Same tactics get same results

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We are where we are  In my opinion, we have two stand out quality players, in Borner and Bannan, as long as he’s played in a three. There are other good players to back them up, but perhaps 2 or 3 key ingredients are missing These missing ingredients mean that whether we set up 4-3-3, or 4-4-2, something is missing That’s why we absolutely need to bring in the players to remedy this. Loans will do it, we don’t need experience, we have plenty of that, we need legs and energy. Most top flight loanees will have that, and probably the required level of skill also Allowing that these are the issues that leaves Monk, slightly hamstrung, he does need to make the most of his resources. Is he doing that, I’m not sure that he is

I quit agree. 

I'm pretty sure Monk would too. 

Given the finances I suspect loans is our only hope.

I'd be amazed if they haven't already been trying to sort something. 

The whole team sits far too deep. There is nothing between The defence and forwards.  Been the case since the playoff final. We fail to challenge for the 2nd ball due to bannan and hutch sitting in the defensive line. We are a mid table team 8th - 14th at best.  I hope we can strengthen but I’m not holding any hope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

This shower is beyond redemption.

A big chunk of blame lies with Carlos and DC for not moving them on years ago.

Who ever decided to tell them they are family has a lot to answer for.

For how long are we gonna blame carlos!? Weve had 3 managers since, will we still blame carlos in another 5/10 years ffs! The team just isnt good enough simple as that, monk is an average manager at best and chansiri hasnt a clue!! ......but no lets blame carlos!

44 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Due to outrageous overspending on spent players in the 'glory days' of our play off seasons....Our previous two managers have had just £500k to spend and Monk has so far had nothing. 

He can move all the pawns around the chess board in whatever configuration he wants but they are still pawns.

Interestingly enough, even though almost all of those funds were spent on attacking players, it's that aspect of our game that's the weakest now.

1 minute ago, chizumgeorge said:

For how long are we gonna blame carlos!? Weve had 3 managers since, will we still blame carlos in another 5/10 years ffs! The team just isnt good enough simple as that, monk is an average manager at best and chansiri hasnt a clue!! ......but no lets blame carlos!

There can be no denying whatsoever that the managers who have followed Carvalhal have been severely hampered by the reckless overspending from his first two seasons. This has led in turn to the stadium sale debacle that could make things very much worse still.

1 hour ago, Daz said:

We just have to bring in some fresh energy by 2 or 3 hungry pacy youngsters on loan. We are so one dimensional in attack it's verging on being criminal.

Nail on head. We are so predictable it's easy for teams to completely nullify us.  I thought Hull defended very well from the first minute and would have been happy with a 0-0. Every Owls fan I know says the same, most of this squad have had their chance, we need young fit players unafraid to take people on. I know it's easier said than done.

8 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Carlos dug the cesspit. DC told us to climb in. Jos planted some roses in it.

Monk is trying to climb out.

15 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

3 managers since who've had a sum total of £500k to spend between them.  

Agree the team isn't good enough.

But they were all here before the current manager. 

All credit to Hull today, they are an ordinary run of the mill championship side but had us worked out from the off today. High ball in to our forwards/there central defenders,they picked up every second ball. Each time we went wide to Reach and Harris they overloaded those areas so there was nowhere for us to go, they even cut off the pass back to midfield and supporting full back. They showed more energy than us and seemed as though they would have been happy for a point until they scored.

Just confirmed today quite a few of our players are not up to it especially the forwards. Our best players at the moment are the ones Bruce brought in last transfer window, patience needed now Monk needs time to add better and ship out deadwood

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

I quite like Monk but I wish he would recognise that we simply do not have the personnel to play 4-4-2 with any regularity.

3 centre backs, 3 central midfielders would suit us far more.

Agree would like to see a team of 

Dawson

Iorfa        Lees      Borner 

Harris                                 Reach

Hutch

Luongo      Bannan

Fletch     New striker

4 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

patience needed now Monk needs time to add better and ship out deadwood

Definitely what it needs.

But it's evident I  some quarters patience is wearing thin. 

I'll not be long before the word 'toxic' starts getting bandied about again.

7 hours ago, davey_wells said:

This 100%

Looking at the news about Blackpool signing Thorniley this morning is staggering - a team that hasn't just realised January has suddenly arrived, they've been planning it.

It relies on a recruitment network, leadership and clear decision making.

I doubt Monk and Chansiri and whoever else might be involved have even discussed transfers yet.

In fairness, it reminds me of my own inept planning at work - often belatedly doing something for an event in a rush because it wasnt planned in well enough. All comes about due to bad planners, like me, and firefighting too much other stuff going on

... like bloody fighting the EFL, for example.

Always reactive instead of proactive.... in our predicament you'd think we'd have a few deals ironed out already or loanees brought in.  No doubt we'll wait till deadline day before we make a single transfer

6 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

Because of him and DC, jos was only able to sign 1 player. 1 chuffing player permanently in 2 windows and 2 loanees. That is gash ...

13 hours ago, pussface said:

Plus we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes

A total balls up by the looks of things. Gonna cost the club big time.

It's hard to say which is more shambolic - on the field or behind the scenes!!

Long way to go still,  if some "miracles" happen this month!

(and by "miracles" I mean some half decent players in and the dead wood out) 

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

But it's evident I  some quarters patience is wearing thin. 

I'll not be long before the word 'toxic' starts getting bandied about again.

I have to agree. It's a time to get behind the manager not berate him for the players he has been left with. Give him 2 windows

12 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

Funny you should say 5-10 years because that’s how long it’s going to take for us to get out of the financial mess Carlos/DC left us in.

14 hours ago, Northanstonowl said:

The whole team sits far too deep. There is nothing between The defence and forwards.  Been the case since the playoff final. We fail to challenge for the 2nd ball due to bannan and hutch sitting in the defensive line. We are a mid table team 8th - 14th at best.  I hope we can strengthen but I’m not holding any hope.

Exactly this......Bannan and Hutch are always way too deep. No point cracking the ball up to the strikers if there’s nobody to pick up the ball from midfield. This means the strikers move deeper and deeper to receive the ball leaving no threat up front. If playing 2 strikers one needs to be consistently playing off the last man to pick up flick ons and the midfield needs to push up. Bannan and Hutch can’t play like this so fan favourite or not, they need replacing or the system needs changing to allow for a more packed midfield.....3 5 2?

What has happened to Harris.....he’s been awful recently and his decision making is really poor. Losing the ball time and again by cutting inside and going for the spectacular shot rather than simply crossing the ball in.

Love Dave but his time is done. Fed up of the statement ‘and his first touch let him down’ from commentators.

Tom Lees......runs 10 yards forward into space with the ball then turns round and passes it back to the keeper. 

Dawson......for gods sake the coaching team need to focus on his kicking ability. Sort that, great keeper.

There’s so much more but it depresses me to type it