Blackburn - V - Wednesday OMDT

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

wouldn’t bother tryna reason with half of doom merchants on here pal, wasting your time ,  spend half an hour on here and anyone would think were 4 points adrift at bottom of table not 4 off the top ! 

Point is that SWFC have aspirations and are struggling to win matches vs teams there to be beaten. Cardiff, Leeds at home, Blackburn..Defensive mistake by bottom of division Stoke the exception of a win.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

fools is what they are.

Ashamed to be a supporter of the same club as half of these plonkers.

Agreed fella, limit my time on here these days , 2 or 3 threads in and I’m looking for

nearest bridge to jump off 

Guest The Horse

flipping idiots.

If you take the lead with six minutes to go, you go down at every challenge, roll around and hold your head and boot the ball into the corners like every other bugger does against us.

How naive are we this season along with giving away soft free kicks?

Sort it out whilst we're still in the race, Monk.

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

Point is that SWFC have aspirations and are struggling to win matches vs teams there to be beaten. Cardiff, Leeds at home, Blackburn..Defensive mistake by bottom of division Stoke the exception of a win.

point is we’re 4pts off the top, and one defeat has half the fanbase waving the white flags 

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Before today we had the most points in the division since Monk took charge but yeh, definitely turned into a soft touch under him based on this result!

We’ve beaten three w*nk teams recently in Huddersfield, Stoke and Boro.

Thrown away points late on against Cardiff and obviously Blackburn today.

Complete no-show performances against Hull, Everton, today etc.

I’d be lying if I said that I’m not concerned.

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

We were not better than Leeds. Draw fair.

Do you not think we played well last week?

Or are you just happier throwing the toys out of the pram at this poor performance when prior to this game nobody had picked up more points than we have since we appointed a new manager? 

2 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Everton? Who cares about cup crap.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you not think we played well last week?

Or are you just happier throwing the toys out of the pram at this poor performance when prior to this game nobody had picked up more points than we have since we appointed a new manager? 

It's the first chance he has had to moan at a Wednesday game since Hull.

He had to make the most of it, won't not get the chance again for a few weeks.

Shoot me down but looking at things overall, performances etc, are we really looking any better than what we were under Dross?

Remove the fact he shot himself in the foot with not playing Westwood etc. With Dross we went into the first international brake high up the league but performances were bad. You could see it, bad performances but we scraped wins , but eventually the wins stopped but performances remained poor.

Similar to now, performances are poor, take out Leeds etc and it's been bad, we've picked up the wins but there's only so many times you can keep playing bad and digging out the wins. Eventually it catches up and the wins dry up and the performances go down hill. Are we at that stage now we're it's about to turn again?

1 minute ago, Westfield Owl said:

Cardiff have one of the best home records in the division and have backed that up with 10 men today. How many have Huddersfield lost under their new manager? Hull was a poor performance but we still deserved something. Got beat by their first effort on target and had a certain penalty not given.

face facts. the quality in this division is not great from near top to bottom and we are one of the teams in contention for top 6. If you switch off at this level you will pay the price as teams are much of a muchness.

How have much fancied Fulham got on at home to Hull today. How did in contention Bristol do at Barnsley? 

I'm concerned some of our supporters like to be critical much more than support and praise. What were your expectations for this season? 

14 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

So carry on attacking and lose 2-1 is the best strategy then is it?

Monk got his changes wrong today, wrong tactics from the start too but went too attacking at the death and it cost us.

The timing of getting to 1-0 was admittedly difficult-attack or defend-and I wasn't there  but if FF does not look like helping the team get 1-0 earlier to give time to get to 2-0, he is surplus. Monk seems reluctant to play him and for two years up to two years ago, he was the best goalscorer . There is nobody else to show same skill and finishing ability. The team is short of a key component.

Edited by victorturner

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

Shoot me down but looking at things overall, performances etc, are we really looking any better than what we were under Dross?

Remove the fact he shot himself in the foot with not playing Westwood etc. With Dross we went into the first international brake high up the league but performances were bad. You could see it, bad performances but we scraped wins , but eventually the wins stopped but performances remained poor.

Similar to now, performances are poor, take out Leeds etc and it's been bad, we've picked up the wins but there's only so many times you can keep playing bad and digging out the wins. Eventually it catches up and the wins dry up and the performances go down hill. Are we at that stage now we're it's about to turn again?

That’s you having the Doom Merchants thinking all there birthdays have come at once reading that 

Nobody is flouncing we just weren’t good enough today. We have dropped points again and yup 4 points behind top but we could be that team that everyone is chasing. 

im not blaming monk for today just annoyed at the players attitude towards the game today.