New Forward

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Cause hes only had one to choose from

Fletcher has rightly been no.1 this season but I can’t agree that all the others are not good enough to be a second striker. Last night it was a different game when Nuhiu and FF were on to support Fletcher.

Sadly I think Winnall’s injury has really hampered his career at this level, but he has shown a bit in flashes. Rightly he’s down the pecking order.

Rhodes has had very few minutes under Monk, so hard to say on him but he hasn’t given the manager a selection headache when he has come on.

Think all we can realistically hope for is to start building for next year. Trouble is, (mellow drama alert) can we be sure, with the efl apocalypse haging over us that we will retain our championship status. 

Will we be embargoed again? Will we be made an example of? 

So will dc keep his hands in his pocket? Can we shift anyone? 

My opinion would be to try and find a gem or two from league 1 or 2, at least draw a line under stuff and start again. 

However can we? Or are we not allowed or will DC wait and see? 

Edited by Maddogbob

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Probably time to leave Fletcher out for a few games, and bring in Nuhiu Flank him with Harris and Forestieri

Would be receptive to this. I thought Nuhiu was great when he came on last night and fletch had a poor game overall. One thing for sure is that Forestieri needs to start on Saturday. Ye, we will lose some defensive work, but we aren’t scoring goals and something needs to change.

On 27/11/2019 at 23:33, jrh said:

Can we have a player like that Jordan Rhodes that never stopped or something like that scoring for Huddersfield and Blackburn please.... 

Or possibly that chap who was knocking them in for fun at Oakwell, Winnon or someone wasn't it.

I think a new striker would freshen things up and get a bit of positivity about the place.

love to see

winnall

rhodes

forestieri

swapped for a couple of players with pace to work alongside fletcher and nuhiu.

14 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Or possibly that chap who was knocking them in for fun at Oakwell, Winnon or someone wasn't it.

winnall isn’t good enough - he was good in league 1 and started well for Barnsley in championship but think he’s reaching in terms of being a good championship forward - not enough strength in a particular attribute 

pace - none 

heading - average

hold up play - average

finishing - average 

work rate - good

On 27/11/2019 at 22:39, S72 Owl said:

Think it’s a must in January. This team is still crying out for someone with a bit of pace that can get in behind the defence and finish. 

Sell Rhodes and Winnall and bring in someone, no idea who, could be a kid from a premier league team, just someone with pace please that can play off Fletcher. 

Nobody wants those two...nobody 

If we are able to bring in a forward, or two, I hope we look to change the emphasis of our attack. It will be pointless just to replicate the 2 wingers and a target man approach, as the man in the middle will still be isolated. Unless we can unearth a gem of an upgrade on Fletcher, somebody who can forge chances for himself, then we need wide attackers, as opposed to out and out wingers

On 27/11/2019 at 22:44, Blue and white said:

I think a few people will be disappointed with our transfer activity in January.

Until the EFL have fizzed us over for our owners incompetence we will be signing no one. As of yet the EFL don't seem to be rushing to deal with it.

it might be our Christmas present.

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
On 28 November 2019 at 20:33, gurujuan said:

Probably time to leave Fletcher out for a few games, and bring in Nuhiu Flank him with Harris and Forestieri

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Good call, worked wonders yesterday.

Top trolling :bullen:

On 29/11/2019 at 22:57, toppOwl said:

What striker of any not is going to want to come to SWFC in its current state, Monk is probably playing the only striker he has who shows consistently that he actually wants to be out there.

Nakki Wells is the player we need....