New Forward

On 28/11/2019 at 18:40, Mycroft said:

Cause hes only had one to choose from

No one can say that is true at all.

He's played two, given another nothing but cameo's until the last game and two have been frozen out without really been given a chance.

Hardly "only had one to choose from"

Edited by Salmonbones

On 28/11/2019 at 20:48, Maddogbob said:

Think all we can realistically hope for is to start building for next year. Trouble is, (mellow drama alert) can we be sure, with the efl apocalypse haging over us that we will retain our championship status. 

Will we be embargoed again? Will we be made an example of? 

So will dc keep his hands in his pocket? Can we shift anyone? 

My opinion would be to try and find a gem or two from league 1 or 2, at least draw a line under stuff and start again. 

However can we? Or are we not allowed or will DC wait and see? 

Last time we did that was Chris Bart Williams, and most who post on here these days can't even remember him.

What are the chances?

On 27/11/2019 at 22:39, S72 Owl said:

Think it’s a must in January. This team is still crying out for someone with a bit of pace that can get in behind the defence and finish. 

Sell Rhodes and Winnall and bring in someone, no idea who, could be a kid from a premier league team, just someone with pace please that can play off Fletcher. 

Very few goals scored directly from quick strikers in this division. I think we need 2 quality fast full backs to provide fletch and atdhe. Strikers with good stats cost too much. Tenacious youth is better value for money. A loan signing for central middle is needed as 2nd half of season is not hutch or lee yet best time 

5 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Very few goals scored directly from quick strikers in this division. I think we need 2 quality fast full backs to provide fletch and atdhe. Strikers with good stats cost too much. Tenacious youth is better value for money. A loan signing for central middle is needed as 2nd half of season is not hutch or lee yet best time 

Not sure about that, we will continue to struggle if our main source of goals, is looking for the head of Fletcher, or Nuhiu It’s a useful tool, but we need more in our armoury 

14 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

A quick striker would completely change the dynamic of our team. At the moment we’re a bit predictable, which is why we can’t beat the better teams. 

7 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

A quick striker would completely change the dynamic of our team. At the moment we’re a bit predictable, which is why we can’t beat the better teams. 

It would agreed. But a mitrovic or similar is expensive and requires a lot of tactics to get the best out of. Mid season promotion push is not ideal time. I think it's to much to wish for until we have no ffp or get promoted. 

If we lose hutch and Lee which is likely at some point due to injury or suspension the centre mid is devoid of a holding player as joey not really what monk requires. If Palmer or fox out. Replacing them is making more change moving position for cover from their preferred positions. Weakening team in both areas. We still have no pace at full back when iorfa at ch. Means 3 at the back is out of the question as fox or Palmer are not wing backs and cover is not quick or experienced. Moses is yet to win me over. I think he will settle. Just not as quick as we need. 

21 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Not sure about that, we will continue to struggle if our main source of goals, is looking for the head of Fletcher, or Nuhiu It’s a useful tool, but we need more in our armoury 

The midfield and Harris needs to score more. We need a rhodes type player in Huddersfield form

On 01/12/2019 at 17:51, Salmonbones said:

Last time we did that was Chris Bart Williams, and most who post on here these days can't even remember him.

What are the chances?

Future England captain bart Williams. 18 years old and held a place in a good swfc midfield and never got any better. Until forest bought him when we thought we had the best from him 

On 28/11/2019 at 17:07, 4evaowl said:

Both havent done enough to start but my point was that I wouldn't give a manager money to spend on another striker when he only plays one striker.

Dont get the logic of this at all. Would selling a striker then qualify for funds for a new striker. Surely a loan striker is more important to have a better quality player as the sole responsibility of movement and holding the ball and making runs is his. 

In my opinion a solo striker is a more important to play a quality player there 

12 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

It would agreed. But a mitrovic or similar is expensive and requires a lot of tactics to get the best out of. Mid season promotion push is not ideal time. I think it's to much to wish for until we have no ffp or get promoted. 

If we lose hutch and Lee which is likely at some point due to injury or suspension the centre mid is devoid of a holding player as joey not really what monk requires. If Palmer or fox out. Replacing them is making more change moving position for cover from their preferred positions. Weakening team in both areas. We still have no pace at full back when iorfa at ch. Means 3 at the back is out of the question as fox or Palmer are not wing backs and cover is not quick or experienced. Moses is yet to win me over. I think he will settle. Just not as quick as we need. 

Mitrovic makes Nuhui look fast. A young fast striker on loan from a prem club could do the job. 

12 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Dont get the logic of this at all. Would selling a striker then qualify for funds for a new striker. Surely a loan striker is more important to have a better quality player as the sole responsibility of movement and holding the ball and making runs is his. 

In my opinion a solo striker is a more important to play a quality player there 

Yeah, I’d be pairing them in U23 games, keeping them fit, getting them scoring again, even if it only puts them in the shop window for January

I still think we need to look to lower leagues to get a proven goal scorer. 
swindon have Doyle on loan (from Bradford) and he’s scored about 20 this season. 
admittedly he’s 31 and not the young hungry pacey chap we need, but there’s players out there who have scored more than all our attackers put together. 
..... and he’d be cheap 

2 hours ago, j17tjp said:

I still think we need to look to lower leagues to get a proven goal scorer. 
swindon have Doyle on loan (from Bradford) and he’s scored about 20 this season. 
admittedly he’s 31 and not the young hungry pacey chap we need, but there’s players out there who have scored more than all our attackers put together. 
..... and he’d be cheap 

Wouldn’t we be making the same mistakes as we did with Rhodes and Winnall, bringing in players who don’t have the ability to take us where we want to go

4 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Mitrovic makes Nuhui look fast. A young fast striker on loan from a prem club could do the job. 

That's my point. Few goals are from direct pacy strikers in this league. Proven goal scorers like mitrovic are gold dust. They also not necessarily quick. 

But on Nuhiu he was red hot end of 16 / 17 season under jos. If monk can get that form out of him it would solve a big problem