Wigan away form

We generally do alright against relegation candidates.

Last season, our record against the ‘real’ bottom 8 (Stoke City included, Birmingham City omitted) was:

P 16, W 7, D 6, L 3, GF 20, GA 16

And that was with a worst squad than the one we have now.  And with Luhukay’s garbage tactics for half of those fixtures.

The pace we’ve recruited since then in Harris, Odubajo and Murphy will help us break down some of the stubborn defences that come to Hillsborough and set up for a 0-0.  Hopefully this will help turn those frustrating draws into wins against the relegation-battlers, such as Wigan.

Hopefully, fingers crossed we'll see a reaction from Tuesdays very average performance against Hull and three points. Good sides react well and bounce back. I don't care if its a scrappy ground out 1-0 I'll take that becouse we have a habit of playing rubbish against sides we should be able to beat, especially at home.... 

Bolton were always the prime example of this.!!

2 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

Every team says the same thing, about ending another team’s bad run. It’s just standard football fan pessimism. We’ll do the job tomorrow 

Genuinely not sure it is. Maybe as I work with teenagers but most people I speak to have a blind optimism about their club.

Apart from Wednesday fans of course.