Same tactics get same results

On 02/01/2020 at 01:30, Hack-Abusi said:

Always reactive instead of proactive.... in our predicament you'd think we'd have a few deals ironed out already or loanees brought in.  No doubt we'll wait till deadline day before we make a single transfer

Because of him and DC, jos was only able to sign 1 player. 1 chuffing player permanently in 2 windows and 2 loanees. That is gash ...

Jos was gash, the worst manager ive ever seen, negative tactics, playing with no forward , he was a complete joke mate!

On 01/01/2020 at 18:41, DJMortimer said:

Interestingly enough, even though almost all of those funds were spent on attacking players, it's that aspect of our game that's the weakest now.

There can be no denying whatsoever that the managers who have followed Carvalhal have been severely hampered by the reckless overspending from his first two seasons. This has led in turn to the stadium sale debacle that could make things very much worse still.

Every manager in the world will spend money if its offered, if Carlos wanted money and chansiri said yes then of course hes gonna spend it, we were 90 mins away from the prem! The signing of Rhodes in hindsite was a massive mistake, but lets not forget at the time everybody on here was sponking in their pants when we signed him! We all wanted him, chansiri delivered, it didnt work

Tactics are dictated by the players available, think Monk has also eluded to this  

The players have shown that they can execute a game plan to pick up points, when they want to.

This group of players has shown exactly the same fragility under a succession of managers. I'm not sure what Monk could change, other than the players and I hope we can do some swift business in this transfer window to make a start rebuilding this squad.

Edited by striker

34 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

The signing of Rhodes in hindsite was a massive mistake, but lets not forget at the time everybody on here was sponking in their pants when we signed him! We all wanted him, chansiri delivered, it didnt work

Not me.

It was the very last position of the team that needed a new arrival, never mind one that came at such a huge financial cost. 

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It was the very last position of the team that needed a new arrival, never mind one that came at such a huge financial cost. 

Exactly.

I'd say this, as a club we should always be looking to improve the weakest position in the team, that makes infinitely more sense than attempting to upgrade another position. Let's be honest, buying a player in almost any other position made more sense......

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Exactly.

I'd say this, as a club we should always be looking to improve the weakest position in the team, that makes infinitely more sense than attempting to upgrade another position. Let's be honest, buying a player in almost any other position made more sense......

Signing a 20 goals a season forward in this division gets you in the top 6, thats what Rhodes was at the time

6 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Signing a 20 goals a season forward in this division gets you in the top 6, thats what Rhodes was at the time

Not as simple as that. As one look at the way we played at the and the way Rhodes plays would have told anyone

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Not as simple as that. As one look at the way we played at the and the way Rhodes plays would have told anyone

I think it is. Forwards are judged on goals scored, irrespective of their style of play. If any forward had the record Rhodes had, which was second to none , you would want to sign him surely? Or would you rather play Nuhiu who scores every 20 games but works hard?

13 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

If only the decision was as binary as that. 

We bought Rhodes when a central defender had been a priority for an age, not to mention the wide defensive positions. 

Also, I think if we'd bought a forward that had scored a few in the season we bought him there'd be a bit more weigh to that argument. As it was, he'd hardly played let alone scored. 

Edited by Morepork

11 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

I think it is. Forwards are judged on goals scored, irrespective of their style of play. If any forward had the record Rhodes had, which was second to none , you would want to sign him surely? Or would you rather play Nuhiu who scores every 20 games but works hard?

No,  I'd want to loan someone like Tammy Abraham who scores, goals, is capable of creating things for himself, but also has good hold up play ,is capable working the channels and has the pace to make him a threat on the counter attack as well as when we're in possession.

Which I said a while before when we were in need of a striker.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

No,  I'd want to loan someone like Tammy Abraham who scores, goals, is capable of creating things for himself, but also has good hold up play ,is capable working the channels and has the pace to make him a threat on the counter attack as well as when we're in possession.

Which I said a while before when we were in need of a striker.

But Abraham wasnt even an option, i’d like to loan harry kane but again its not an option

On 01/01/2020 at 17:03, WelshOwl74 said:

Nuhiu starting 

Bannan and Hutchinson in midfield 

Always gonna get same results

Monk needs to learn very quickly 

Its failed for 5 year ,not gonna start working now 

Not just tactics, Monk has alluded to the fact we can’t play at an high enough tempo to be successful in the championship. It’s a problem we have had since Carlos. It’s why even when we win, we only seem to have one good half. This is why a big shake up is needed more than anything else. We have a one paced squad by and large.