.. same goes for a lot of others in the squad.

Fans just look at the transfer fee tho..

Here's a thought..he got us the game against city.. what's that worth?

1 minute ago, We are all Wednesday said:

I understand what you are saying but if those investments had come off it would have been seen as a success and we would be a well run club. How the club is run is viewed against success on the pitch. Problem is, football isn’t a business and it doesn’t provide a reliable outcome.

Hopefully what we do now and going forwards provides a stable base once again and we can move forwards going into next season.

If theres a balance sheet, income and outgoings then its a business. We have to file tax returns etc. Of course its a business. running it like a tombola stall at the school fete doesnt help.

There is always uncertainty around any sport but you can produce stable foundations to under pin it.

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

If theres a balance sheet, income and outgoings then its a business. We have to file tax returns etc. Of course its a business. running it like a tombola stall at the school fete doesnt help.

There is always uncertainty around any sport but you can produce stable foundations to under pin it.

Obviously I know what you’re saying but I’m which other sector do virtually all businesses make a loss and stay in business? I for one would prefer a club which is sustainable and makes a profit each year but where would that leave us in the crazy world of football finance? Again, DC would be accused of having no ambition.

2 minutes ago, We are all Wednesday said:

Obviously I know what you’re saying but I’m which other sector do virtually all businesses make a loss and stay in business? I for one would prefer a club which is sustainable and makes a profit each year but where would that leave us in the crazy world of football finance? Again, DC would be accused of having no ambition.

I have no fault with him spending him money at all. Signs of ambition.

However, on the flip side. Not selling players for a profit to make the club sustainable, not ambitious or sensible. Recruiting seems haphazard, its like me needing new shoes so I go to town and buy 3 t shirts and a pair of jeans, not because I needed them, but because they were there. we have had chairman with no/little money in the past, we have wished to have money to spend. Then we get a chairman with money (prayers answered) but then on the face of it, little football acumen and what you could call lack of support to run the club and provide direction. I can only believe that he thinks he can run the club on his own, with no guidance or support from anywhere else. That's just ego. Bigger and better people than him take direction all the time. strange.

11 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I have no fault with him spending him money at all. Signs of ambition.

However, on the flip side. Not selling players for a profit to make the club sustainable, not ambitious or sensible. Recruiting seems haphazard, its like me needing new shoes so I go to town and buy 3 t shirts and a pair of jeans, not because I needed them, but because they were there. we have had chairman with no/little money in the past, we have wished to have money to spend. Then we get a chairman with money (prayers answered) but then on the face of it, little football acumen and what you could call lack of support to run the club and provide direction. I can only believe that he thinks he can run the club on his own, with no guidance or support from anywhere else. That's just ego. Bigger and better people than him take direction all the time. strange.

Who could we have sold that we would have wanted to? We have sold Joao and Hunt when good offers emerged.

Maybe we signed who was available (I have no idea whether this was within a certain strategy or not).

I agree that we have gotten certain things wrong but it’s easy to look back when it hasn’t worked out.

who really knows what advice DC is getting and what structure/strategy there is...

Edited by We are all Wednesday

1 minute ago, We are all Wednesday said:

Who could we have sold that we would have wanted to? We have sold Joao and Hunt when good offers emerged.

I agree that we have gotten certain things wrong but it’s easy to look back when it hasn’t worked out.

who really knows what advice DC is getting and what structure/strategy there is...

Its not if we 'wanted' to. Its if we needed to.

If 'rumours' were true we could have sold FF for a handsome profit, Reach as well I think. I can only go on what rumours were around, like you say, nobody knows for sure.

I believe DC even said on some occasions, he doesn't sell because its family. Its not. There books to balance, end of. You can only sell the ground once. That's done. Whats next?

Just now, rickygoo said:

It's his decision on whether to act on any advice he gets. He got the plaudits. He takes the blame.

That's right, and my opinion, theres more to blame than applaud. By a long way. Good start, tailed off rapidly into one fiasco to the next.

39 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Its not if we 'wanted' to. Its if we needed to.

If 'rumours' were true we could have sold FF for a handsome profit, Reach as well I think. I can only go on what rumours were around, like you say, nobody knows for sure.

I believe DC even said on some occasions, he doesn't sell because its family. Its not. There books to balance, end of. You can only sell the ground once. That's done. Whats next?

Sorry but this is based on what?

We weren’t going to sell Fessi straight after the play-off final as we wanted another go at getting there and he was our main man. And even if we were willing, who bid for him and how much?

was there a firm offer for Reach and again how much?

selling Joao and particularly Hunt show we are willing if the time and/or deal is right. Hunt still had something to offer but we cashed in because it was a good deal. Does this not show that DC is willing to sell?

I am clearly posting in the wrong thread here!

• Thanks 1

People say that Chansiris heart is in the right place but he is just incompetent.  I can't agree with that.  He has made no attempt to put the club on a realistic footing or make it a going concern for the future, absolutely none.  If he cared one tiny bit about the club or fans he would have always been thinking about the sustainability and making serious decisions about spending and building something for the future.  No attempt at establishing relationships with local businesses or sponsors, no attempt to really grow anything regarding the day to day running of the club which is a joke commercially.

Not only that if he had any concern about the club or fans he wouldn't have priced a generation of pay on the gate fans out of seeing their team and getting involved with the club. 

You can invest and take a limited gamble while still building the club and still safeguarding the future of the club, that is surely the skill and challenge of leadership.  Instead he has just used the club as a vehicle to massage his own ego and to further his gambling activities.  His heart is not in the right place at all I think the simple truth is he doesn't give a monkeys and is just playing with his toy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, We are all Wednesday said:

Would it have been a fiasco if we got promoted with these players?

And what decisions in particular are you referring to?

We didnt get promoted. We did have to sell the ground.

Im not listing them. Im happy with my view. Im sure you are happy with yours

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

We didnt get promoted. We did have to sell the ground.

Im not listing them. Im happy with my view. Im sure you are happy with yours

That’s cool, just making conversation.

I agree that we fell short and should have done better given how much we spent but there are no guarantees and hindsight is a wonderful thing.

At least we haven’t really sold our ground but I guess that could be part of the problem with the EFL!

19 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

More seeing the light

His incompetence is a risk to the future of our club

We are well past that point though.....The sad "horns of the dilemna" f.ookwhittery that only The Wednesday could manage is...

We are up s h *T creek with him...and on the same f.ookin' stretch of water without him.

If incompetence was an art form Sheffield Wednesday football club would be a cross between Michaelangelo and Da Vinci..sadly the prospect looks more like 

image.jpeg.8f7c2599bf87b4a6d14df3b154c47177.jpeg