Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Think it’s a must in January. This team is still crying out for someone with a bit of pace that can get in behind the defence and finish. 

 

Sell Rhodes and Winnall and bring in someone, no idea who, could be a kid from a premier league team, just someone with pace please that can play off Fletcher. 

Edited by S72 Owl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Think it’s a must in January. This team is still crying out for someone with a bit of pace that can get in behind the defence and finish. 

 

Sell Rhodes and Winnall and bring in someone, no idea who, could be a kid from a premier league team, just someone with pace please that can play off Fletcher. 

I think a few people will be disappointed with our transfer activity in January.

Until the EFL have fizzed us over for our owners incompetence we will be signing no one. As of yet the EFL don't seem to be rushing to deal with it.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll probably be in another embargo. 

  • Agree 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

"Sell Rhodes and Winnall"

 

If only it was that easy... 

If Norwich offer us nothing for Rhodes in January I'd snap their hand off.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, York_Owl said:

If Norwich offer us nothing for Rhodes in January I'd snap their hand off.


I’d let them have their hand back too

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a must, if we’re able. Either a replacement for Fletcher, or if we persist with him, then two goalscoring wide men

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we have a player like that Jordan Rhodes that never stopped scoring for Huddersfield and Blackburn please.... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

It’s a must, if we’re able. Either a replacement for Fletcher, or if we persist with him, then two goalscoring wide men

Think it was "Wide men" that got us in this mess in the first place...none of 'em footballers

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder who we can waste £8M on this january. Can't wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're gonna persist with 433/451, then a goal-scoring wing-forward is a must - and one that doesn't neglect responsibilities without the ball. We don't have one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jokes aside though, haven't we dismissed this myth that you have to pay big bucks to get good players. Look through our recent signings of the last 5 years and some of the free signings have been by far the best: Westwood, Lees, Lee, Bannan, Hutchinson, Wallace, Harris, Borner etc. Only really Forestieri that we paid money for that has been well worth it. Its about getting value for money isn't it or investing in someone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kodjia on loan, pay his wages so Villa free up a salary and squad space with a view to sign him on a free when his contract expires in the summer. Thanks.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, alanharper said:

"Sell Rhodes and Winnall"

 

If only it was that easy... 

Both have been prolific before and there is no reason why they can't again if we play the right system, let's be fair we have feck all to lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, York_Owl said:

If Norwich offer us nothing for Rhodes in January I'd snap their hand off.

There’s loads of posts on this, as far as I’m aware if we give him away then we still pay the remainder of the payments owed to Boro upfront which effectively as far as this years accounts go costs us money. The best we could do is arrange a fee for a loan deal. The situation does need sorting though, if you look at his record he scored goals as part of a front two and starting games. If he is to stay then he needs to be starting with fletcher or nuhiu for at least 10 games, otherwise yes we need to somehow get rid.

 

Winnall has had a serious ACL injury so I doubt we can sell him to anyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know how connor wickham is getting on now a days?

 

That's the sort of singing we need in Jan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, neo hippy said:

Anyone know how connor wickham is getting on now a days?

 

That's the sort of singing we need in Jan

 

Not sure his initiation performance was that good to be honest.

 

OT. Not much pace on the suggestions here which is something we are still lacking.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jrh said:

Jokes aside though, haven't we dismissed this myth that you have to pay big bucks to get good players. Look through our recent signings of the last 5 years and some of the free signings have been by far the best: Westwood, Lees, Lee, Bannan, Hutchinson, Wallace, Harris, Borner etc. Only really Forestieri that we paid money for that has been well worth it. Its about getting value for money isn't it or investing in someone. 

Many teams (some very local to us) proved what was obvious , spending wisely is the way forward . The only way we will progress in our current state is sealing and dealing properly . Unfortunately none of our players are worth anything 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Many teams (some very local to us) proved what was obvious , spending wisely is the way forward . The only way we will progress in our current state is sealing and dealing properly . Unfortunately none of our players are worth anything 

True, and that has been the case since the Wembley defeat. 3 or 4 targeted loan signings would have done the job back then, and that remains the case right now It’s the 30 odd signings, and the money spent, since then, that has landed us where we are today What we’ve done so far this season, has to be the way forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...